Guild Wars 2

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:14 am

Levantine wrote:Greatsword mesmer is so much fucking fun omg. No idea what I'll be using for close range though. I'm thinking maybe sword/torch could be interesting.

:shock:
i forgot they can use torches
:?
*gets on eng to make one and try it out*

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby aureon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:00 am

to be honest, a rollback was probably more appropriated.
Character deletion, perhaps. permaban seems heavy.
72h+char deletion should've been the upper end.
aureon

Postby Gracerath » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:29 am

Apparently they are doing a one time appeal for this event only. You have to delete all the items you got via exploiting and somehow delete the currency you got (no idea how to delete currency) after they reinstate your account and if its not done within a reasonable amount of time, that will be that and you'll be perma banned.

I expected them to ease up a bit but I wasn't going to get overly upset about it. Don't exploit, don't get banned. It is that simple.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Pruke » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:18 am

I would like to see them add more bank space.
Pruke

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:03 am

This morning there was a widely-publicized, newly-introduced exploit in which specific cultural weapons were selling for one-thousandth of their normal price.

How would one know that this is an exploit and not some random one off special bonus?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Flex wrote:
This morning there was a widely-publicized, newly-introduced exploit in which specific cultural weapons were selling for one-thousandth of their normal price.

How would one know that this is an exploit and not some random one off special bonus?

if you see the price listed as one thing, buy asn item and notice that your currency level didnt change that much, and proceed to go oh hey this is cool! must be a special! and buy 150 of said item....

yeah, that makes one wonder

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 pm

bldavis wrote:
Flex wrote:

if you see the price listed as one thing, buy asn item and notice that your currency level didnt change that much, and proceed to go oh hey this is cool! must be a special! and buy 150 of said item....

yeah, that makes one wonder

I'm too lazy to read about a game I don't care about so the item in question was listed as X but sold for a lot less than X?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Arkesh » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Flex wrote:

I'm guessing you've not played the game. The green weapons from the early (level 10-20 say) karma vendors cost a few hundred karma. At level 40 they cost 9800 karma. There's just no way that anyone could think that the level 60 yellow weapons were meant to be 21 karma. Anyone buying them knew what they were doing.
Arkesh

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:35 pm

Arkesh wrote:
Flex wrote:

I'm guessing you've not played the game. The green weapons from the early (level 10-20 say) karma vendors cost a few hundred karma. At level 40 they cost 9800 karma. There's just no way that anyone could think that the level 60 yellow weapons were meant to be 21 karma. Anyone buying them knew what they were doing.

What was the listed price? If it was 21 Karma being banned in anyway for that is, IMO, complete overreaction. If it was selling for less than what it was listed at bans are borderline to me as well.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:48 pm

if it was just one or 2 items, i would agree
but i have heard of some of the ppl buying several hundred items, so they knew what they were doing, and thus bans were perfectly fine

should it have been so many permabans? prob not
but for those that grossly exploited should be banned

bldavis

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:55 pm

bldavis wrote:if it was just one or 2 items, i would agree
but i have heard of some of the ppl buying several hundred items, so they knew what they were doing, and thus bans were perfectly fine

If the listed price is what it was sold for they did absolutely nothing wrong though.
Flex

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:15 pm

Also a permanent ban for a game that is only 5 days old isn't that big of a deal.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:26 pm

Flex wrote:
bldavis wrote:if it was just one or 2 items, i would agree

If the listed price is what it was sold for they did absolutely nothing wrong though.

i agree, if it was sold at the listed price (of 21 karma)
if that is the case, than by all means WTF A-Net?

for those that are confused, karma are kinda like JP
you get them from doing "hearts" which are basically filler content between dynamic events, as well as dynamic events themselves
from PVE at low levels, you have gold (same copper, silver, gold levels as wow) and karma

my engineer is only 28 so i dont know about other currency at higher levels

bldavis

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:34 pm

Flex

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 pm

imho no, but it should still be reported as a query just because that seem REALLY cheap
(my 28 can by 3 of them at least)

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games