Rift

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Rift!

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Koatanga wrote:With regard to gear acquisition, I ran ICC enough to defeat gunship 33 times. 5 times were in a 25-man raid, which means I killed that stupid event for 28 weeks minimum. Not once in all of those defeats did the shield drop.

If it makes you feel any better... I got the mace from the first boss on my first run through ICC, and the shield dropped on my first "kill" of gunship, both 10-man regular (if that makes a difference to you.)

Though currently, I can't effectively grind heroics (I try to get my one a day for the VP, but my latency doesn't really allow for more than that, and raids are out of the question.) So being able to get JP from regulars to upgrade my gear (still wearing 4 ilvl 318 pieces, the bracers I won't be able to upgrade from JP though) is nice. It will keep me more or less "on the level" when I get back to Germany in April.

Another plus to badge gear... off-spec upgrades. Especially if someone is normally dps and your guild has a high tank/healer turnover. Because I'm sure noone has ever had an night where their guild needed a temp tank/healer, but since their gear fell so far behind, they weren't able to step up.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby sahiel » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:47 pm

d503 wrote:
sahiel wrote:After playing the last 3 betas and the open finally decided to give it a go, seems like fun and whilst it's not replacing WoW it certainly seems like it can fill a few hours when i'm not raiding with a worthwhile experience.

The soul trees and various combos are definitely interesting, and being able to customise your build to fit exactly what role you have in mind is certainly welcome, so hopefully it lives up to the enthusiasm I felt on the beta.

Most likely going to be Defiant on Keenblade shard (because screw the Guardian douchebags :P)

If you get bored, the Discord boys will be on Shatterbone PVE under the guild name Depraved :)

EDIT: Defiant, ofc ;)

A toon there will be my 2nd stop sir ;)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Punkss2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 am

sahiel wrote:After playing the last 3 betas and the open finally decided to give it a go, seems like fun and whilst it's not replacing WoW it certainly seems like it can fill a few hours when i'm not raiding with a worthwhile experience.

The soul trees and various combos are definitely interesting, and being able to customise your build to fit exactly what role you have in mind is certainly welcome, so hopefully it lives up to the enthusiasm I felt on the beta.

Most likely going to be Defiant on Keenblade shard (because screw the Guardian douchebags :P)

I too will be rolling Defiant on Keenblade. It was my Beta server so I'm sticking with it. What name do you have picked out for your toon? We can be friends :P I will be rolling a Rogue for sure as my main. Name will be Warpunk. If you get a random whisper from any person that has "punk" in his name, it will most likely be me :P

I got my client installed and patched up and can't wait for the servers to go live in T-Minus 11.5 hours!
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Levantine » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:41 am

Ill be a defiant on Briarcliff on release. I really had no server choice since it's the unofficial Oceanic PVP server. D:
Levantine

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:47 am

i might be picking this up with my taxes, and if i do my main will most likely be a paladin defiant on keenblade

it was my beta server too

might make a shaman/druid/justicar .....all depends on how much time i end up with the next few weeks

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Punkss2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:40 am

3.5 hours and counting! RAWR!
Punkss2

Postby tinalt » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:02 am

Punkss2 wrote:

I too will be rolling Defiant on Keenblade. It was my Beta server so I'm sticking with it. What name do you have picked out for your toon? We can be friends :P I will be rolling a Rogue for sure as my main. Name will be Warpunk. If you get a random whisper from any person that has "punk" in his name, it will most likely be me :P

I got my client installed and patched up and can't wait for the servers to go live in T-Minus 11.5 hours!

Get out of my head! I rolled defiant on keenblade during beta, and will most likely end up there for release. Couple of RL friends and guildies from wow will be joining me. Unsure about any guild name. Name will almost certainly be Tin, unless it gets taken before I can claim it.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Punkss2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:55 am

10 min and counting!! I'm already logged in, just waiting for Keenblade to come up and the Rifting will begin!
Punkss2

Postby Punkss2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 am

And the wait que has been engaged!! Good lord...there were 200+ people I was behind. Good times.
Punkss2

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 am

Punkss2 wrote:And the wait que has been engaged!! Good lord...there were 200+ people I was behind. Good times.

i hope iu am wrong in this, but im going roflmfao irl if you post again and say something like THE F*ING SERVER CRASHED!!!!!!!

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Punkss2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:45 am

bldavis wrote:
Punkss2 wrote:And the wait que has been engaged!! Good lord...there were 200+ people I was behind. Good times.

i hope iu am wrong in this, but im going roflmfao irl if you post again and say something like THE F*ING SERVER CRASHED!!!!!!!

LOL..not yet..though I was on only long enough to make my toon before the wife called me for breakfast...waiting in que again....and it just jumped from 20 min to a 2 hour wait..over 500+ in front of me.
Punkss2

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:47 am

Punkss2 wrote:
bldavis wrote:

LOL..not yet..though I was on only long enough to make my toon before the wife called me for breakfast...waiting in que again....and it just jumped from 20 min to a 2 hour wait..over 500+ in front of me.

ouch....
anyone else have flashbacks to the massive queues in mid wrath?

bldavis

Postby Punkss2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:02 pm

And from a couple posts I've seen, this is happening on ALL their servers across the board. I'm figuring theyre limiting the number of people that will be in the starting areas. At 310ish over 1 hour wait time.
Punkss2

Postby tinalt » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Punkss2 wrote:And from a couple posts I've seen, this is happening on ALL their servers across the board. I'm figuring theyre limiting the number of people that will be in the starting areas. At 310ish over 1 hour wait time.

Hearing this makes me feel okay about the fact that I'm at work and unable to play. If there's still a queue when I get home, then I doubt I'll be able to play at all tonight, since it's a raid night in wow.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby sahiel » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Zharya, Defiant warrior on Keenblade :)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games