Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Era » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Shamora wrote:They have started an XP event in Diablo 3 until Reaper of Souls launches. An extra 50% XP that is multiplicative, not cumulative. So if you normally get +200% XP from difficulty/items, you would get +300% instead during this event. So time to get to levelin those alts or workin on some paragon levels!

That's nice to know, thanks!
...maybe it's time to get the rest of those "level two of class ___ to 60" achievements. :roll:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:19 am

I'm trying to come up with a working barbarian WW build.

What I obtained:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/b ... Yeh!aYbbbZ

Made me resistant enough to do T4 with friends and tank shit until my friends kill it, but when I'm alone even on T2 mobs just don't die :\
I wonder if I should change something in the build, or just my DPS (100k or so) is still too bad for more than T1/2.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:30 am

The lightning build I made was able to handle T3 but T4 was pushing it (at least for a comfortable laid back play style). I'll link it up when I get home, in case anyone's interested.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:59 am

I'd do something like this for a WW build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/b ... geh!aYcYbZ

Toughness for Superstition is also a good change, if you can survive swapping that out for Boon of Bul-Kaithos is suggested.

Earthquake with Chilling Earth is an amazing CC. Champions and Elite packs, provided you didn't leap stun them first, will be CCed for about 6 of the 8 seconds of the Earthquake while trash will be CCed the entire duration. Granted I have a Cold Skills Stone of Jordan that makes it super effective.

I got super lucky last night as we had 4 runs through the Infernal Machine ubers. Managed to craft 3 rings to round out the Str, Int, Dex characters and have a few Str ones to use on my Templer follower.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:28 pm

After a bit of testing and changing, here's what works for me:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worl ... o/16160038

Allows me to easily farm T3, and with a bit of effort I can survive elites on T4 (though, DPS still a tad low so takes a bit too much to kill them if I'm alone)

I prefer the defense from Ignore Pain to a damage cooldown. Mostly because often you run into ranged mobs that kite you away, thus Earthquake is useless, and after the nerf WotB feels more or less useless to me.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Worldie wrote:After a bit of testing and changing, here's what works for me:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worl ... o/16160038

Allows me to easily farm T3, and with a bit of effort I can survive elites on T4 (though, DPS still a tad low so takes a bit too much to kill them if I'm alone)

I prefer the defense from Ignore Pain to a damage cooldown. Mostly because often you run into ranged mobs that kite you away, thus Earthquake is useless, and after the nerf WotB feels more or less useless to me.

Chilling Earth is an actual freeze now, not a snare. Enemies in the zone or that enter it will become frozen so you can destroy them. Get some cold skills increasing gear and you can get it up to a 30% damage increase at least. Leap stun allows you to get those kiters, can also use the pull in rune as well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Flex ... ro/1233895

I switch between Whirlwind and War Cry. The gear is not what it should be, weird. I have bracers that increase Cold Skills by 15%, so against elites/champs my Earthquake ends up doing about 168% damage and my Hammer of the Ancients is almost 200% damage increase.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:16 am

Did anyone notice how broken the "aoe dmg" from the 4th paragon tab is?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:50 am

Just tried out that Earthquake rune

It's hilariously op!

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ruldar » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 am

Picked this up again over the weekend, and the loot changes really are as good as everyone is saying. I didn't ever play much aside from my original play through, but on Sunday I went from a lvl 40 wizard who had seen zero useful legendary drops ever to a lvl 50 with two equipped and two others now in the stash, both of which got some decent use before being replaced.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:44 pm

My turn to give this a spin (pun intended)

I started over with the Barb, Torment 2, and I already went from paragon 12 to 25, and got 4 legendaries as I now prepare to get the second sword shard in act I. That's more than I could claim in my Barb's entire life :cry:

For all the naysayer, Whirlwind is indeed quite as fun as it was. Not absolutely OP, but strong enough to not feel like a clutz.

Anyway, this looks VERY good. Looking forward to get swamped in Act 3 XD
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:13 pm

WW is powerful, and not endless unless you skill it to gain Fury. I didn't like the brainlessness of it before.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:58 pm

My only trouble is dealing with

A) Big-ass Elites that like to run the fuck away because I tend to be swamped in shit on the floor. Seriouslly, Frozen Enchant/Poison Enchant/Orbiter/xx ranged elites/bosses can go DIAF.
B) Bandits that I can hardly bring to 50% before the port out.

I'm running something along those lines, switching between WotB and Threatening Shout+ Demoralize for Event Bosses/Bandits >< Trash/Elites (and force those pesky long rangers to get over here and DIE). But even like that I can't muster the sheer power to down bandits.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:27 am

Tried the stomp with the rune that makes you pull everything within 24 yd and stun them? I find it very useful.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ruldar » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:57 am

Got the Wizard to 60 and 13 or so paragon levels, it levels pretty quickly at least at the start. Cash seems to flow pretty nicely too at Torment I and the difficulty itself hasn't been too much of a problem with my current arcane build. Aside from the occasional elite pack, that is.

Does anyone know if the paragon experience per level is a flat value or a curve? I keep meaning to look the experience required before and after gaining a level but haven't managed to do so yet.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 am

Worldie wrote:Tried the stomp with the rune that makes you pull everything within 24 yd and stun them? I find it very useful.

I actually like the Shout with taunt more, as it combines dragging the enemies to you (and note that rangers WILL run to melee you), but also a nice -20% damage effect that can stay 100% up.
Besides my problems are more offensive in nature.

The other skill I could skip would be Battle Rage, but is there something more worth it? I don't see myself dropping either the Fury generator or Rend...

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games