Remove Advertisements

Guild Wars 2

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby aureon » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:21 am

if you want karma, WvW is probably the way to get it, tbh.
aureon

Postby Era » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:37 am

I mostly play PvE in MMOs (only PvP I've properly enjoyed was organized 2v2 and 3v3 Arena in WoW), however after a trip into WvW to gain my monthly bonus (50 kills), I have to say I actually quite enjoyed it! Though, my server (Desolation) is a brutal steamroller of other worlds - so that might be part of why I had a good first experience. :roll:

But yeah, if you're a person who don't like PvP, you might want to give WvW a try! Just try to stick together with the majority groups and don't get left behind by the flock. Then the wolves will hunt you down. :wink:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Arkesh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:49 am

Era wrote:But yeah, if you're a person who don't like PvP, you might want to give WvW a try! Just try to stick together with the majority groups and don't get left behind by the flock. Then the wolves will hunt you down. :wink:

This pretty much. I didn't really like pvp in WoW, I took part in it from time to time, normally for achievements. I've really enjoyed WvW even though my server is consistanly last place as my guild seems to be the only one who tries to organise it. The rest of Ring of Fire look a lot like this (side note, he was my teacher several years ago). I can only hope we finally get matched against similar servers "soon."

I tried a little of sPvP but from my experience it's full of elitist pricks (15 year olds who swear excessively everytime you do something), so unless you play HoN, LoL or DoTA I'd avoid it until you can field a 5 man team of friends.
Arkesh

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 am

i used to enjoy bgs alot in wow, esp AV and IoC so the larger scale conquest style play would seem to appeal to me

the sad thing is though the only time i have ever seen my server not be the top on is late one night, and while watching, we took over something else that would put us in the lead within 2 score tallies

eventually i would love to get in WvW and play support on my engineer, so having it be a way to get karma is just a boost imo

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Gracerath » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:17 pm

I think the server matching is kicking in pretty well, at least for Yak's Bend. The last few days the battle has been reasonably even as far as score goes. The pie chart is more or less equal in 3 parts, perhaps 10-20k points in score difference from eachother and not the 250k+ curb stomp it was before.

I really do think they need to adjust karma prices. Nearly 10k for a level 40 weapon is indeed a bit silly. None of the skins are all that interesting. Unless they give us a reason to actually want to collect them (like an updated Hall of Monuments or +1 achievements for buying it or a particularly awesome skin) I can see myself safely passing on all cultural weapons. I'm glad that all the armor appears to be purchased with gold. I especially like the teir 1 and 2 norn cultural sets. A friend of mine just had to show off her "red riding hood" outfit :P This is certainly a game that takes advantage of the vanity aspect.

I'm getting fed up with the constant inability to use the trading post. My crafting is at a total bottleneck for the 1-50 range. I spent 4 hours going back through the starter sylvari zone, walking everywhere, never using a waypoint, killing everything along the way and I got enough materials for maybe 3 combines. (8 fine crafting materials per combine sure feels stupid). I got several partial stacks of materials for the next level of crafting ready to go... if I could ever get past this first hump.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Eltiana wrote:
Flex wrote:Banning players for the developer's mistakes isn't something I'm keen on.
Why? Sure the developers made the mistake, but it was the players who chose to take advantage of that mistake.

If I leave my wallet in a store by accident, that is my mistake. If someone chooses to pickup and walk away with my wallet, it was my mistake that led up to that occurrence, but it doesn't make that person who walked away with my wallet any less an asshole.

Poor analogy. Better analogy. A store leaves the wrong sale sign up instead of 2 for 1 like it should be it is listed at 5 for 1. Every retail establishment I have worked at honored the wrong sale price to the customer and then removed the sign.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:19 pm

Gracerath wrote:I think the server matching is kicking in pretty well, at least for Yak's Bend. The last few days the battle has been reasonably even as far as score goes. The pie chart is more or less equal in 3 parts, perhaps 10-20k points in score difference from eachother and not the 250k+ curb stomp it was before.

I really do think they need to adjust karma prices. Nearly 10k for a level 40 weapon is indeed a bit silly. None of the skins are all that interesting. Unless they give us a reason to actually want to collect them (like an updated Hall of Monuments or +1 achievements for buying it or a particularly awesome skin) I can see myself safely passing on all cultural weapons. I'm glad that all the armor appears to be purchased with gold. I especially like the teir 1 and 2 norn cultural sets. A friend of mine just had to show off her "red riding hood" outfit :P This is certainly a game that takes advantage of the vanity aspect.

I'm getting fed up with the constant inability to use the trading post. My crafting is at a total bottleneck for the 1-50 range. I spent 4 hours going back through the starter sylvari zone, walking everywhere, never using a waypoint, killing everything along the way and I got enough materials for maybe 3 combines. (8 fine crafting materials per combine sure feels stupid). I got several partial stacks of materials for the next level of crafting ready to go... if I could ever get past this first hump.

MY SERVER IS KICKING YOUR SERVERS ASS!

:shock: :?
*clears throat*

as far as crafting, as long as you are just looking for discoveries, go to the western end of the Norn starting area, you can fam Sons of Salvyr and get a ton of tiny totems, plus cloth leather and metal, as well as baggies of goodies (pile of shiny dust?)
(btw i really cant wait for someone to take that out of context! :twisted:)
there are several camps you can nuke down, and them the cave is basically one buig chain pull
i can clear it in about 3 min on my engineer with just aoe
the mobs are lvl 2 and you are down to 4 there, so easy killing

i have been looking for a place to get bone, blood, and poison sacks, but havent found a great farming place yet
just keep killing spiders and grubs for poison sacks, grubs are also great for bone oddly enough

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Still no GW2, we did 4 stores trying to get one. Something is SERIOUSLY fucked up down here.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:21 pm

1 1/2 hrs in WvW, gained 3.5k karma
level to 37, 4k karma...

/sigh

bldavis

Postby crazyharry » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:18 am

Dammit, we have been matched against a French server in WvWvW, they own the whole map before we are even out of bed. Going to have to try some of those 'tactics' I have been hearing people talk about :)
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby Arkesh » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Made about 2 gold in 2 hours on the trading post. I can never usually make money on the AH just by buying and reselling but arenanet's interface has made it easymode, now that we're into peak play time in europe it's slowed down with all the competition, but hopefully later tonight or early tomorrow I can start making more.
Arkesh

Postby Era » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Let's see some characters!

My Necromancer finally got some darker shades.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Arkesh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Iron Man - The Early Years

Kind of a mess atm, just using whatever I find that is decent. Almost 80 though, so I'll start being more fussy soon.
Arkesh

Postby Era » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 am

Bloody hell. :shock: :shock:

It's like the Iron Man, Juggernaut and Spawn had a massive lovechild. What is that set? :?:
Era

Postby Gracerath » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:42 am

Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games