Remove Advertisements

Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Aubade » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Also; I'm at a point where I need 2 pages of some sort to get the next blacksmith upgrade? I'm level 24 and literally 5 minutes ago just defeated belial therefore ending act 2. How soon will I get these?

And how much of a difference does the difficulty make? Not the normal/hell/nightmare/inferno, but the easy/medium/hard/master1-4?
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:11 am

Heh, wasn't planning on asking for insight, but, guys, it's really welcome. Thanks!

Aub', if memory serves, the pages won't come until late normal/early Nightmare. Don't sweat it overmuch - the available crafted items have an level limit, so you won't be needing them until they start dropping.

Skill-wise, I'd say not to sweat it much and test and enjoy. It's not until late Hell/early Inferno that things start heating up (heh). Passive-wise, go for DAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE - you'll probably be fine.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:20 am

I can give you a imaginary difficulty rating for the various modes.

Normal: 1/10. Imagine it as a learning mode, where you can mess up and even stand in shit and still not die.
Nightmare: 2/10. About as easy as normal, but stuff does start to hurt so standing in bad stuff for more than a few seconds will eventually kill you.
Hell: 4/10. Now stuff does hurt, and elites start to have dangerous ability compositions, will require some tactical approach often rather than just jump in and aoe.
Inferno MP0-3: 6/10. First glance at the "real" game, still doable even in non-awesome gear. You actually must react to elite's abilities and certain errors will result in an almost istant death.
Inferno MP4-7: 8/10. Stuff gets hard. You don't 1shot mobs anymore unless your gear is very high quality, elites have a ton of HP and you must survive their abilities for several minutes sometimes. Certain elites will result in several deaths before you can kill them due to deadly combos like stuns/roots + ground aoes. You might want to have that "out of jail" passive if you are just approaching this as it will save you countless times.
Inferno MP8+: 19/10. My opinion? Not worth doing. Damage is almost identical to MP7 but the HP scale exponentially. Iirc MP10 mobs have almost 4x the HP of MP7, and for a minimal increase in droprates, you are probably better off just farming MP7 if your gear is this good. Only a handful classes/ability sets can reliably farm MP10 (mainly WW barbs and tornado wizards), but as I said, only really do this if you are farming keys/organs as for Paragon or just gold farming Mp7 is way faster.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:35 pm

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Aubade » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:42 pm

MP?

I was referring to the Option that's literally in pause menu -> Options -> Difficulty. It says normal/medium/hard/Master 1/Master 2/Master 3/Master 4/Master 5.

I don't think they're related to normal/hell/nightmare/inferno outside of the sole fact that both options scale on difficulty.
Aubade

Postby Flex » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:40 pm

normal/medium/hard changes monster difficulty without changing gold or magic find, say you're leveling to 60 but things are too easy you'd just increase the difficulty.
Master level increases monster health and damage more but grants you increased MF/GF and XP starting at 60%/60%/120% up to 100%/100%/200%

So say you can clear Inferno hard easily with your gear you would switch to Inferno Master I for the bonuses and work your way up.

This, or a similar, difficulty system is being ported over to the PC version with RoS.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:45 am

Gawd why did they make the PS version so different from the PC one :|
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:25 am

Ack, these newfangled entertainment devices and their confound machinations!
Set it all to the max, thump your chest and give 'em all a jolly good trashing!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Aubade » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:00 pm

Worldie wrote:Gawd why did they make the PS version so different from the PC one :|

To be honest I don't think they did, I think they just gave the Console versions the changes that are being made for RoS. So really it's just an updated version that you guys will get updated to when you get RoS.
Aubade

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:31 pm

It is like a tweener patch.

Some loot changes but not all, legendaries are still level drop restricted as far as I know. Some difficulty changes, but not all.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:29 pm

So... all I ever see talked about in here are WW barbs... does nobody play a DH/WD at MP levels?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:48 am

Mostly played Wizard here. I did level a WW barb, but didn't quite get into it - and I never much cared for the DH.
More recently, though, I brought a Witch Doctor up and through Inferno, but I haven't looked into builds and stuff yet. Had any success?

There's also the problem with alts and Paragon levels. Kind of feels like I should stick to my main...
Era

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:26 am

Skye1013 wrote:So... all I ever see talked about in here are WW barbs... does nobody play a DH/WD at MP levels?

WD is my "main" char atm, possibly the one I have most fun about. I also hate bats with passion.
Also my DH can handle mp7 easily (even mp10 but far too slow to be profitable)

Anything you want to know? ^^

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worl ... o/22236611 <- DH
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worl ... /hero/6119 <- WD

Note that the spec on my WD is purely homemade :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:07 am

I love my Wizard, but I'll admit playing WD for a little while was a welcome break.
What kind of MPs are you doing with your WD there?
Era

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:21 am

Depends.

Playing for Relax: 5
Farming stuff: 7
Farming Organs with friends: 8

Not really bothering with over 8, stuff has WAAAAAY too many hp, i'd probably do 2x mp7 runs in the time i do a mp9 one.

My Wizard can as well handle mp7 but is far too squishy for my likings at the moment.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games