Remove Advertisements

Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby rodos » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Worldie wrote:
halabar wrote:And then you hit Inferno where the monk needs at least a 9 million gold MH weapon with tons of LoH to be decent and a DH can get by with a lot less.

That's a bit exagerated. I'm doing just fine in act 3 with 2.8% life steal and 800ish life on hit... and i spent barely 500k for all the gear set (including 750 dps weapon)

Dual wield is a trade of more armor vs higher atk speed hence more life return and some more dodge.

(after getting bored of my WD i rerolled monk, feels like playing a paladin tank ^_^ )

I play my monk (Act 1 Inferno) in a very paladin tanky style. I usually DW, but also have a shield with +armor and +resist for really hard hitters. I play with low dps (about 8k, because I can't afford a decent weapon yet) but a very defensive build with Serenity and Breath of Heaven, which feel a lot like DS and WoG :) Grinding things down, healing when I get to about 60% hp, and bubbling out of sticky situations is the paladin solo style gameplay that I always loved.
rodos

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:21 am

Worldie wrote:
halabar wrote:And then you hit Inferno where the monk needs at least a 9 million gold MH weapon with tons of LoH to be decent and a DH can get by with a lot less.

That's a bit exagerated. I'm doing just fine in act 3 with 2.8% life steal and 800ish life on hit... and i spent barely 500k for all the gear set (including 750 dps weapon)

Dual wield is a trade of more armor vs higher atk speed hence more life return and some more dodge.

(after getting bored of my WD i rerolled monk, feels like playing a paladin tank ^_^ )

I'm a bit mystified by this considering my wizard's 650 dps LoH weapon cost 800k (which was a pretty good deal), and the resist gear needed to melee in A3 (before 1.03) cost 300k-700k per slot with aggressive shopping around plus a 4m String of Ears.

I don't think it's any exaggeration that melee needs a 9 million gold MH weapon to be decent, at least for farming DPS. Ranged classes can easily focus their gear on more DPS stats, and in particular can easily obtain a weapon with several hundred more DPS for the same price as an LoH weapon. To actually catch a decent weapon for an affordable price requires getting extremely lucky or spending a lot of time camping the AH for undervalue postings to pop up.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Passionario » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 am

Wait, are we talking about EU or US auction prices? There's a pretty huge discrepancy between these regions.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby lythac » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:54 am

Yesterday I bought a 725 DPS, 450 LoH, ~10 Arcane Power, 100+ Vit (and other random stats) for 50k EU side for my Wizard. Isn't the greatest weapon due to zero int but I felt it was a nice buy. Replaced a 730 DPS, 250 LoH blue that I picked up for 30k.

Either there is a massive price discrepancy between regions or the bottom has fallen out of the lower end level 60 weapon market due to saturation.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:45 am

Starting to have some fun flipping weapons in the AH, only buying potential future upgrades and then reposting them, made about 100k last night during raid on lvl 30-40 weapons. I see the potential here. (But I think I may have screwed up this morning and posted the wrong weapon at an undercut price level, which means while I didn't loose much on it, I lost out on big profits... sigh.. working too fast).

You certainly need to jump on deals when you see them, they don't stay up there long.

But perhaps it is sad that I still see the AH as more interesting than actually playing the game.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby amh » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:04 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:The best ad in the world for Torchlight 2 is Diablo 3.

Torchlight (1) was a nice appetizer for returning to Diablo, but it felt rather shallow. Grinding further and further down into that dungeon just seemed pointless. :( It's been months since I played it, but if I remember correctly, I got some fifty levels down, and it just got easier and easier. I used the warrior archetype character with a 1H + shield build, and breezed through packs like they weren't even there.

I haven't checked out the sequel yet, but I hope it's got more to offer than the first game.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:08 pm

amh wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:The best ad in the world for Torchlight 2 is Diablo 3.

Torchlight (1) was a nice appetizer for returning to Diablo, but it felt rather shallow. Grinding further and further down into that dungeon just seemed pointless.

I "beat" Torchlight dumping all of my points into adventuring or whatever for health potion boosts and pet return speed while occasionally using a point to unlock an attack or skill.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby amh » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah, that about sums it up. :]
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:30 pm

lythac wrote:Yesterday I bought a 725 DPS, 450 LoH, ~10 Arcane Power, 100+ Vit (and other random stats) for 50k EU side for my Wizard. Isn't the greatest weapon due to zero int but I felt it was a nice buy. Replaced a 730 DPS, 250 LoH blue that I picked up for 30k.

Either there is a massive price discrepancy between regions or the bottom has fallen out of the lower end level 60 weapon market due to saturation.

Searching wiz 1-handers with 400 LoH, 8 Max AP, 85 Vit on US AH at the moment, best under 50k gold is 609 dps (for 40k gold). To get 725 dps or higher - 880k gold.

So yes, there is a massive price discrepancy.
rodos

Postby lythac » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:35 pm

rodos wrote:
lythac wrote:Yesterday I bought a 725 DPS, 450 LoH, ~10 Arcane Power, 100+ Vit (and other random stats) for 50k EU side for my Wizard. Isn't the greatest weapon due to zero int but I felt it was a nice buy. Replaced a 730 DPS, 250 LoH blue that I picked up for 30k.

Searching wiz 1-handers with 400 LoH, 8 Max AP, 85 Vit on US AH at the moment, best under 50k gold is 609 dps (for 40k gold). To get 725 dps or higher - 880k gold.

As I am at home and not guessing from work the item stats are -

725.9 DPS
95 STR
153 Dex
148 Vit
546 LoH
13 AP

But aw :( no int.

But in searching for wizard 1H I am not sure I would search for AP, that might push the price up. Search for LoH and then judge on DPS (for cheap weapons).
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby rodos » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:45 pm

lythac wrote:
rodos wrote:

As I am at home and not guessing from work the item stats are -

725.9 DPS
95 STR
153 Dex
148 Vit
546 LoH
13 AP

But aw :( no int.

If I saw a 700+ dps, 150 dex, 550 LoH monk weapon for anything less than double my net worth I'd probably fall off my chair. Too bad monk can't poke people with wands.
rodos

Postby halabar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:41 am

My Goblin ways are still running good... while the RMAH has slowed...

In the past two days I've made 650k buying lvl 30-40 weapons and flipping them. Biggest was a lvl 40 fist weapon that I bought for 40k and sold for 330k. (120 dps, 110 agi, 30 LoH, or something like that). Wasn't planning really on selling it, but figured I'd post it on the high end and see what happened. :o
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Passionario » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:17 am

Flex wrote:The difference between Monk and Barbarian interaction with LoH pisses me off.

On other hand, Barbarians don't need 70K+ DPS to reach the point where Lifesteal becomes more efficient than LoH.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby aureon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:39 am

OK, hear my words.
As a fellow tank and mathematician.
String of Ears sucks. Really, really sucks. Even 20% ones.
aureon

Postby Winkle » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:28 am

Passionario wrote:
Flex wrote:The difference between Monk and Barbarian interaction with LoH pisses me off.

On other hand, Barbarians don't need 70K+ DPS to reach the point where Lifesteal becomes more efficient than LoH.

Lifesteal has a coefficient of 0.2 on damage in Inferno though. At 70k dps you would need 5k lifesteal to get 1000hps which is equivalent to 666LoH considering 1.5 attacks/sec
Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games