League of Legends

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: League of Legends

Postby Levantine » Sun May 30, 2010 7:44 am

So I decided to try something new, and I'm having fun with Sivir. I'm horrible at the LoL metagame though, so I have no goddam idea if she's any good or not, but it's lulzy.
Levantine

Postby Argali » Sun May 30, 2010 8:00 am

Levantine wrote:So I decided to try something new, and I'm having fun with Sivir. I'm horrible at the LoL metagame though, so I have no goddam idea if she's any good or not, but it's lulzy.

Metagame, lulz.

Until you get good, people seem to just pick whoever they like, ignoring team synergy, and as always, you see more of the week's free heroes crop up.

I don't like Sivir, she's boring. Don't confuse boring with bad though. That boomerang thin and bounce on auto attacks makes me RAAAAGGGEEE!
Argali

Postby Donut » Sun May 30, 2010 11:41 am

Sivir is great heavy ranged support and her spell shield gives her a good amount of survivability in small fight situations. Although her op glaive can hit for 600 damage, it's her ability to grant her whole team huge move speed and attack speed bonuses that can result in very one sided team fights where your team is way too fast to be killed and their team is too slow to run away - this makes her a very desirable hero.

Annie's primary play style involves running out of a bush dropping every spell she has and then running away before the stun wears off.Even though the ap ratio of each of her individual spells is not amazing the fact that when properly used all three of her nukes will hit back to back within a second or so gives her full combo over a 2.0 ap ratio. If you are fed this combo will essentially 1 shot people if you are packing enough ability power. If you arnt, you probably still blew away half their hp - the key is catching several opponents in a Tibbers stun and unloading on them after wards. A quick tip for her: instead of getting her single target nuke first get her aoe cone of fire and use it a few times at your fountain before the game starts - then at level 1 try to catch one or both of the opponents in the cone for a level 1 stun auto attack a few times and you will find that a half hp enemy is quite a bit less aggressive giving you a farming advantage for a few creep waves.

The Bottom line is this: unless you are playing at high ELO's (which you don't really see until you get 2-300 wins under your belt) there are not really super weak and super strong heroes because the paradigm is so varied from game to game at early levels; one match you may have great coordination in the next the other team may have a guy that dies 20+ times and any hero you picked would have owned. The widely accepted hero rankings only come into play later on when you actually use the pregame lobby to discuss strats. Pick a hero that you enjoy and play that instead of a hero that people tell you is good.

Maintenance is on Weds and they usually switch out new heroes at that time but not always. Also, their stated plan is to introduce a new hero every 2 weeks and make it free to play the second week after its release.

Don't know what level you guys are but when I get back home in a few days it would be cool to hookup for a few premades - I run with a few RL friends with vent and everything and an organized team really makes it more fun imo.
Donut

Postby Vixxy » Sun May 30, 2010 2:19 pm

I'm just 8 or 9 now, but I'm sort of trying to hold back on leveling too much so that I don't find myself biting off more than I can chew at once.

I decided to try out Soraka a few games. I'm not sure if I'm really getting the hang of it or not, but the last game I played we won in a 4v5 against our favor. There seems to be quite a few big egos in this game, and a lot of inter-team raging going on in chats, but for the most part I find everyone is pretty nice and offers some good tips as long as you don't do anything really stupid. The two semi-premades I found myself thrown into were especially polite with asking me to do certain things.

Also, Ashe is such a pain in the ass.

edit: Just played another as Soraka. the most fun game I've had yet. It was really intense from the beginning. We had our Ashe d/c mid game, so we were 4v5'ing it for a while, only managing to hold them off by killing stragglers who didn't stay with their pack. Eventually both sides pushed a last turret (us mid, them top), but by luck we killed their inhibitor just as our turret went down, and Ashe rejoined in our base and manged to push them back from killing our inhibitor. By the end the other team had ace'd us 4 or 5 times, and I figured we were done for. But by some insane luck, the first push we made after I had bought a Guradian's Angel (I think it's called. The item that revives you once) we chased them to their base, they attacked us at the inhibitor and killed off two of our guys, killed me, I revived, group healed and we managed to come back and ace them. It was just long enough for us to kill the two turrets around their node, but before we could do anything about that they rezzed and wiped us out, at which point they split up into an offense and defense group, and by the end neither team had inhibitors up and by the time we could make a final push, both sides had inhibitors respawn 2 or 3 times each. It was an amazing match. I feel we were outplayed skillwise, but a bit of luck and strategy gave us the win.

