Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Is that your progression set? Very low health from where you should be. Silly page is in Italian and Chrome's auto-translate breaks the page. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Flex ... ro/1233895 is my Barb, currently in GF gear for Act 1 farming.

Good thing is with the weapon damage range tuning you should see a lot more high DPS weapons become available in the coming days/weeks which should help kill their huge asking price.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Gab » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Your AR and health are still a bit low but not by too much considering the 15% damage nerf.

Nothing sticks out as your worst piece, for the most part they are all equally mediocre. Try grabbing a helm with a socket and gem it with the biggest Amethyst you can afford. You might want to think about pieces that don't have strength if you can get really high Vit/AR plus armor and/or health% instead. Obviously Str/Vit/AR/X are the most desirable but that also means they carry a much higher price tag than stuff without strength. As Flex said weapon prices should see a significant drop in the near future so you could make up some of the lost DPS there.

And your spec. No Revenge? I haven't played since the WW buff but it can't be better than having Revenge?
Gab

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:00 pm

One of the key points of the Whirlwind buils was crit rate+LoH+overpower with crushing advance. They removed reflected damage from crushing advance proccing LoH so it lost a lot of the survival.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Haven't been really paying attention to D3 lately... wtf are Paragon levels?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:47 am

Skye1013 wrote:Haven't been really paying attention to D3 lately... wtf are Paragon levels?

Level 60 characters can now gain XP in Inferno, and each stack of Nephalem Valor now gives +15% XP in addition to other benefits. That XP goes towards new "Paragon levels". Each Paragon level gives a slight boost to Str/Dex/Int/Vit, as well as 3% bonus to Magic Find and Gold Find.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby djlar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:38 am

You only have to be level 60, not do Inferno, althoug inferno mobs give more XP and better chance of dropping better items..

You can go grind Hell act 3 at 60, get 5NVs and XP, yes, it's gonna take longer to get one paragon level and no chance of i63s dropping..

Last night I did full Act 3 inferno, dinged a couple of levels, still nothing good dropped.
djlar

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 am

Gab wrote:Your AR and health are still a bit low but not by too much considering the 15% damage nerf.

Nothing sticks out as your worst piece, for the most part they are all equally mediocre. Try grabbing a helm with a socket and gem it with the biggest Amethyst you can afford. You might want to think about pieces that don't have strength if you can get really high Vit/AR plus armor and/or health% instead. Obviously Str/Vit/AR/X are the most desirable but that also means they carry a much higher price tag than stuff without strength. As Flex said weapon prices should see a significant drop in the near future so you could make up some of the lost DPS there.

And your spec. No Revenge? I haven't played since the WW buff but it can't be better than having Revenge?

I found revenge being quite lacksluter so far... mainly cause i just go from full to dead in a couple seconds, can't really hit it.
I mean how much phisical resist and armor am i supposed to have to not have a act 3 white mob hit me for 1/3 of my HP?

p.s. to change from italian to english just change "it" with "en" in the address of the page :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:26 am

Worldie wrote:I mean how much phisical resist and armor am i supposed to have to not have a act 3 white mob hit me for 1/3 of my HP?

My progression set has about 1K all resist with shout and over 11K Armor and over 40K health if you really want to know.
Flex

Postby Gab » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:30 am

Worldie wrote:I found revenge being quite lacksluter so far... mainly cause i just go from full to dead in a couple seconds, can't really hit it.
I mean how much phisical resist and armor am i supposed to have to not have a act 3 white mob hit me for 1/3 of my HP?

Really not sure tbh. A bit has changed since I played my Barb (who only made it to Ghom) one of those things is that I sold all my gear...

I used a sword and board which definitely cuts down on the melee damage both through block and armor. Revenge was my bread and butter although I had a lot more health (~40-45k iirc) which gave Revenge heals more umph. Killing things took forever though and champ packs were impossible without WotB...

With mobs doing -15% damage I would imagine Revenge would be exponentially better than it was before 1.04.

I kind of want to pick the Barb back up with the new changes. Kind of sad that I sold all my gear, except for the Wizards MF gear, and gold. Although I was able to pay for MoP digital CE and a bunch of faction transfers so I guess it was worth it.
Gab

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:42 am

Gab wrote:I kind of want to pick the Barb back up with the new changes.

It is a lot more fun because you're not so reliant on "just" Frenzy any more. Hammer of the Ancient really packs a punch now, the damage increase makes the utility trade off for Seismic Slam less hurtful overall and Rend is a straight up monster now, 14K ticks with my pre-1.04 2 hander. Plus they have the best combat physics in the game.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 am

Flex wrote:
Worldie wrote:I mean how much phisical resist and armor am i supposed to have to not have a act 3 white mob hit me for 1/3 of my HP?

My progression set has about 1K all resist with shout and over 11K Armor and over 40K health if you really want to know.

I wouldnt really know how to get 1k all resist. With the buff I'm about 700. I suppose I can use my shield which bumps me to 11k armor, but even with that I again got raped by the first white pack. Would changing all my Fire resist gear to Phisical resist gear help?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:04 pm

All Resist > any form of elemental resist.

Do a search in the AH for Str/Vit/All Resistance with a buyout of like 50,000 there a lot of gear out there and sometimes you can find great surprise deals at odd price points.

Another alternative is to get a GF/MF set and farm the hell out of Acts 1 and 2. In my GF set I can pull in 400 to 500K from gold only in a partial Act 1 clear.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:13 pm

All my gear is Phis/Fire resist + all resist. I thought FR is nice to have cause else fire chain and fiery mobs are a pain, but I guess I aint going anywhere if i get 3shot by melee attacks.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby aureon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 pm

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/m ... VgT!caccba
With proper (read: a Skorn and accessories) gear, it does over 5 million damage with SSS.
Not usable in single, but with some gear-switching into 10 spirit regen:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/m ... ZdU!ZaYcba
aureon

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 am

Finally knocked out Inferno on my Barb in a 4 person group.
Got the inferno pony staff made.
Did the opening quest chain to kill the Wretched Mother on my Witch Doctor and got a necklace that sold for 1.5 million, probably under sold it by a bunch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games