pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Arnock » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:05 pm

/tar thread
/cast redemption

Anyone around here still play? Reactivated my account a few weeks ago and I'm giving the game another shot.

Joined up with an amarr faction warfare corp and am trying to figure out how PVP works, one lost ship at a time.

It's fun though.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:57 am

I've considered EVE a lot of times, but the idea of being able to lose literally everything randomly overnight in any moment kinda... sets me off from picking it up :\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arnock » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Eh, that's not really possible unless you're flying a ship that you can't afford to replace, which is a big nono.

You used to lose skill points (roughly equivalent to EXP in wow) when you died, but they removed that feature sometime last year.
Arnock

Postby Heil » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:44 am

I'm still playing, pretty casually though. My goal is to earn enough money to pay for 5 years of game time.
Name's Panda, G. D. Panda.
Heil

Postby Passionario » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:10 pm

I quit somewhere around... Odyssey or Rubicon, I think? The last thing I remember was CFC hellcamping some N3 station for a week, which was supposed to be a big deal for some reason.

Maybe I'll come back one day. I'm much better with spreadsheets now, at least.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:48 pm

So I'm trying this again.

I made my char named Worldie Feard as usual.

The game is very overwhelming right now, everything is so enormous :cry:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Wait? there was a thread for this?

So I'm about a month and too many skill injectors in, lol

But it's holding my attention a lot better than WoW.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Passionario » Tue May 03, 2016 1:31 pm

Arnock wrote:Eh, that's not really possible unless you're flying a ship that you can't afford to replace, which is a big nono.

Or you could come back to the game to find that your alliance got evicted and all assets and characters you used to have are now locked deep in enemy held regions. :(
Passionario

Postby halabar » Tue May 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Passionario wrote:
Arnock wrote:Eh, that's not really possible unless you're flying a ship that you can't afford to replace, which is a big nono.

Or you could come back to the game to find that your alliance got evicted and all assets and characters you used to have are now locked deep in enemy held regions. :(

Ouch. Still got your ISK though. Maybe you can join the other side long enough to get some stuff out of that station.

It's easy to get your characters out. Set your home station to your beginner station, suicide, and rez there. But, before you do that, if the other corp won't let you in, login, insure your ship, and undock, get podded, and revive back at that beginner station. At least you'll get something out of it.

If you can undock, but can't get out through the gatecamps, then go through wormholes until you find a path to highsec.

halabar

Postby Passionario » Wed May 04, 2016 4:13 am

halabar wrote:Ouch. Still got your ISK though. Maybe you can join the other side long enough to get some stuff out of that station.

Thank you, but I don't think that would work out well. Firstly, my somewhat problematic corp history means that the other side (or, indeed, most groups) might be less than amenable to taking me on board, and secondly, that move would land all of my and my wife's characters on my current side's blacklist. It's not a nice list and one that is pretty much impossible to get off. As much as I'd love to recover my dreadnaughts and Tengus, I'm not quite prepared to pay that kind of price.

I think I'll just bide my time, play some other characters (and other games) and see if that region gets retaken in a year or two.
Passionario

Postby halabar » Wed May 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Passionario wrote:
halabar wrote:Ouch. Still got your ISK though. Maybe you can join the other side long enough to get some stuff out of that station.

Thank you, but I don't think that would work out well. Firstly, my somewhat problematic corp history means that the other side (or, indeed, most groups) might be less than amenable to taking me on board, and secondly, that move would land all of my and my wife's characters on my current side's blacklist. It's not a nice list and one that is pretty much impossible to get off. As much as I'd love to recover my dreadnaughts and Tengus, I'm not quite prepared to pay that kind of price.

I think I'll just bide my time, play some other characters (and other games) and see if that region gets retaken in a year or two.

The other choice is to go vampire with extractors, suck the SP from some, to boost the characters you're going to play. Or heck, sell the characters..

halabar

Postby halabar » Sun May 08, 2016 8:31 am

Discovered there's a full on protection racket in EVE that preys on highsec miners...

halabar

Postby Worldie » Mon May 09, 2016 10:49 am

So uhm how do I contact the ones of you that play? I have a hard time understanding it without some support :x

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Mon May 09, 2016 7:11 pm

Worldie wrote:So uhm how do I contact the ones of you that play? I have a hard time understanding it without some support :x

Slickrock Wildlight in game. However, we're not exactly in the same time zones... :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/evenewbies/ is good.

Do the career agent missions (f12 in game)

Also you can ask a lot of questions in the rookie chat.

halabar

Postby Heil » Fri May 13, 2016 7:45 am

halabar wrote:Discovered there's a full on protection racket in EVE that preys on highsec miners...

Yea... Code can sit and spin, such a joke.
Name's Panda, G. D. Panda.
Heil

Postby halabar » Sun May 15, 2016 5:33 pm

So started doing some exploration.. first WH I ever scan down was a class 5.. so I go in to look around (didn't know it was class 5 till I got in the hole).. decide to check one of the combat sites at a safe distance... warp to 100.. BLAP.. guess Sleepers have better range than that, lol

halabar

Postby Arnock » Sat May 21, 2016 7:21 pm

Worldie, My name's Arnock Koffield, in game. If you're looking for a newbro-friendly PVP corp, check out Thrasher Attacks and Replacement Division.

TEST just killed a revenant today. Only the fifth one ever killed in eve history.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54153050/
Arnock

Postby halabar » Sun May 29, 2016 11:12 am

Made the mistake of trying to rat in lowsec yesterday... my VNI which was fitted specifcally for drone ratting with passive shields couldn't do anything when ganked.

So what to do.. in highsec I think I can make more mining per hour than ratting (plus there's too much competition for rat sites), so unless I join a null corp, it looks like it's missions or WHs..

halabar

Postby Arnock » Mon May 30, 2016 11:04 am

Yeah... you really don't want to try afk ratting unless you're deep in blue null space.

You can make some decent solo isk by exploring in WH space.

Also, farming LP in faction warfare space.
Arnock

Postby halabar » Mon May 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Wasn't even AFK.. but just had no answer with my fit.

There's definitely a ISK gap for doing things on your own between what shows up in HS anoms, and WH/Null, and LS is not a good bridge. To make the problem worse, there's a lot more competition for the HS rat sites, from post-war activity plus the SP daily.

I think I may need to explore and find a new base. I like being 5-6 jumps out of Jita, but it's getting a lot busier..

So.. exploration time. Finishing skilling out for a Helios, and will be looking at a Myrm for doing the WH combat sites.

halabar

Postby Arnock » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:56 pm

There isn't a ton of PVE content in low. Running DED sites in a T3D would probably be the best bet, but blitzing faction warfare missions in a stealth bomber is easily the best isk/hour. Especially if you blitz them in a faction that's in Tier 4 and wait for the warzone to swing back to the other side and LP prices to rise.

I'm in amarr faction warfare, and I was able to farm up about 2.5 million LP in a week fairly easily, which will be worth about 3-5 bil once the minmatar retake the warzone and our LP prices rise.
Arnock

Previous

Return to Other Games