Remove Advertisements

D3 official release date announced

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: D3 official release date announced

Postby Arnock » Wed May 02, 2012 7:31 pm

So I bought and started playing D2 and... I think I might be missing something. I found 2 available quests and after that, all I'm seeing in the game is walking around and 2 shotting random mobs.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Treck » Thu May 03, 2012 3:01 am

I started playing D2 again a few weeks ago aswell.
And I can only agree xD
You know the story, so you dont always pay so close attention to it, you know where to go so theres little "exploring" to do.
And yeh you just go around facerolling random mobs that doesnt drop anything usefull, wishing you find those "rare elites" to kill here and there.
Playing other games for the past 10 years have changed me atleast :P
I used to just play some D2 just cuz it was fun, and you never knew what you were gonna get.
Now you feel gimped before lvl 30 cuz you dont have your ultimate spells, you skip most of the story, and you know how stuff works so its not really much of a challenge.
It gets nostalgia points obviously.
And the challenge, playing on Hardcore gives some excitement atleast, that or edit so the game think theres more players to increase stuffs damage and health (but you get more xp, so not truly fair i guess)
Treck

Postby Kelaan » Sat May 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Borderlands is similar. Many quests, of course, but you pretty much faceroll most things, aside from the occasional fustercluck of badasses or grenade-carrying midgets. I'm not sure why it's fun, but I imagine that facerolling hordes of mooks is satisfying at a visceral level.
Kelaan

Postby Flex » Mon May 07, 2012 9:22 am

Kelaan wrote:but I imagine that facerolling hordes of mooks is satisfying at a visceral level.

Doing 4 man groups with people from my WoW guild was pretty darn awesome during the beta period.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Passionario » Mon May 14, 2012 3:44 am

Less than a day left until we can start counting down ten years to D4. :)
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sagara » Mon May 14, 2012 4:08 am

I'm fidgeting to get a good idea of what my first toon will be. My productivity has suffered :p
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby JoeBravo » Mon May 14, 2012 4:52 am

Sagara wrote:I'm fidgeting to get a good idea of what my first toon will be. My productivity has suffered :p

I shouldn't have read this...
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Flex » Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 am

I hope they implement Guilds or Clans for D3. A lot of my WoW guild will be playing D3 as well and it would be awesome to have a global chat channel with all of them while we play so we don't need to worry about groups and other things.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Mon May 14, 2012 11:28 am

I'm up and ready to go, installed, ready to launch..

If they don't do clans/guilds it will have to be realid based to find your friends...

I wish there were larger groups...

I'm thinking rolling a Witch Doctor..(e e oo a a e e tararalinging)
djlar

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon May 14, 2012 11:30 am

Flex wrote:I hope they implement Guilds or Clans for D3. A lot of my WoW guild will be playing D3 as well and it would be awesome to have a global chat channel with all of them while we play so we don't need to worry about groups and other things.

This.

A lot of friends and guildies from various games are all planning on jumping on mumble playing together.

Myself I'll be taking a nap when I get home so that I can wake up at 2AM (Central Time) to play.

My first toon is going to be a witch doctor - but of course I will be making everything soon enough. :)
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Passionario » Mon May 14, 2012 2:47 pm

djlar wrote:If they don't do clans/guilds it will have to be realid based to find your friends...

No need for RealID. Diablo 3 uses BattleTags.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Previous

Return to Other Games