Remove Advertisements

pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Passionario » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:44 am

I think I need a new income source. There are too many unfriendly gangs roaming through my ratting haunts these days.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Passionario » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:24 am

Friendly reminder to those still playing: Burn Jita 3 is starting today.
Passionario

Postby Heil » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:11 am

Passionario wrote:Friendly reminder to those still playing: Burn Jita 3 is starting today.

This and system being full at times is the primary reason I moved operations to Amarr relatively quickly after starting playing. Also, Passionario, if you're looking for a decent income source that's low maintenance, Planetary Interaction has been treating me well so far. It took a long time to figure out where to set up at and nail down the details of having a functional colony, but after that, straight money print.
Name's Panda, G. D. Panda.
Heil

Postby Passionario » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:24 am

I've dabbled in PI at one point, but it involved too much clicking and relogging for my tastes, and the profits (after the 15% tax and shipping the stuff to Jita) weren't all that impressive. Besides, the interceptor gangs are just as happy to kill an Epithal as an Ishtar.
Passionario

Postby Delphineas » Sat May 17, 2014 5:15 pm

On the one hand, I respect CODE for the way they(Or t least their site) roleplays.

On the other, I just wanna roam and countergank the fuck out of these bastards.
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

Postby Passionario » Tue May 20, 2014 3:03 am

Delphineas wrote:On the other, I just wanna roam and countergank the fuck out of these bastards.

You just described the way I feel about half of New Eden. :D

Re: ISK - I think I'll just take the lazy way out and upgrade to a ratting carrier.
Passionario

Postby Heil » Sat May 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Passionario wrote:I've dabbled in PI at one point, but it involved too much clicking and relogging for my tastes, and the profits (after the 15% tax and shipping the stuff to Jita) weren't all that impressive. Besides, the interceptor gangs are just as happy to kill an Epithal as an Ishtar.

I agree that it's time consuming (about 2hrs a day to keep my 5 planets stocked with mats for P3 production), and the margins aren't great in high sec (about 9mm a day), but it fits with my available play time and I run Iranian centrifuges, which is hilarious.

For me, I spent a legitimate amount of time researching what sells in Amarr (Jita is way too crazy to be bothered with and the prices aren't too off). The most time investment was in doing the scans of the planets and flying to them to see what kind of tax rate I would have to pay at the customs office. I made a lot of choices on where to set up shop based on that last point. I can't express enough how important Customs Code Expertise is! Basically (at lvl4) I don't bother with anything over 11% at the very worst.

On where to look for planets in high sec, I'd say being 10+ jumps from you hub of choice is clutch. The less traffic in system tends to mean lower CO tax rates and less competition for prime planets.

All in all tho, it's just different strokes for different folks. I'm really just killing time on this high sec gig until I can get my cruiser skills to lvl 3 and head on out to the low-sec for some hawt manufacturing action.
Name's Panda, G. D. Panda.
Heil

Postby Passionario » Mon May 26, 2014 7:11 am

In my case, the combination of 15% corporate tax rate and all available planets being permanently near-depleted means that the only viable PI setup is extracting P2s (mostly Enriched Uranium). As for Jita being the sales hub of choice, that's where all our jump freighter services go to.

Such is the price of living the life of luxury in central Deklein. :)
Passionario

Postby Odius » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Find a wormhole with a highsec static and do PI in there. They're the best planets. You just have to be a bit sneakier on getting your export out.
Odius
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Other Games