Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:27 am

This is my Barb build

I have Magefist gloves with 17% Fire Skill increase and bracers with 12% fire skill increase, shoulders with 14% Overpower increase, and a Stone of Jordan with a 25% increase against elites. So against elite packs my Overpower and Furious Charge crit for well north of a three million and hover around the 4 million mark.

Another option is going with a cold build. I ran that with bracers and an amulet with bonus to cold skills before getting the Magefist.

Does anyone know if the paragon experience per level is a flat value or a curve? I keep meaning to look the experience required before and after gaining a level but haven't managed to do so yet.

Pretty sure it is a curve, there was a patch note about how Paragon levels after 500 were made steeper.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:00 am

Caught a lucky break with a trifecta neck and a new pair of weapons. This loadout is my boss mode, I'm still keeping Threatening Shout for trash.

I still hit a couple problems on Torment II Belial, until I realized I was being too defensive and kept hitting the enrage. Kept the same boss loadout, went all-out and taking more risks, and it went like a charm.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:22 am

Holy crap that Sun Keeper is nice. I'm assuming the 30% is the max roll on it?

I finished up last night at Paragon 199, goal was Paragon 200 before RoS so I'll make that. I've also gotten 3 pieces of the Immortal King set. I really want semi-permanent Call of the Ancients.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Flex wrote:Holy crap that Sun Keeper is nice. I'm assuming the 30% is the max roll on it?

Huh. Just checked, it actually is the max. Fun thing is, I only kept it because of that stat, it felt fairly lackluster otherwise, so I nearly skipped it... Dumb me :oops:

Which reminds me I still have a legacy Echoing Fury (0.25 extra attacks, 9%ASp, 1,1k dps) that might actually out-perform the Bonesaber.

Meanwhile, all I'm aiming for is clear Torment 2 before RoS :lol:

Quick, late EDIT: Welp, Torment 2 is clear, and I'm seriously considering dropping the rage builder for one of the big-ass CDs (prob the Freeze Earthquake).

Tonight's showtime, ladies!

Sagara

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:02 am

Managed to snag 4 piece Immortal King set, it is pretty much game breaking.

You still need to dedicate a slot to Call of the Ancients but with the rune that has them generate 3 fury for you when they attack you swim in the stuff. Ended up going back to a Boulder Toss build with Furious Charge - Stamina and Overpower with the rune to generate fury for each person hit. A 202 Fury Boulder Toss crits for about 16 million on elites for me.
Flex

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:37 pm

Reaper of Souls impressions

- Act 5 story, need to do it when not on a skype call with someone so I actually have audio and can pay attention to it.
- Crusader. Lots of fun. Leveled solely via Adventure Mode with her so far. Fighting style is very unique and not just another melee class.
- Adventure Mode. I dig the bounties system, goal oriented farming is nice. I got trolled with a "Clear the Crypt of the Ancients" bounty though. I'm not sold on Rifts as a thing, sure they ahve good rewards but they feel lacking in something.
- Also both Adventure Mode and Rifts have a much darker color than normal, it bothers me because I like the artwork in D3 and want to see it.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Really a fan of adventure and rift :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:26 am

I want to keep progressing through Act 5 on my barb, but since I'm playing him with my wife's wizz, we can barely log an hour a day.

Well, at least my wizzie is blasting through vanilla content, and should probably be at Act 5 somewhere this weekend...

Sagara

Postby Era » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:42 am

I noticed a loading screen tip saying Barbarians and Monks take 30% less damage than Crusaders, Wizards, WDs and DHs. Haven't read much around this expac, any reason Crusader doesn't get the same benefit as the other melees? It specifically listed Crusader among those who didn't, else I'd be tempted to think it was just an oversight.

EDIT: As far as I can tell from Googling around, the reason they don't get the same reduction is that the class already has so many defensive skills/passives. Haven't been able to find any blue confirmation, but I guess that's plausible.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:54 am

My computer loads diablo so fast I can't read the tips :( /fwp

I played through Act V last night. Not sure I'm going to bother playing any more. Adventure mode is fun, I've heard? I've heard people raving that RoS "fixes" D3 the way LoD made D2 awesomesauce, but it seems to boil down to Loot 2.0, with greens and browns everywhere (in the one playthrough I found 3 greens and 4 browns).

Is there much more than the gussied up Skinner box? The gameplay doesn't seem much changed from kite-kite-kite-kite-kite-go back and pick up things you killed offscreen. (I play a DH; just found the other classes boring. Haven't tried Crusader yet, to be fair).

I was literally falling asleep while shooting down hallways. I don't take this as being a stunning endorsement, personally.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:03 am

If you're kiting as a rule your damage is too low for the difficulty you're playing.

As far as I can tell from Googling around, the reason they don't get the same reduction is that the class already has so many defensive skills/passives.

The vast majority of the crusader's kit is built around using a shield, a good shield will add 30%ish toughness.
Flex

Postby Era » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Costs me about 1 million gold in just gem combining to reforge some of my items. :(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:09 pm

I do agree the cost of combining new gems is excessive.
Atm it'd cost me 1 million just to combine the gems to craft a necklace.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Thorns are so broken right now. They scale with your main stat now so what you see listed isn't what they hit for. Crusaders have a rune for Iron Skin that increases Thorns damage by 200% during Iron Skin. You can take down an elite group that uses poison or desecrate in a blink of an eye.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Flex wrote:Thorns are so broken right now. They scale with your main stat now so what you see listed isn't what they hit for. Crusaders have a rune for Iron Skin that increases Thorns damage by 200% during Iron Skin. You can take down an elite group that uses poison or desecrate in a blink of an eye.

I needed somthing to motivate me to try the Crusie, thanks :)

Meanwhile, I just hit a freaking wall on the way to Uzrael, either my defenses crashed as I levelled, or the damage on mobs scaled to a fuckton and a half. Got a "mere" nightmarish/poison enchant/Frozen Orb Ghastly Seraph that handed my ass to me like there's no tomorrow. His poison trail damage was stupid huge.

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games