Remove Advertisements

Guild Wars 2

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Andurin wrote:Finally found out how Armorsmithing works... So, when it clicked, I got it up to from 20ish to 120ish in several minutes (since I actually saved all the crap that drops of mobs for them). And got a good deal of xp aswell :D Level 32ish Norm Guardian now ^^ And I just love running around with a 2-handed sword, aoe-ing everything down ^^

it is the same for every other crafting skill...except cooking

also that is an awesome review!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Barathorn » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:59 am

I did the Pirate Ghost quest in Lions Arch? last night. Wow. Just Wow. Awesome fluff and background story.

OMFG it was like a cross between Rainbow Islands and Lara Croft. What a truly awesome little game Arenanet have made. My flamethrower came in very handy to light my way in dark times.

My only dislike is the camera. Let me scroll right out FFS! PVP is difficult when you get blown into a corner and can't see shit.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:35 am

Digital purchase is back up since yesteeday at least, and my wife is just trying out. I only got a glimpse, and it looks daaaaamn nice.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby bldavis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:46 am

Sagara wrote:Digital purchase is back up since yesteeday at least, and my wife is just trying out. I only got a glimpse, and it looks daaaaamn nice.

what did she roll?

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:50 am

She tried Mesmer, but found it confusing (she HATES guides) and rolled Elementalist instead (FWOOSH! may have been shouted). Currently wondering what kind of weapon setup she should try.

Sagara

Postby bldavis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:54 am

Sagara wrote:She tried Mesmer, but found it confusing (she HATES guides) and rolled Elementalist instead (FWOOSH! may have been shouted). Currently wondering what kind of weapon setup she should try.

it depends on the play style she prefers
dw daggers are fun for some close range combat, but staff is better for range

mesmer does get better once you find the weapon set that fits your play though
i hated it until i tried greatsword

bldavis

Postby Gracerath » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:38 pm

New set of armor and a lovely shot of the moon up in Frostgorge Sound. Of course I've hit 80 since then and have another set of armor now ... but this one was neat.

Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm officially totally in love with my Mesmer. GS for range and Sceptre/Torch for close up engagements, with a heavy focus on shattering, illusions and confusion. I'll have to link my prospective build when I get home, but so far nothing I've come across has been able to do much between the damage I'm putting out at range and then the defensive benefits of the Sceptre torch combo. Also totally loving blink and decoy. Now time to relevel my human because meh I like how she looks more than my Asura.
Levantine

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:21 pm

I did AC a few nights back, and I was extremely disappointed. It was just a giant clusterfuck, and from what I've been told I was fortunate enough to be in a very good group where we didn't wipe at all. In other words, it wasn't our execution, it was just the mechanics of the dungeon.

I am really hoping that this isn't the way dungeons play at "end game". That's really the only thing I've done in game that I didn't thoroughly enjoy so far (I'm only level 45ish), so I'm still having plenty of fun when I get a chance to play.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 pm

I knew next to nothing about the game about 12 hours ago.

I would simply like to mention: Dual gunner Engi is awesome.
PEWPEWPEW!

Sagara

Postby bldavis » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Sagara wrote:I knew next to nothing about the game about 12 hours ago.

I would simply like to mention: Dual gunner Engi is awesome.
PEWPEWPEW!

*high fives a fellow dual pistol eng!*

bldavis

Postby Gracerath » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:48 am

Boy, people are sure having bad experiences with AC. Some guildies were going through and got stuck at The Lover's boss encounter. One person had to leave so I went in to replace them and then we one shot everything. Clearly I was the key factor! :P

There are 2 or 3 really bad trash packs in story mode. One in a tight hallway that ends up with a lot of AE and fears and shit and the other that comes to mind is a pack of 3 rangers before the ranger boss. Think that trash is bad? Wait til you fight the knights in the Twilight Arbor. /twitch

Really though, the bosses are fairly easy if you pay attention to the mechanics of the fight. The Lovers is pretty easy if you have one or two people throwing the boulders from the ground at them. A) you'll keep them apart easier and B) they get knocked to the ground a lot, thus not attacking you. Kill the little adds the guy summons and watch your confusion stacks. The first boss fight in Adleburn's room with a bunch of adds is also a big cluster just cause there are so many conditions flying around. Focus down the small mobs quick as you can and then go after the boss himself. Use the pillars as LoS to kite stuff. The ranger boss is really easy and probably no one is having issues with him. Same with the necromancer boss. As for Adleburn himself? If you can avoid red circles, the fight really is a breeze. If you can't though... yuck. What is worse is he loves to target downed people repeatedly with his AE so trying to rez them sucks. Luckly the waypoint is right there so it may be easier to just run back.

I think the biggest reason people are having issues with dungeons is probably a factor of how they gear and spec. A LOT of people are neglecting stats like toughness and vitality and are going for straight dps in precision and power. I'm a support warrior with 30pts of trait points worth of vitality, 20 worth of toughness. Whenever we are in a hard fight, I'm always the last one to die. I also do the most rezzing (which I should be, I have traits for it). Utilize your combo fields. Pay attention to attack animations. Use your stuns and interrupts. A friend was telling me something neat about hammer warriors the other day. Even though bosses are mostly immune to effects such as the knock down or stuns, those attacks will still interrupt. So if you never use those types of attacks cause you think the boss is immune, try them out to interrupt.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby melisandyr » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:50 pm

I've been enjoying taking the game slowly and have just reached level 35.

I've gone as a human Guardian, and found that nearly everyone else is either a Guardian - not sure if this is people rolling a second character, or just me being biased. Might also be because I haven't ventured out of the human lands yet - I've just finished Gendarran Fields.

I like the crafting a lot, and the way transmutation works seems really smart too.
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:23 am

Gracerath wrote:I think the biggest reason people are having issues with dungeons is probably a factor of how they gear and spec. A LOT of people are neglecting stats like toughness and vitality and are going for straight dps in precision and power. I'm a support warrior with 30pts of trait points worth of vitality, 20 worth of toughness. Whenever we are in a hard fight, I'm always the last one to die. I also do the most rezzing (which I should be, I have traits for it). Utilize your combo fields. Pay attention to attack animations. Use your stuns and interrupts. A friend was telling me something neat about hammer warriors the other day. Even though bosses are mostly immune to effects such as the knock down or stuns, those attacks will still interrupt. So if you never use those types of attacks cause you think the boss is immune, try them out to interrupt.

This.
</dungeons>

Dungeons are the raids of GW2, some of them are easy, some of them are hard - but in the end, it all comes down to having a good group and making sure you're using your characters to their potential (both as individuals and combined). I've stacked a lot of toughness on my Necromancer as well, which along with the defence from minions and effective Death Shroud management means I can survive most things - plus pack quite a punch by triggering Lich Form!

The game is still fairly new, but different guides are already popping up around the internets - might be worth having a looksie if you're unsure about your class or the general combat mechanics (combos what what!?!?).
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:28 pm

For me the issue wasn't difficulty, we didn't seem to have any issues with that. Though if we had, that would have been really frustrating. To me it just seemed like it was a giant mess. The gameplay itself wasn't fun. I do have a few toughness/vitality pieces and used more support skills, and we also had a guardian that was spec'd for support. That's likely why we did fine, but even with that, it was not fun.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games