Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Turns out I substituted the 65% damage reduction skill with Revenge, made a huge change O.o

This is my skill setup right now, now blasting through packs that were raping me before. (I suppose spending 100k gold in stamina/str/phis resist gear helped a bit as well).

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Have you looked on AH for a -lvl req weapon? will do loads of differance.
I really didnt find shout worth much at all at lower levels.
When leveling the general strat should be kill it before they kill you, not trying to outlast it.

Earthquake and wrath are very powerfull, and when I leveled my barb I ended up rotating them so that I used one each elite pack (as I met one pack more ofthen than every 2 min)
Once I reached hell I almost had to use both on each pack, or atleast that saved time as eartquake coupled with wrath just completely destroys any elite pack.

I really never found WW to be worth much at all for me, it just really was pretty useless.

Oh, and charge with reduced CD for each mob it hits is brilliant, hit 5mobs and its off CD again, and since all mobs are stunned after getting hit by charge, you can just chain charge through a big pack of mobs untill they are all dead.
Treck

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:51 am

Treck wrote:Have you looked on AH for a -lvl req weapon? will do loads of differance.

This.

Since lvl 35ish I've been using them on my Monk, and stuff just melts. Currently she has a 730 dps weapon with 720ish LoH.. which she got at level 47. Works wonders.

Also get a cheap high dps -lvl weapon for your follower.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:08 pm

What sort of prices do you pay for your -lvl req items? Maybe I'm just too thrifty...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Skye1013 wrote:What sort of prices do you pay for your -lvl req items? Maybe I'm just too thrifty.

They can be decently priced, because they don't show up unless you search for them explicitly (the level range on AH search doesn't take it into account).

halabar wrote:Currently she has a 730 dps weapon with 720ish LoH.. which she got at level 47. Works wonders.

Is that on a 1-hander? If so, that's a sweet piece. It'll easily see you through to the end of Act 1 inferno, and probably into Act 2. I've been running a 700 dps 1-hander with about 350 LoH + socket (so ~650 total) and got through to Belial. Couldn't kill him due to enrage timer, so I just bought a 780 dps + crit damage + socket for about a 3k char-sheet dps boost.
rodos

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:52 pm

rodos wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:What sort of prices do you pay for your -lvl req items? Maybe I'm just too thrifty.

They can be decently priced, because they don't show up unless you search for them explicitly (the level range on AH search doesn't take it into account).

halabar wrote:Currently she has a 730 dps weapon with 720ish LoH.. which she got at level 47. Works wonders.

Is that on a 1-hander? If so, that's a sweet piece. It'll easily see you through to the end of Act 1 inferno, and probably into Act 2. I've been running a 700 dps 1-hander with about 350 LoH + socket (so ~650 total) and got through to Belial. Couldn't kill him due to enrage timer, so I just bought a 780 dps + crit damage + socket for about a 3k char-sheet dps boost.

Yep, Fist Weapon.

732 dps, +13 min damage, +206-481 Holy damage, 741 LoH, -lvl 12

Got it for ~300k.

Also picked up a 956 dps staff with 85 int and bonus fire damage for my enchantress for 85k (have to wait one more level to use it).

And, on a side note, sold 2 mil gold for $4.50 after tax, license, destination and handling charges.

halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Skye1013 wrote:What sort of prices do you pay for your -lvl req items? Maybe I'm just too thrifty...

Got ~300k? You can find something then.

The key is, if you think you found a good deal, and it's 1d11h, BUY IT NOW. Seriously. If you hesitate a few minutes and hem and haw, it will be gone. The good deals go FAST.

halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Yeah... I'm definitely too thrifty. Most I've ever paid for an item was 20k, and that was a ring with 7-14 damage, a socket, and I think an Int boost.

After having finally finished upgrading my stash, I'm up to ~100k... so I probably won't see any of those weapons on my main*.

*47 WD that is partway through Act III Nightmare. Does about 2200 dps.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:08 pm

halabar wrote:Also picked up a 956 dps staff with 85 int and bonus fire damage for my enchantress for 85k (have to wait one more level to use it).

Oh, you're going to enjoy that. I respeced her for dps and buffs on me rather than CC, gave her a 1k+ dps 100+ int weapon and she tears up trash mobs in Inferno now. Great for Act 1 farm runs.
rodos

Postby halabar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:02 pm

It appears a potential side-effect of Blizzard allowing gold sales is that item sales on the RMAH have tanked.

halabar

Postby rodos » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:32 pm

halabar wrote:It appears a potential side-effect of Blizzard allowing gold sales is that item sales on the RMAH have tanked.

Doesn't really surprise me. People are more willing to spend "funny money" than actual money, so the GAH should see better sales and thus attract more sellers.

http://www.nrc.nl/redactie/next/geld/monopolymoney.pdf
Study 3 demonstrates that consumers spend more when they are spending scrip (a form of stored value certificate) versus cash of the same face value.
rodos

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 am

Time to start liquidating, as I won't be playing at all once Panda drops, and am getting bored anyway.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:28 pm

halabar wrote:Time to start liquidating, as I won't be playing at all once Panda drops, and am getting bored anyway.

This! Was a fun break though!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby gtechman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:09 am

It's pretty hard to sell anything but the top end items right now. It may make more goblin sense to hold off until 1.4 hits. I would imagine more will be back to D3 at that point. There just seem to be way more buyers than sellers right now.
gtechman

Postby halabar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:26 am

gtechman wrote:It's pretty hard to sell anything but the top end items right now. It may make more goblin sense to hold off until 1.4 hits. I would imagine more will be back to D3 at that point. There just seem to be way more buyers than sellers right now.

As mentioned above, I think the reason for this is the legalized gold selling. Item sales in the RMAH have gone off a cliff. However, I'm going to be selling off my best gear, so we'll see what happens.

Another factor is the boosted legendaries in 1.4, which might make current gear crap, so better to sell now.

Besides, I want to use the proceeds to pay for Panda, so need to get started now. :D

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games