Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Schroom » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:35 am

so after 2 chilled out evenings where I explored everything while leveling and enjoying the story I finished killing Malthael yesterday.

@ 60 I started at Torment 4 as I was farming Torment 5 in the old Pre-patch.

every time I dinged I had to reduce difficulty ^^ the scaling wasn't even funny xD

finally I finished on Master.

great story tho. I love it a lot. the tons of events is amazing.

can't wait to start adventure mode and my crusader tomorrow.

btw here is my barb http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/schroom-2977/hero/35793292 never mind the built. I used it only on Malthael. (one try to see mechanics, change built, kill first try with this built :P )
Schroom

Postby Kai » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:49 am

its good that the bosses are finally not pushovers. did malthael the first time leveling on 62 or so as I started on 55 when exp was released. felt reasonably easy. then I did her again in a bounty yesterday on 70 and almost died with 3.5m toughness.

not sure how blizzard got me to pay the price of pretty much a complete new game for that one act and the bounty system though ...
Kai

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:37 am

I found lvl 65+ bosses in general much much harder than pre65. Expecially act V bosses (but not only them) have METRIC CRAPTONS of hp, making the fight difficult as there's enrage timers and you can't just "outlast" them
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Schroom » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:31 am

well there are players with > 1 mio DPS unbuffed already if you check Diabloprogress ^^
Schroom

Postby Kai » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:45 am

I wish there was some sort of damage breakdown/meter by skill though. like, what does that DPS tooltip mean for me as a monk? my build's main dps is lashing tail kick with the fire rune. charge into a group of mobs, pull them in, use that twice, stuff dies. obviously that has nothing to do with my auto attack dmg values as the tail kick crits for 1.5m or so.
now I found an amulet that would boost my tooltip dps by 15.5%. but the one I currenlty use has +19% fire dmg done. both lashing tail kick and mantra of retribution (which I assume are 80% of my dmg output and ALL of my burst dmg) are fire dmg. pretty tough to compare that stuff without knowing how much dmg you actually deal with what ability.
Kai

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:41 am

What about a tiny bit of math? :P

Current dmg -19% (fire dmg bonus) + 15% (flat dps boost from new item) = new dmg, so you will lose out 4% dmg on fire dmg skills but gain 15% on everything else.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kai » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:26 pm

not very meaningful if I don't know how much damage each of my abilities do percentage-wise, is it? especially for the dmg-throw-back-mantra there's no numbers out there at all.
Kai

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:15 pm

There is also the "how" of it increasing your damage. Like if current neck lacks crit a crit neck may give you a lot of damage but wont actually result in hitting harder when not critting.

In general elemental damage us the best stat for damage increases. Skill increases are also really good.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Era » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Sure would be nice with some World of Logs-esque information for this game.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Shamora » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Kai wrote:not very meaningful if I don't know how much damage each of my abilities do percentage-wise, is it? especially for the dmg-throw-back-mantra there's no numbers out there at all.

You can see the percent of each ability if you enable Advanced Tooltips in the options. Options > Gameplay > Interface

Also as far as I understand it the listed DPS number is the average amount of damage you do at 100%, basically auto attack. So if an ability does 500% weapon damage then it will do 5x the listed damage on average per second. However I don't think that is completely correct for non activated abilities like the reflective mantra since I don't believe weapon speed has any effect on how often it would do damage and the DPS number does take weapon speed into effect
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Barthilas, Horde - <Tribo>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 100 Combat/Subtlety Rogue
Shamora

Postby Sagara » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Welp, I guess I've finally fallen from the WW grace down to the HotA level.
Gotta admit that numbers 5 to 7 times bigger is just too fun to pass up.

Just ask my wife who got the Legendary sword with "Slain enemies rest in pieces" what she thinks about it...
Multiple 83mil crit. That's what.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Schroom » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:37 am

Sagara wrote:Multiple 83mil crit. That's what.

I gave that to my Templar ^^ was pretty funny seeing him crit like this sometimes.
Schroom

Postby Schroom » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:37 am

Sagara wrote:Multiple 83mil crit. That's what.

I gave that to my Templar ^^ was pretty funny seeing him crit like this sometimes.
Schroom

Postby Era » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:13 am

Pre-2.0 the way to farm legendaries was high speed > high difficulty. Is this still the case? Can't seem to find any confirmed specifics on exactly how magic find and drop rates work now.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:35 am

That's cause nothing changed. Magic find works exactly same as before. Just you don't get the free +75% mf from the old valor buff.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games