Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Flex » Sat May 10, 2014 8:36 am

Worldie wrote:Out of curiosity, anyone fancyes linking me the "cooldown based" crusader build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Flex ... o/45468990

In big packs the shield's equip will cause my cooldowns to finish very quickly. I have an Ebril Charro I swap to on bosses for 100% Heavens Fury uptime.

I also have a gear set with near 60% cooldown reduction without that shield. Iron Maiden is usually Finery.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Tue May 13, 2014 9:42 am

Good patch for my Shield Throw Crusader.

New passives got me nearly 200K sheet damage increase. Finally having some good offensive passives makes the Crusader a more well rounded class.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2014 10:16 am

Wait wait I play the same build too... what's the "new passive"?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:29 am

Worldie wrote:Wait wait I play the same build too... what's the "new passive"?

Lord Commander: Now reduces the cooldown of Steed Charge by 25% and Bombardment by 35%
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2014 10:34 am

Don't think he's talking about that, he says he got a 200k char sheet increase and that passive doesnt increase anything...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:40 am

That's the only Crusader passive I see in the patch notes... unless he's referring to the damage increases to all the normal skills he uses.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:44 am

Looking at the patch number vs what those patch notes says... it might be they haven't updated the link...
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue May 13, 2014 11:12 am

Worldie wrote:Don't think he's talking about that, he says he got a 200k char sheet increase and that passive doesnt increase anything...

Finery is now a 1.5% Strength increase netting me an additional 500 strength.
Fervor is now flat 15% Attack Speed and Cooldown Reduction when using a 1H weapon.
Holy Cause is 10% more damage for all weapons now, not just Holy.
Towering Shield is not reflected on sheet damage, but is a 20% increase to Punish, Shield Bash and Blessed Shield.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1413834 ... -5-13-2014

To give some numbers: pre-patch Blessed Shield - Shattering Throw with my gear set up would crit for 6 to 7 million on elites and the bounces would be similar. Now they crit for about 11 million with the bounties doing half of what they did before since they went from 333% weapon damage to 170%.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 am

Some of these gameplay changes -- More shards! More Goblins! Guaranteed Legendary in the first hour!" -- seem counter productive because they don't address the root problem of lack of gear progression.

Now you can just hit the rubber wall faster.

The problem is the wall, not the speed at which you reach the gear plateau.

Also where are our fucking tools, Blizz? They obviously have numbers since there's so many spreadsheet tweaks. Why can't we have numbers?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue May 13, 2014 12:04 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:they don't address the root problem of lack of gear progression.

Isn't that what ARPGs are though? Reaching that one point where it will take dozens of hours to possibly get that upgrade? Spending those millions of gold to reroll from 90% crit damage to 100% crit damage?

And heck even if you get your complete class set it is possible that they are all shitty rolls where of course you need to get better ones to be more awesome.

I fail to see how any of that is an issue at all.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Oh the patch is not live in EU that's why I didn't know..

Wow I'm gonna get a stupidly good damage buff... nice.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Tyrael will now chat about his poor eating habits with less frequency

#1 concern I had with the game. Glad they fixed that!
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Flex wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:they don't address the root problem of lack of gear progression.

Isn't that what ARPGs are though? Reaching that one point where it will take dozens of hours to possibly get that upgrade? Spending those millions of gold to reroll from 90% crit damage to 100% crit damage?

And heck even if you get your complete class set it is possible that they are all shitty rolls where of course you need to get better ones to be more awesome.

I fail to see how any of that is an issue at all.

For some players it's not an issue. For others -- some who have posted in this thread, even -- it gets stupid and boring and discouraging. The majority of my friends get to the faceroll T4 then quit. Again. It's not really possible to farm non-cache oranges (you kill shit and see what you can get and maybe it'll be useful, or maybe not, but you don't have any real tools to properly evaluate it anyway).

I guess it's a question of whether you would rather have your game appeal to people who want to chase perfection, vs people who are okay with just getting something better with more frequency.

I would argue the problem with designing around a increased hours for smaller return is that you necessarily start chasing people out of your game when the time vs reward reaches a certain point. I don't see the point of designing for this, but as the more cynical have pointed out, it's not necessarily bad business to create a game that everyone buys, then stops playing after a while when there's no subscription fee involved.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue May 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Sounds like you just don't like the design of ARPGs then.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed May 14, 2014 1:13 am

Lol at the buffs... the patch is now live and I'm up by 300k char sheet dps, insane.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games