Remove Advertisements

Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby halabar » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:18 am

sahiel wrote:
rodos wrote:Do you find that there's a consistent "exchange rate" between the Gold and RM AH, or are there certain items that fetch more on the RMAH? As in, does a 1m item sell for about $10 regardless of what it is, or do people get excited to buy a weapon upgrade, and so spend $15 on a 1m crossbow, whereas a 1m chest piece would be lucky to sell for $2?

There really seems little rhyme or reason to a lot of it, some obviously great items sell well, but so do some things I think are pretty crappy, other times an amazing item just won't sell... it's almost impossible to gauge and it seems to change every few days which ends up making it a lottery just to see if you priced your item at the right level for that day. =/

On that note, just sold a lvl 46 192 dps sword that I bought for 47k for $7. Only downside is I need a new lvl 46 weapon, lol. Also flipped 100k of purchases for 400k. Perhaps should have listed those items in the RMAH.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Winkle » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:49 am

rodos wrote:Do you find that there's a consistent "exchange rate" between the Gold and RM AH, or are there certain items that fetch more on the RMAH? As in, does a 1m item sell for about $10 regardless of what it is, or do people get excited to buy a weapon upgrade, and so spend $15 on a 1m crossbow, whereas a 1m chest piece would be lucky to sell for $2?

There's not a consistent exchange rate because people are buying items and not commodities or gold directly.

Although the gold sellers do give you a good indication. Approximately $2/£1.5 per million atm.

Generally items cost more than this on the RMAH because real $$$/£££ is more abundant than in game gold, especially for the people using the RMAH.

If you have a lot of igg or want to speculate you can sell up to the RMAM before the commodities go live on RMAH (speculated as next Tuesday for US) and then buy stuff back a lot cheaper a few days later as the IGG AH and RMAH balance out.
Winkle

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:26 am

The market will make a LOT more sense once gold trading is opened. Right now you're much better off selling certain things on the RMAH for multiple reasons:

- Almost anyone shopping RMAH can convince themselves to buy an item, but on the GAH they must already have the money
- Buying igg is currently dangerous/awkward, so fewer people are buying into that side of the market
- People getting rich in-game are likely to have sizable funds in their balance too
- Due to poor arbitration, prices don't necessarily match the exchange rate

Personally I think the only reason gold trading isn't in yet is that they plan to mass-ban bots the same day. The gold price will launch back up to ~$5 due to the sudden beheading of major sellers, then get driven back down as they rebuild.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby aureon » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:51 am

I really hope so, i've still got 60m gold.
aureon

Postby rodos » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:02 pm

PsiVen wrote:Personally I think the only reason gold trading isn't in yet is that they plan to mass-ban bots the same day. The gold price will launch back up to ~$5 due to the sudden beheading of major sellers, then get driven back down as they rebuild.

I think Blizzard might be trying to get a handle on the natural Gold/USD exchange rate so they can set up the UI parameters sensibly. IIRC the gold selling UI in beta enforced a minimum $ price per 1000 gold (I'm guessing that will go to 1m gold on live). If that amount it too high nobody will ever sell gold on the RMAH.

Commodities, being fungible, should give a pretty good indication of what the real exchange rate will be.
rodos

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Reads like a troll article.

I wonder if he hates the fact that a spider in WoW drops http://www.wowhead.com/item=39226
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby rodos » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Flex wrote:

I wonder if he hates the fact that a spider in WoW drops http://www.wowhead.com/item=39226

Well, it does imply that you're picking up her leg and using it as a club. How something with an exoskeleton has a femur though, I'm not so sure.

Also, I love the follower/nephalem banter in D3, even if it does get repetetive. It's actually the only thing tempting me to level up more than one character -- to hear the different voice acting.
rodos

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:13 am

Some of the follower dialogues are actually pretty hilarious if you ask me :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sahiel » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:53 am

Flex wrote:

All in all it's a pretty weak article, however, it does strike a note with me personally where he says "There is a moment playing Diablo when it hits you. Why am I still playing?".

Sadly, for me, the game was nowhere near as much fun as the original Diablo which I played for years, a few weeks of 2 and I was bored to death of it, I'm not sure exactly what was so different between them but whatever it is, it's what kept me interested the first time around :(
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:06 am

The fact that I find the AH PVP more interesting than the game says something...

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:21 am

The only thing still keeping me going (I only play maybe once a week, mind) is getting to the end of the story. I'm just at the start of Normal Act 4. It's just a bit too repetative, lots of the same. I agree with the first half of that guy's article, but not the second half where he gets onto silly nitpicking.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:31 am

sahiel wrote:
Flex wrote:

All in all it's a pretty weak article, however, it does strike a note with me personally where he says "There is a moment playing Diablo when it hits you. Why am I still playing?".

Sadly, for me, the game was nowhere near as much fun as the original Diablo which I played for years, a few weeks of 2 and I was bored to death of it, I'm not sure exactly what was so different between them but whatever it is, it's what kept me interested the first time around :(

not being terribly familiar with D1 & D2... was the overall design the same 'play the same game over and over, enjoy collecting loot and smashing face'?

I think on the front of 'log on occasionally and make some monsters explode' it does quite well - the first play through the story even was neat (though I thought the ending was kinda lame - sort of a 'well, you're responsible for all this but the end has nothing to do with you. KTHXBAI, hugs, Tyrael.'). But my level of caring dopped off a cliff after clearing the normal version. I'm playing a bit further only to get something different from WOW and to get the rest of the dialogue from the NPCs.

It seems like the intent was that you either wanted to play the same game, what, 4 times on different difficulty levels or you wanted to explore PC and NPC backstory and dialogue. The 'random dungeons' don't seem so random, and being able to explore NPC backstory on a single character also seems to shorten some of that.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 am

sahiel wrote:Sadly, for me, the game was nowhere near as much fun as the original Diablo which I played for years, a few weeks of 2 and I was bored to death of it, I'm not sure exactly what was so different between them but whatever it is, it's what kept me interested the first time around :(

Sprinkle in boatloads of D3 hype, and you might have you answer... plus the fact that what, 10 years has passed?

halabar

Postby Flex » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:49 am

To be honest if you're not doing inferno you're not playing the game, you're in exploration mode.

You aren't competing with anyone or held to schedules so it is a pretty solid game for just playing for an hour and getting some fun. I still get a kick out of the physics engine and barbarian attacks.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games