Remove Advertisements

pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Delphineas » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:13 pm

My big question on scripts:do they function like rigs?

IE:an Optimal range script will be lost when you load a tracking script?
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: FF xiv once it's up.
Delphineas

Postby Torakka » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:24 pm

No, they work like T1 laser-crystals, I.E you can switch and use them as much as you like and they won't deteriorate.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /ezarioth/ -retired, maybe this time for real...
Torakka

Postby Kelaan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:$20M/night per person for a group running a few level 4 missions. Incursions are harder.

Gah -- I'd mixed them up and forgotten they were different things. Sorry about that.
Kelaan

Postby Jheherrin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 am

http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/search/l ... E%20Guides

4 good guides on here about gearing for incursions.

http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2011/08/ ... art-1.html is information for Shield Fleets
http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2011/08/ ... art-2.html is about upgrading your ship and fleet targeting
http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... art-3.html is for Armor fleets
http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... art-4.html is for Logistics Pilots (or the ever so slightly insane).

The Absolution I was playing with the other night was the start of an Incursion fit. 600+ dps, Alpha strikes of 1200-1400 and 82%+ resists across the board. It was quite easily soloing most L4 missions. I did have one mission that forced me to have a better tank for some of it (Destroying a sansha's control tower with two battleship fleets at 100km).
Moonglade EU - Catalyst : Jheherrin,Glowlimn,Caamora
Aggramar EU - The Phoenix Reborn : Kasreyn,Gossamer
Jheherrin

Postby laterna » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:44 am

Just to clarify some things on Incursions

They are no joke. You need to have a good BS with T2 modules with maybe an exception on the weaponry. I started looking into incursions two days ago, and got extremely lucky + had solid prep. I read anything I could into getting into incursions ready, had my overlay setup accordingly, knew what to do in case I got agroo, paid attention to broadcasts etc.

I got lucky because I asked a few questions around the shield-tank channel which lead to a really good FC taking me to an HQ run he was just forming (these are 40man fleets, which, if you x-up (x-up is the process of listing your ship in the channel) when an FC starts forming his fleet, as long as you've got a basic fit/ship, they'll take you along. I ended up playing for 4 hours the first day, just running incursions and got my name out there a bit (despite being a WT with our wardec shield corp).

Yesterday, I did the same thing and using people who vouched for me from the first fleet last night, got into another fleet making my name even more known out there etc. Speaking in fleet comms is also a big plus, people tend to take you more seriously if you do that. Also, in the matter of being a WT, its a big minus, but if you state it clearly that its a 1man corp, its a shield dec etc, then you're ok. For Invis/Torakka, I talked with DD to remove this continuous wardec, but never got a reply.

Its a hard community to launch yourself into, and mistakes cost you a ship. You need to be ontop of the "broadcast for shields" as soon as you're locked into HQ. Failing to do so, if you're a long timer might be que for a joke, if you're a newcomer lists you as a "noob", and might end up getting you banned from that channel. Being even a few moments late, or if you start broadcasting once you take fire, often ends up in a KM. At some point today, I agroed all boats in the 2nd spawn. I insta broadcasted, and spend the next 2 minutes watching my shields drop to 50% after each volley, then instantly topped up by logis. In VG's this is less apparent because in an 11man fleet, you can add the 10 others to Watchlists or target them, so logi ships can start repping you as soon as you take any hits. Its still good to broadcast though. Failing to follow tags orders, or you blowing up a trigger will 100% get you banned from BTL Pub (the incursion channel for shield tanked boats)

I'd suggest people get into HQ's first. The chance of being targetted is less, stuff move at a more agreeable pace, where most VG's fleet are all about perfomance and speed. HQ's are the place to learn, but you better come prepared or you're done.

The good thing of this is that once you're known a bit etc, its easy to get a fleet, you get into better channels(singing FC,etc) and any losses you might get usually are helped to be recovered. We had some guy in a phantasm (granted he was a usual in incursion fleets) who was looking at a pic linked in fleet chat and didn't pay attention. This is what we heard

"Oh shit."
"Fuck fuck"
boom -explosion on grid, phantasm wreck

FC: "Uh what happened"
PhantPilot: "Was looking at a fucking local spike pic and then only heard the woop woop woop from low shields, then boom"
que fleet rofls

Fleet ended up chipping in a bit to buy him a new boat, 1M here, 2M there, got him a new one and back into fleet again today. Same guy nearly lost his phantasm today, because he had broadcasts set to squad instead of fleet, but the logis were pros and actually reacted without a broadcast for shields from him.

Common EVE Incursion talk

x-up : Usually means post a ship eg, x-up with sniper fits, will queue long range napoc/ravens/CNR's etc
LFSF : Looking For Shield (tanked) Fleet followed by location. If you join BTL Pub the MOTD has the location of the incursion for that time.
AAA : Usually the anchor in an HQ fleet (you orbit him)
laterna

Postby Torakka » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:51 am

laterna wrote:Also, in the matter of being a WT, its a big minus, but if you state it clearly that its a 1man corp, its a shield dec etc, then you're ok. For Invis/Torakka, I talked with DD to remove this continuous wardec, but never got a reply.

