League of Legends

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: League of Legends

Postby Argali » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Levantine wrote:Ashe is best as AD isn't she? I've been going AD/Crit mostly with generally good results, hopefully I'm not doing it wrong though D:

I think Ashe is AD/crit/attack speed.
Argali

Postby Vixxy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:58 pm

I had an Ashe in one of my last games who sat on the sides trying to push towers (and doing badly) instead of really helping the team in team fights. The worst part was, she was our main carry and had a good 2-3 levels on their highest from early/mid game, and easily would have been the key to us winning the teamfights. I would have complained about it, but aside from her being a little out-of-it, she at least played Ashe really well, and her skillshots were amazing, and got one in on every fight from across the map.
Vixxy

Postby Levantine » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:33 pm

So I just played my first real game as Ashe, we won, but I was only 7/7/9. >: We had an amazing Sivir carry though (Gawd I hope that's the right term) that was amazing at being where she was needed and pushing the shit out of things. I definitely need to practice my skillshots. I got one or two from across the map, but I'm almost positive they were flukes. I spose I was better than their Ashe at least.
Levantine

Postby Vixxy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:18 pm

The last game I played was so much fun. I figured from the start we were going to get creamed. Not because we had a bad team...quite the opposite I soon realized, but because our team setup was really pretty bad. Our whole team was pretty squishy. I figured if we had a chance at all it'd have to be an early victory, since our first few team fights were pretty nasty. Either we initiated and the first one or two people to run in got creamed, or they initiated against us as we were trying to kite them away and anyone who straggled behind got creamed. Luckily we adapted pretty quick, and after that point most of the team fights we managed to swing in our favor by catching them in a 3v5 or 4v5 and kiting each guy in different directions through brush. Took significantly longer to kill any one person, but prolonged fights is where Soraka really shines, since I could pop one or two heals or infuses on a teammate, run to another to do the same, run back to the other, and our team would win most fights that way. If I was lucky I could even get a couple enemies on me, and just starfall spam them as I ran around and there's not a whole lot they can do to kill me, especially now that I just got Flash (kiting 4 of them out of their base by flashing past the wall and into my whole team waiting was so funny).

They did manage to ace us once, and push to destroy an inhibitor, but just before that our Shaco had been in their base and destroyed two inhibitors just before dying, so just by being able to push all three lanes of creeps we kept them in their base until we could pick them off one at a time and win, even though we lost horribly in overall kills and creeps.
Vixxy

Postby Arnock » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Started playing around with ryze, and I'm not doing too bad. I'm just not playing defensively enough. Need to remember not to initiate.

Started off in a practice game against bots to get a feel for the toon, and I was able to get a snare->debuff->ignite/nuke combo down to where I was one shotting all the bots.

Moved onto a real game, and I did... alright. Died early on so I started off with a bit of a disadvantage. wound up mostly harassing. Overall kept playing too agressively and getting creamed. 2/8/5 or something along those lines at the end.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Levantine » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Ryze who stands still nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom
Levantine

Postby Hayz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 pm

My best game as shaco so far, we got creamed because someone disconnected and came back about 6 levels below everyone, and the guy taking center lane got DESTROYED by a teemo, both feeding at about 20 deaths, still we managed to hold them for a good while, it became a fight a lot of times between myself and the akali or the master yi, including at one point taking them both down, akali with my clone and yi one my own, i was chasing yi and akali chasing me, i took him down, she killed my clown as i deceived away and the clone explode killed her, it was a beautiful thing at level 13.
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Levantine » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:36 am

Man, I love it when people bitch and moan because a new player isn't able to hit a moving target from the other side of the field. Here's a tip, if you're going to be THAT elitist, maybe you should boost your ELO a little bit so you don't have to play with me. It wasn't like I was even feeding them, fuck.
Levantine

Postby Vixxy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:00 am

Levantine wrote:Man, I love it when people bitch and moan because a new player isn't able to hit a moving target from the other side of the field. Here's a tip, if you're going to be THAT elitist, maybe you should boost your ELO a little bit so you don't have to play with me. It wasn't like I was even feeding them, fuck.

I've been in a few games where people don't realize that not everyone has been playing 15 games a day for the past 2 months, and had been playing DotA for years before that. Mostly they just start bitching if they're getting killed themselves, usually because they're being an ass in chat and the other team just focuses them first because of it.

I've noticed the biggest factor in winning or losing in the early levels is just whether or not your team has any synergy whatsoever. I can play the exact same way two games in a row, and if I have a good team the first game I'll be able to do better myself, whereas if the rest of the group sucks, doesn't call MIA's or stick together, I get creamed. It doesn't help that I am usually heading in to every team fight, and get focused as soon as I leave the brush when I'm Soraka. So if my team is good, I get tons of kills and assists. If they're bad, I'm usually getting quite a few more deaths that the idiot who sits in a lane all game or runs from teamfights to go kill the low level wolves in the jungle, then runs away to the base for the next 5 minutes to complain that everyone else died.
Vixxy

Postby Levantine » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:05 am

Actually he was getting splattered a bit. I dunno, maybe I was too busy avoiding the enemy's Ashe and Shen to fire my stun across an entire field to save his sorry ass.
Levantine

Postby Argali » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:50 am

This is why I hate Ashe players; Skillshots take a lot of skill, which they probably don't have, and she's not got a lot in way of actual dps skills. Built in slow can be replicated with an item/lizard, volley does so little dps until you stack your damage, and it's high enough level to be "spammable", yet every Ashe player thinks mid is their birth right.

There's a lot of characters that are better mid IMO, but try telling that to the typical Ashe player.
Argali

Postby Levantine » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:02 am

If it makes you feel any better, I fucking hate going mid. I always feel completely out of my depth in mid and would much rather be top or bottom harassing. It's not like I'm exactly slow with my levelling, I'm a damn sight better at harassing than most of the enemy champions I come across, and I last hit well enough that I can generally get decked pretty quickly and start to lay down the pain.

I'm not a TERRIBLE shot with my arrow either, I just can't launch it to the entire other side of the field with any accuracy just yet.
Levantine

Postby Argali » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:35 am

Certain personality stereotypes seem to plague certain characters xD

Every Nidalee I've seen has been a lone wolf/no teamplay at all/charges into 3v1 and expects to win then rages at us for not providing support when she dies, without exception.
Argali

Postby Levantine » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:43 am

Is that like how every Eve I've seen seems to have ingested quite an amount of lead based paint in their youth?
Levantine

Postby cds4850 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:58 am

I just downloaded this last night, going to put a little time in this weekend (but man... my DK is ALMOST 80 and ready to put on a shit ton of crafted/BoE hotness)

The other guys I run with have suggested I start playing Ashe, as Lev is. We'll see how this foray into LoL/DoTAjr. goes. I pretty much expect to be back in WoW in record time.
cds4850

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games