Remove Advertisements

Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Sagara » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:34 am

Which actually leads nicely into my new question: apart from not dying of boredom in a group, is there ANY reason to solo anything abover Torment 1?

Currently, my nightly solo plan is load a T1 game, complete the 2 Bonus Acts, smash the Keybearers and do one or two Rifts.
It's just when we have a guild Rift whoring night that we push for T3 or something.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Era » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:13 am

Well, increased drop rates? I'll quote myself in.

EDIT: My crusader has about 820k dps and 9m toughness and can handle T2 easily solo, T3 fine but a bit slower. I'm usually doing T2 for now, T3-4 with groups. I don't notice that big a difference between T2 and T3 in terms of legendary drops, but in T4 it felt really noticeable.

Era wrote:Image
Source.

Blizzard wrote:These new legendary crafting materials drop rates will be implemented in an upcoming patch we're planning on releasing soon :-)

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Sagara » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:34 am

Honestly, a 60% Health and 45% Damage bonus is not really compensated well enough by a 15-20% increased droprate.

A point could be made if one basically one or two-shotted elites on T1, but otherwise, why not simply stick to T1 and tear right throught it that much faster?

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:54 am

Essentially as I think someone stated before, it's related to what you look to earn.

If you are in for loots, you get more out of the bucket by killing more mobs faster, than killing less slower with a higher % of drop.
It's easier to get a 2% drop off 200 mobs, than to get a 5% off 100, simply cause due to the % being very low you want to have "more chances" rather than "less chances at little higher chance".

However, experience is tuned that you mostly gain it off the big masses of trash rather than elites, and since trash kill speed doesnt change significantly between Tx and Tx+1, if you are looking to grind paragon levels (or level up a char) you want to do the highest difficulty at which you can survive and clear at a decent pace, rather than steamroll a lot of trash that gives less exp.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:05 am

Which leads me to wonder why would anyone farm for xp? I just knock one paragon lvl a night now that I'm 110+ without really trying...

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:09 am

Some people are just obsessed with paragon farming.

Don't ask me why.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:33 am

Fill me in, never did get to 60 last year, and haven't touched my PC D3 fin a looong while - what doe sParagon levels do for you? epeen only?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:43 am

They actually boost your stats now (for all chars, not just one). And give a fancy portrait.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:27 am

Nooska wrote:Fill me in, never did get to 60 last year, and haven't touched my PC D3 fin a looong while - what doe sParagon levels do for you? epeen only?

There are four tabs, and each tab contains four stats.

Tab 1: Core (main stat*, vitality, movement speed, resource cap*)
Tab 2: Offense (attack speed, crit hit chance, crit damage, cooldown reduction)
Tab 3: Defense (life %, armour, all resist, life regen)
Tab 4: Utility (area damage, resource cost reduction, life on hit, gold find*)

*STR/DEX/INT
*Max mana, max wrath, max fury, etc.
*No magic find any more except on legacy items (items from previous patch).

Every level above the cap (60 vanilla, 70 RoS) you gain 1 paragon point. First paragon point you earn can only be spent in Tab 1. Second paragon point can only be spent in Tab 2. Third paragon point can only be spent in Tab 3. Fourth paragon point can only be spent in Tab 4.
Then it goes back round: Fifth paragon point can only be spent in Tab 1, and so on.

Each paragon stat has a cap of 50 points, meaning you cannot put more than 50 points in for example attack speed.

EDIT: Oh, and they are account wide. Your level 3 barbarian has exactly the same amount of paragon levels as your level 60 wizard or level 70 crusader. Earning a paragon level on one character means everyone gets +1 level. Putting it all in DPS stats does help a bit with leveling, but it's not big enough an increase to make you overpowered or anything (unlike sticking a high level red gem in a low level weapon).
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Flex » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:30 am

Main stat and Vitality do not have caps. So once you reach paragon 800 you are effectively done but can still progress.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Era » Fri May 02, 2014 2:21 am

The novelty of the new expansion and new class is starting to wear off, and it's starting to feel like a grindy rut again. :(
Era

Postby Worldie » Fri May 02, 2014 2:54 am

Well it is a grind game (much more like D2 now).
Not everyone does enjoy grind games. In the end it's like playing Skyrim or GTA after having finished the main storyline for example. Some people play them over and over and never get bored, some others get bored of it fast and never log again.

From my personal view, I like it to pass time at work. It's relaxing, time consuming, and I can pause it anytime a customer approaches, which is exactly what I need.
Very unlikely to play it at home though.

I have some friends who really enjoy the grindfest that D3 is, I just joined their clan and play with them or ask them for advices anytime I want to.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Fri May 02, 2014 3:51 am

Can imagine it'd be a great filler for downtime at work, yeah. I mostly play games at home in my free evenings, so the grind is starting to get to me. I think it's probably because of the min/maxing of running lower difficulty for speed > drop chance. More challenge tend to make things more interesting, in my opinion anyway, but I don't feel like ramping up the difficulty either. Kind of just lost my momentum,I guess.
Era

Postby Worldie » Fri May 02, 2014 5:00 am

Well, after you get a bit of good items, you get to a point where even minimal upgrades are rare, and you just farm either for the challenge (at higher torment) or to pass time :)

In the end D3 is a glorified single player, so you shouldnt really feel wrong if it bores you after a while :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Sat May 03, 2014 12:18 am

I'm just getting at that frustrating point where i literally faceroll T2 (even killing some elites in 10ish seconds) but I don't have enough damage for T3. Torment scaling is a little too brutal ._.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games