Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Nooska » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:23 am

Any idea what the price is in £?
That could be a savings thing I imagine.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:56 am

You'd need to buy a phisical copy from the US, but considering you'd have to pay the shipment, I don't think you'd end up saving much
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:45 am

I think they give all Europe prices in EUR, regardless of whether you're in a country that uses euros or not.

Also, the physical copy is usually priced correctly here as well. But I wanted the digital pre-order so I could get fancy aesthetic bonus items. :P
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby lythac » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:22 am

Era wrote:I think they give all Europe prices in EUR, regardless of whether you're in a country that uses euros or not.

When I go to Battle.net it gives me the price of £32.99 (which is €40/$55).
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Era » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:45 am

Same increased price in £ then. Frustrating!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:28 am

There have been tons of sales and discounts on RoS pre-orders, even a few shady sites that sell CD keys from physical copies which you may be able to get a better deal on.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:01 am

Well can't wait for tomorrow, at least I'll have something to do at work :lol:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Ancient Spear - Boulder is silly. I got a 9 million crit with it last night.

Our small clan had 11 legendaries drop in a few hours of playing last night.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:26 pm

I've spent a hour or so playing with Fetzie and with another friend later.
We got DEMOLISHED in Torment 4. Even though we both were running 150k+ dps and 50k+ HP. The keymaster from act1 literally 1shot me with anything, fireball or standard attack.

I also noticed a ton higher crits (had some spam of 1kk crits with aoe abilities) but the HP of mobs also scale exponentially.

Torment 3 feels more or less on the same line of Inferno MP 7 to me: similar HP, similar damage.

I suspect everything from Torment 4 onwards is tuned either for lvl 70, or for insanely high Paragon levels.

In that hour we dropped I believe about 6 legendaries. I noticed that the quantity of loots has dramatically decreased, while the quality has increased significantly.

Overall I'm liking the system for now. Craftables also have received big buffs to their stats (shoulders for example received a good +100 to both min and max of the main stat) and the new division in 2 stat categories greatly increases the average item qualityes (no more reflect + loot distance + globe health + hp regen rares)

Something funny I noticed, you now need some items obtained by sharding white items for all crafts (in small quantities, very easy to acquire), but I had a damn hard time getting white items dropping in Torment! (and ofc, you can't shard items from vendors)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Halls of Agony for all of your white item needs. They made vendor items non-salvagable because people would have a level 1 mule buy from a vendor for a couple of gold to salvage them.
Flex

Postby Era » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:51 am

Loving the changes to Wizard in terms of making the four elements more prominent. Made myself a full on Lightning Wizard, which while not super effective, at least great fun! :lol:
Era

Postby Flex » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am

Era wrote:Loving the changes to Wizard in terms of making the four elements more prominent. Made myself a full on Lightning Wizard, which while not super effective, at least great fun! :lol:

I love that the new 4 piece set bonus for Wizards is that every time you use an elemental spell you cast a meteor of that element with an 8 second cooldown. So you can be a meteor spamming fool with a mix elemental build.

FYI: Skeleton King is bugged and treats your first kill on a 60 as if it was your first kill period, so free legendary. Got shoulders on my Barb that makes all of my gear indestructible, woo no repair bills.
Flex

Postby Heil » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:24 pm

Has anyone created a Maintankadin guild or whatever? Because that would be funsies :twisted:
Name's Panda, G. D. Panda.
Heil

Postby Flex » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:16 am

Got a Stone of Jordan with 25% damage to elites, max is 30%, and 17% increase in Cold Skills damage, max 20%, combined with Earthquake and the Freeze rune elite packs melt.
Flex

Postby Shamora » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:54 pm

They have started an XP event in Diablo 3 until Reaper of Souls launches. An extra 50% XP that is multiplicative, not cumulative. So if you normally get +200% XP from difficulty/items, you would get +300% instead during this event. So time to get to levelin those alts or workin on some paragon levels!
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games