Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Era » Wed May 14, 2014 1:37 am

"Playing Diablo with someone way better than me..."
Source.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Flex » Wed May 14, 2014 9:12 am

Worldie wrote:Lol at the buffs... the patch is now live and I'm up by 300k char sheet dps, insane.

I dropped 80K sheet DPS to take Lord Commander since I worked both Phalanx and now Bombardment with its Holy rune into my build. Bombardment with a 1H still seems lackluster.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed May 14, 2014 9:55 am

Flex wrote:Sounds like you just don't like the design of ARPGs then.

I'd argue I just don't like (what I consider to be) stupid game design, when so much better is possible.

Is it known what calculations are behind sheet DPS? Googling around is inconclusive, but some posts suggest it's essentially white damage, which is asinine.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed May 14, 2014 10:51 am

It can't be just white damage, because it's influenced by crit / crit dmg / atk speed and not by phisical modifier.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Wed May 14, 2014 11:04 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Flex wrote:Sounds like you just don't like the design of ARPGs then.

I'd argue I just don't like (what I consider to be) stupid game design, when so much better is possible.

But then they wouldn't really be ARPGs. Why do you think they have seasons/ladders? Stashless fresh regrind for all!

Is it known what calculations are behind sheet DPS? Googling around is inconclusive, but some posts suggest it's essentially white damage, which is asinine.

It is pretty much the damage you'd do with a 100% weapon attack over a period of time. So it is pretty much irrelevant for 100% of all builds. Attack Speed, Crit and Crit Damage are calculated into it along with primary stat and weapon damage.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed May 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Flex wrote:So it is pretty much irrelevant for 100% of all builds.

Insert Kefka laugh here.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Fri May 16, 2014 8:52 am

Looked up a legendary earlier and came across this, might be worth sharing. The list in the source has item tooltips on hover, if curious.

Source.

21) I've heard there are certain cache-specific legendaries, such as the Ring of Royal Grandeur?
Yes: certain legendaries can only drop from bounty caches; the difficulty level doesn't matter, but they only drop from caches from two acts each (act 4 and one other act). Those are all currently known bounty cache legendaries:

Avarice Band - Act 3 and Act 4
Boots of Disregard - Act 3 and Act 4
Burst of Wrath - Act 3 and Act 4
Cloak of Deception - Act 2 and Act 4
Coven's Criterion - Act 2 and Act 4
Death's Bargain - Act 4 and Act 5
Envious Blade - Act 3 and Act 4
Gloves of Worship - Act 2 and Act 4
Golden Gorget of Leoric - Act 1 and Act 4
Helltrapper - Act 4 and Act 5
Ilusory Boots - Act 2 and Act 4
Insatiable Belt - Act 3 and Act 4
Mad Monarch's Scepter - Act 1 and Act 4
Overwhelming Desire - Act 3 and Act 4
Pandemonium Loop - Act 4 and Act 5
Pauldrons of the Skeleton King - Act 1 and Act 4
Pride's Fall - Act 3 and Act 4
Ring of Royal Grandeur - Act 1 and Act 4
Salvation - Act 4 and Act 5
Sanguinary Vambraces - Act 1 and Act 4
Soulsmasher - Act 4 and Act 5
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri May 16, 2014 4:31 pm

This looks like a compilation based off this blue post, which is a bit easier to read:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/ ... ?page=3#45
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Fri May 16, 2014 5:04 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:This looks like a compilation based off this blue post, which is a bit easier to read:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/ ... ?page=3#45

Ah nice catch! Yes, that seems more organized.
Era

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri May 16, 2014 5:12 pm

It's a little strange to me that there's so much data in this game you can't get unless you read the right websites, and so much data that you can't get at all.

Wish they would just provide combat log capabilities.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sat May 17, 2014 5:59 am

fuzzygeek wrote:It's a little strange to me that there's so much data in this game you can't get unless you read the right websites, and so much data that you can't get at all.

Wish they would just provide combat log capabilities.

It's like engine covers on new cars. :(
Era

Previous

Return to Other Games