Guild Wars 2

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby Paxen » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:26 am

Worldie wrote:I found it actually very good for soloplay, that is, if you like exploring and storyline. The storyline includes a lot of solo dungeons, actual dungeons start at level 35 iirc.

I do like it, which is why I'm going to keep on playing. I'm just also looking for something like TSW at launch (nicely challenging) or Death Knight gameplay (with enemies that don't reduce the DK to Festering/Scourge Strike spam). I can always play two games at once.
Paxen

Postby Era » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:47 am

After raiding WoW HC, I agree that not a lot of things are truly challenging anymore. Lich King 25M HC will forever be my favourite boss encounter. GW2's PvE challenge is, like Worldie says, mostly to find in high end dungeons or the open world puzzles. Some of them are pretty tough, not because they're hard to figure out, just the movement is hard to execute perfectly enough. :roll:

I tend to level a GW2 char from 1-80 and then play something else for a while. If I'm gonna commit to something more difficult/organized, it might as well be WoW.

Haven't played any big single player games in a while (mostly just shorter indie games etc), so afraid I can't recommend anything.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:19 pm

Friend and I who play pretty much everything together went Guardian/Mesmer on our first playthrough. We're currently sitting at 80 waiting for HoT (23ish Oct iirc.) I've done a grand total of one dungeon, one fractal (more or less heroic dungeons) and zero PvP. Still managed to have quite a bit of fun. Really wish PvP wasn't required for 100% map completion though. I definitely like that you can be in multiple guilds and it doesn't matter which server you're on unless you're doing WvWvW.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:39 pm

I've only got 5 character slots, and four of them are already filled (Necro, Elementalist, Guardian, Warrior) so I'm trying to figure out what to do with the last one. Had a bunch of level 20 boost scrolls and a few level 30 boost scrolls from the birthday presents, so currently using the level 20 scrolls to try out the remaining classes. So far I like Mesmer and Thief the most. Ranger was okay. Not tried Engineer yet. I play each class for a few levels (20-25 ish) and then delete it to try a different one. Once I decide, I'll use a level 30 boost scroll and that'll be it.

Really conflicted about HoT. I know I should buy it soon (like, right now) if I'm gonna buy it at all, so I can get the pre-order goodies (like an extra character slot), but I play so little already and I'm not sure I'll ever bother doing any end-level (80) content (other than random world bosses).
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:46 am

Dnow, I liked GW2 leveling, istance and combat system, but the insane elitism of the people when I played (up to about the release of first expansion basically) really really killed my will to level cap (not having friends or a serious guild I was basically forced into randoms).
How much is the new exp $$$?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:21 am

Depends on your currency (EUR for you I guess).

http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/

Being in Japan, I get USD prices. Which is terrible for me. The USD / NOK (Norwegian) exchange rate is not exactly favourable right now.

Standard: $44.9
Deluxe: $74.9
Ultimate: $99.9
Era

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:21 am

Joke is on EU, we pay the same NUMBERS in euro.
Normal 44€
Deluxe 74€
Ultimate 99€

Basically we pay 20% more than you :v
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:48 am

That's been pretty standard in video game (and console) prices for decades. Don't bother converting, just swap the symbols.
KysenMurrin

Postby Era » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:44 am

Okay yeah, EUR would've been even worse :lol:
Era

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:00 am

Hence if you want it you better get it in Dollars now :lol:

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:17 am

Decided not to get it. Don't play enough level 80 content to justify the cost. These days I'm more or less exclusively levling, bar the occasional world boss on the Necro for that low chance at actually useful and/or valuable loot. I'll get the expansion if or when I have the time to play properly, and/or the money to buy a new computer. My laptop runs the game fine, no lag, but I've seen how beautiful this game can be at highest settings. :cry:
Era

Postby Era » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:42 am

If you've been considering to return but feel the road to level 80 is too long, then right now is the time to return! Pop whatever +XP boosts you have and head into the Mad King's Labyrinth from Lion's Arch. Scales you up to 80 and lets you run circles around the labyrinth, steamrolling everything with a bunch of other people. Gaining levels like mad. Went from 50-56 in about an hour.
Era

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:55 am

I'd do that except noone would ever party with a Necromancer :lol:

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:23 am

No party required! The labyrinth is an open world event thing. You enter the labyrinth instance, and then there's lots of people running around killing stuff. Just follow them.

Or take this opportunity to power-level one of the meta classes. :wink:

Or just log on and have fun for a week and then go back to whatever else you've been doing. Free game is free!
Era

Previous

Return to Other Games