Remove Advertisements

Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:39 am

50% bonus XP weekend!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Era » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:42 am

Source.

Blizzard wrote:These new legendary crafting materials drop rates will be implemented in an upcoming patch we're planning on releasing soon :-)

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Last edited by Era on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:00 pm

Dem Crusaders is fun, yeah?

I was pretty much sold once I got the Legendary Odyn Son hammer to go with my Justice ability and Captain America shield ability... I felt like my own personal avenger. Now sitting at level 60 (a little slow, I know, but w/e) doing adventure mode to level/gear up.

***minor potential spoiler***

Also... the "end" of the Shen storyline... oh god the feels...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:50 pm

Yep, Shen's story was very tantalizing in the base game, but they really pushed the crescendo in the last Act. Same, I feel, for Kormac and Eyrena. Meanwhile, Lyndon's story just gotmore interesting...

Got a fuckton of upgrades on the barb, to the point I feel I can tackle most of Torment I. I've begun playing around with the enchanter and sweet mother of mercy that Crit level can go insanely high!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:18 am

My thoughts on the followers storylines

Expecially Eyrena and Lyndon's one let me think they already plan on another expansion.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:22 am

Skye1013 wrote:Dem Crusaders is fun, yeah?

Their AOE ability is amazing, especially if you get one of a select legendaries to help out. Their single target is a bit lacking but that is getting some buffs in 2.0.4 to increase the weapon damage percent of a few of their generators and spenders.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Anyone happen to know the maximum number of gem sockets possible? I'm just curious what the cap would be for the Crusader passive that gives str per gem used.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Chest can have 3
Pants can have 2
Ring, Amulet, Weapon and OH can have 1

Total: 10

There used to be some unique weapons that had a socket as one of their standard properties and could also roll an additional socket as one of their random properties (e.g. Manticore).

Shoulders, Gloves, Boots, Bracers and Belt cannot have sockets (unless ROS changed this, I haven't played it...). You used to be able to get Tasker and Theo gloves and Ice Climbers boots that had a socket, and maybe a few other uniques in these slots, but I think these were "nerfed" along with the 2 socket weapons.
Gab

Postby Sagara » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:50 pm

11 with Chest. If I'm not mistaken, that specific Passive is highly recommended.

I'm starting to feel the lull on my Barb - aside from Legendaries, there isn't much in the way of upgrades to be found, so farming is getting a bit terious. At least I'm finally willing and able to spend extra time leveling a WD.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:25 am

Well that's the "problem" of the game, unless you like it so much you want to be "as powerful as it possibly gets", you get to a point where even a minimal upgrade is very unlikely to drop, and thus farming only produces higher paragon levels.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:15 am

I worry that I'm being unnecessary stingy with my gold (when it comes to crafting the highest gems). Is there really anything to spend it on, other than crafting gems and reforging items? Bar the Hellfire recipes I guess, but already have those. Is there anything I should be saving my gold for? :/
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Sagara » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:41 am

That's pretty much it. Then again, the cost on enchanting goes insane waaaaaay too fast. I think I blew 4mil+ just getting into "good" gear.

Sagara

Postby Era » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:51 am

I keep saving legendaries that would be good if I luck out and reroll into the right stat... But since I'm keeping them, I don't get enough souls from salvaging to actually reroll them enough times... It's a frustrating circle of doom! :(
Era

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:23 pm

Sagara wrote:If I'm not mistaken, that specific Passive is highly recommended.

I might consider it if I go for a dps build over a thorns build... but I'll be damned if it isn't fun running around taking almost no damage and having things kill themselves by hitting me...

And now having viewed my profile, I'm amused at my 12345 thorns... XD
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:54 am

I'm surprised they didn't do the obvious for progression levels: have each torment level drop stuff with slightly higher itemization budget, and don't cap torment levels. Having the same loot drop in T6 as T2 just seems rather stupid.

If each T level dropped stuff with, say, +10 ilvl, at the xpac just crunch everything down to +1/level. Or more; whatever.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games