Sadly the stats didn't go through for some reason and it isn't showing up on my profile. I'm hoping it was just delayed and will show up next time I log in, but I'm not sure how their database works, if it doesn't count if something errors out.
Vixxy

Postby Levantine » Sun May 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Rofl, so I just decided to try playing defensively in my latest Sivir bender instead of running head first into the fray. It turns out that starting out defensively and farming teh goldz makes Sivir fucking mean by the end of it, especially when you're leveling faster than everyone else.

<3 Melting towers and using waves of creeps to regen (I've been trying out a haste/lifesteal item setup, dunno if that's normal or not)
Levantine

Postby Argali » Mon May 31, 2010 2:59 am

Try http://www.leaguecraft.com for guides and shit. Take everything with a grain of salt though, people make weird item choices in guides.

If you get life steal from each bounce, attack speed/life steal/crit sounds awesome.
Argali

Postby Levantine » Mon May 31, 2010 3:16 am

I'm 99% sure I was getting life back from each bounce, I'll play around with it some more.

Boomerang is <3 though too.
Levantine

Postby Arnock » Mon May 31, 2010 8:39 am

Levantine wrote:Rofl, so I just decided to try playing defensively in my latest Sivir bender instead of running head first into the fray. It turns out that starting out defensively and farming teh goldz makes Sivir fucking mean by the end of it, especially when you're leveling faster than everyone else.

<3 Melting towers and using waves of creeps to regen (I've been trying out a haste/lifesteal item setup, dunno if that's normal or not)

I generally go with haste/life steal/attack damage, gotten to the point where I can solo a pack of creeps with a cannon, and still come out with more health than I started with.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Hayz » Mon May 31, 2010 8:51 am

I've been playing with akali, getting fairly effective with her in mid game and late game, not always great synergy at random matches, but i can work in fairly well in team fights. Whether that means knocking out their hardest hitting squishy or picking off people that run with shadow dance, even in a losing game i end up with about 8-15 kills, 4-6 deaths, in a team that works well together i can hit 20+ kills and 4-5 deaths. I usually start with longsword and a health pot for laning, once i hit 6 (hopefully with first blood thrown in somewhere) i secure the lane before porting back for either a sheen or a phage depending on how much im being focused. i usually lane until about 9, ganking when i can now that i have full capabilities. after that ill start jungling for a bit or find people to pick off. Once i can, i get a trinity force and usually a pair of ninja tabi unless theres a lot of CC on the enemy team causing me problems. If the game lasts long enough i'll pick up a rageblade for turret killing and higher health targets. Once it hits late game and becomes mostly team fights, I'll either break off to push or defending a second lane or circle around where the other 4 are pushing and hit a squishy character from the side or behind while everyone is distracted. Circling around behind the cluster of their team also means that with a shadow dance and mark i can usually drop someone who was running away with low health.

I really want to try some of the other assassin characters now, does anyone know what day the heroes change?
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Argali » Mon May 31, 2010 10:07 am

As mentioned, it seems to be after the downtime on Wednesday, though for some reason, the EU servers haven't rotated yet, possibly due to the server migration.
Last edited by Argali on Mon May 31, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Argali

Postby Donut » Mon May 31, 2010 11:02 am

Aw man Argali you're on EU?

And lifesteal only procs on Sivir's first attack not the bounces and since the bounces do a percentage of base damage even on crit, atk speed, lifesteal, damage, and arm pen are the way to go.
Donut

Postby Euphoria » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 am

Argali wrote:The n00b heroes tend to be <1k, and the really really awesome ones tend to be 6k. It does encourage you to cough money up to get heroes fast, but I've had iron willpower and only own 3 heroes.

Don't worry about points, until you get to summoner lvl 20, and you need runes that cost a tonne, you get a lot of leftover points tbh. I'm summoner level 19, bought Annie for 1k, Katarina for 3k, Akali for 3k, just tier 1 runes, got 5k+ sitting around atm, about 3 games a day.

The easier to play heroes are cheaper. The harder to play ones are more expensive. Twitch sucks in higher ELO and he's 6300. Ashe is viable in higher ELO (even though she's squishy) and she's only like 450.

Mordekaiser is worth his weight in gold though. I <3 my morde.
Euphoria

Postby Hayz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:04 am

Whats your guys thoughts on evelyn if anyone has tried her yet
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Argali » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Evelyn tends to be the choice of retards, and when you see one on your team, you usually lose.

Except that 1 in 100 game where you get a kick ass one who ganks and ganks and ganks <level 6, but that's as rare as volcanic explosions distrupting air travel.
Argali

Postby Aubade » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:47 pm

New Champs today. Kickin ass as Master Yi. Saving up for my dear Akali back.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games