Remove Advertisements

Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Era » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:04 am

It's not only MF though. For example, higher Torment gives higher chance, but doesn't say by how much and doesn't seem like a flat percentage added to MF like in the old MP system.

EDIT: also, it says on the Torment setting (and ONLY on the torment setting) that new legendaries become available on level 70. New legendaries become available for 70s only in torment difficulty? So speed is important, but you don't want to go below T1?
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Sagara » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:02 am

I'm not sure myself, but I'm currently working on the same logic: Torment 1 is the absolute lowest.
Started dabbling in Adventure mode after Malthael coughed up a 3k Messerschmidt (*grumbles*) and holy sweet mother of hell the Nephalem Rift can kick your butt.

Got in a funny situation when the Guardian popped up. After a couple minutes he started summoning eels and bug clouds left and right to the point I was constantly WW'ing everything down to dust. Guessing I got the enrage timer to the face and just kept going without a care :-p

OF COURSE, a grand total of zero 1h-handed weapons were had. (*grumbles*)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:42 am

My understanding is that there's additional legendaries for Torment difficultyes. So you always want to farm in Torment, and that going from 1 to 6 torment is similar to the old MP system (except, it actually tells you the amount of MF / Exp bonus you gain)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:27 am

Speed>Difficulty for legendaries.
Difficulty>Speed for XP farming.

They hot fixed in increased monster drop rate and blood shards drop rate for legendaries in Torment level difficulties since they didn't like the "run everything on normal for fastest legendary rate" game play.

There are sets of legendaries that only drop in torment difficulties as well.

While many people see 2Hers as weak the issue is that they value sheet damage over actual damage way too much. Just about the only ability a Barbarian has that is better with dual wield is Whirlwind. 2Hers will deal a lot more damage with the other Fury spenders for the same fury cost and everything else is cool down based so a 2Her will give you significantly more damage with them than a 1Her will.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Era » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:55 am

Thank you for the answers!
Here's a post I found on the subject, which might be of interest (though Flex summed it up nicely):

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/21j281/efficiency_tips_for_farming_legendaries_in/
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:59 am

I was randomly stumbling in a similar question. Take my DH. Even though I have had recently 2 weapons with almost identical dps but one was a 1.1 1h and the other 1.6 2h, I was a bit confused by the different attack speed. Skills did same damage, but came out much faster with the 1h. Obviously, that also meant that I ran out of Hatred faster, and had to "recharge" more often.
Is it actually more dps to spend/generate your main resource faster? In the case it is, why would someone even consider using a 2h?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:15 am

Worldie wrote:
Is it actually more dps to spend/generate your main resource faster? In the case it is, why would someone even consider using a 2h?

Simple. If your build is built around cooldowns a 2Her will have bigger numbers than a 1Her since they are weapon damage based and 2Hers have a much higher weapon damage range. You had a special case since a 1H and 2H with similar DPS means a better rolled 1H vs a lower rolled 2H. The best 2Hers in the game reach about 3K DPS while 1Hers top around 2400 or so.

I'm playing a Crusader currently and they are a heavy cooldown class so the burst of a 2Her makes things explode in my cooldown window.

Seven Sided Strike is a good example for a monk. Earthquake and Avalanche for a Barbarian. I'm guessing Rain of Vengeance for Demon Hunters would be one skill.

Plus some of the 2H melee weapons have insane prods. Maximus that summons a fire chained demon outputs insane damage to anything caught in the chains and the sword that always throws a weapon when you attack. Those don't show up in sheet damage but do amazing damage on their own.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:08 am

Well my build is around kiting.
Not sure which I should prefer given similar damage. (the 1h I got is still waiting for a socket reroll, i keep getting vitality or bleed shizzle, it's at 2500 dps already with same dex as the 2h im using)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worl ... o/22236611

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 am

Anyone gotten any legendaries from Blood Shards yet? So far only yellows and blues here. Not even a bad legendary. Only lots and lots of woodchipper food.
Era

Postby Flex » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:31 am

Era wrote:Anyone gotten any legendaries from Blood Shards yet? So far only yellows and blues here. Not even a bad legendary. Only lots and lots of woodchipper food.

I've gotten a Tyreal's Might with a max roll bonus damage to demons and 4 legendary shields, but not the one I want.
Flex

Postby Era » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:55 am

On a new level 70 character that cannot yet handle Torment 1 efficiently, completely in terms of getting more gear, is there any point in doing Hard, Expert or Master? I've just been racing through Adventure Mode bounties on Normal, but it feels way too easy - yet T1 is still too slow.
Era

Postby Kai » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:57 am

expert is somewhat useless. the scaling is just bad, mobs get more health then the additional experience bonus is worth. master is ok again I think.
Kai

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:17 am

On all my current 3 lvl 70s, when I had just dinged and thus low thoughness and not-so-high dps, I went with Master. Has a decent speed clear, still feels challenging when you run around with 100-200k dps and less than 300k HP.

I'd not set foot in Torment I before 500k+ DPS, unless you really look for a hard challenge and not for clear speed.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:02 am

But my question, do the OTHER difficulties (Normal, Hard, Expert, Master) offer different item drop chances? Because as far as I can tell, you have the same chance to get legendaries on Normal as on Master, which means purely for gearing up on the way to do Torment, doing anything else than Normal is a waste of time.
Era

Postby Flex » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:38 am

Era wrote:But my question, do the OTHER difficulties (Normal, Hard, Expert, Master) offer different item drop chances? Because as far as I can tell, you have the same chance to get legendaries on Normal as on Master, which means purely for gearing up on the way to do Torment, doing anything else than Normal is a waste of time.

Correct. For pure gearing Normal through Master are the same. To gear up quickly speed bounties on Normal. If you want challenge do it on harder difficulties, but I'd probably save challenge for Torment.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games