As far as I know (which isn't much really), incursion-griefing is quite common and it is done by either having logi-pilot "steal" from a can or straight war-dec. In both cases criminal-flag spreads among the logis due to their energy-transfer chains allowing the griefers to kill them without CONCORD-interference, which in turn results in many pimped DPS-ships experiencing a rather rapid transformation to a lot less valuable space-dust. As no non-griefer incursion runner really wants that, they are understandably quite wary for inviting war-decced people. At least the Ditanian Fleet (armour-fleet channel) appears to enforce strict no-exceptions rule, but then again they also (claim) to lose less ships than shield fleet. In any case, if you are interested in Incursions, join appropriate channel ("The Ditanian Fleet" for armour and BTL or something like that for shield), read channel MotD and subscribe to the mailing list for banned characters and corps (to avoid them, obviously). Then just X-up with your fitting, location and any other information you deem relevant.

Iaterna, did you find some way to prove that our war is indeed against one-man dummy corp, or did they just need people badly enough that they decided to give you a chance? By the way, we will most likely remain in war with the dread "Test Dummy Wargames" as not only it is just so much hassle to remember to re-dec at least one full day before every gatecamp lessons and then cancel afterwards, but declaring war also costs isk whereas our current state of mutual war is free.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /ezarioth/ -retired, maybe this time for real...
Torakka

Postby laterna » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 am

Well in all honesty, I got into the first fleet, then linked the corp I was at war at, was a 1 man corp, told them it was a shield corp, they left it at that.

think of it this way. My agress spreads around in a fleet. If 1 person drops on us, with half the fleet being agressed, what is he going to do? especially in an HQ fleet? 1 volley from the whole fleet and he's dead really. Just link the corp shield and you should be okay-ish. Also, if someone needs any suggestions and maybe a fleet vouch for BTL PUB fleets (as long as you know how what you're doing ) I'll be happy to provide
laterna

Postby Dantriges » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:38 am

As an interested reader who has no clue about EVE, what is an incursion?
Dantriges

Postby Dimarato » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:53 am

Hello all,

I hope you don't mind a question from someone's who's still very green behind the ears in all eve related business (started about 2 weeks ago). I'm looking for a general direction in what ships would be best (for a low skill/isk player) to use in missions.

I picked Gallente as starting race, and since they're about drone/armor tanking that's the way I'm going atm. I just got into my first cruiser (a little vexor) and am now trying to decide if I should stick with the drones and go for something like myrmidon -> dominix, or switch over to Caldari so I can go drake/raven (in the very distant future). Or any other combination, but I just see alot of posts mentioning ravens. The internet as usual is filled with alot of opinions supporting both sides depending on where I'm reading, so I'm just interested in what you experienced guys & girls think is a decent choice.
Dimarato
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:28 am

An Incursion is pretty much the EVE equivalent of a raid.

As for ship choices, it's all up to you and what you like playing. Each race offers different playstyles; I put a general overview of all four in the original post. (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32064, near the top; "Chosing Your Race.") You can also give blasters/rails a shot with your current skills, Thorax -> Brutix -> Mega is the Gallente turret path.
Invisusira

Postby Jheherrin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:28 am

OK, last night was interesting, and for once I am glad I was nowhere near what was happening.

CCP did a roam with a fleet of CCP Devs in Faction Battleships, giving the rest of eve a chance to pop them for some tasty lootz (including PLEX's).

Pandemic Legion hot dropped a huge supercap fleet (Titans and Motherships) onto them in Tama and the resulting carnage was just awesome. They just killed everyone who wasn't PL.
At about 10pm (CET) last night the recent kills blob on the map for Tama covered a few REGIONS!! 1000+ ships killed in the last hour when I looked at the map, and the kill reports floating around the net show similar.

https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboa ... ystem=Tama
Jheherrin

Postby Invisusira » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:00 am

Pretty sweet, I had heard that they were going to do a CCP roam.

I like how they had random clothing in their cargo holds, lol.
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboa ... ?id=461322
"FUCK THE FIELD MARSHAL JACKET DIED"

Also, do Nanobot Accelerator rigs work with RRs, or is CCP just looney?
Invisusira

Postby Jheherrin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:09 am

Scary thought for the day "how many PLEX's got destroyed in that fight?"
Jheherrin

Postby Delphineas » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:45 am

so got accepted into RSa, right before they get wardecced. *sigh*
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: FF xiv once it's up.
Delphineas

Postby aureon » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:03 am

Also, do Nanobot Accelerator rigs work with RRs, or is CCP just looney?
No, they don't.
aureon

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games