League of Legends

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: League of Legends

Postby Euphoria » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:03 am

And then you get stunned and your ult is wasted.

Malzahar suffers from the same problems Mordekaiser does, namely, half of his abilities can be cleansed. This pretty much forces you to take ignite for a summoner spell.
Euphoria

Postby Vixxy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:31 am

I admit I only saw a few Malzahar's right after he came out, and none since. I'm significantly more impressed with Olaf though. I've seen a few that put out some insane hurt. I was afraid to be too aggressive against him laning, and there are few champions that I don't push all the way to their tower to starve them of last-hits as Soraka.

Just had one of my more impressive games I think. Ended with 7 killing blows (my most as Soraka in a non-roflstomp match) and 17 or 18 some assists. What was really impressive was we had 3 tanky champions (mundo, sion, and a singed) and our ranged carry (Tristana) was usually slightly late to the teamfights, so I was always focused first, but only finished with 5 deaths, less than everyone except our Trist. The even more impressive thing is that the other team was a pretty impressive partial premade, consisting of one of the best Shaco's I've seen yet (I think he had 3, if not 4, of the 5 deaths on me), a rather unimpressive Cho'gath (not bad...just nothing great), and a Katarinna who seem to know what she was doing. I missed silencing her ult twice, but both times it was only used against myself and mundo, and we both just outran it. A few times before that I did manage to silence it pretty quickly, something I've been trying to work on.
Vixxy

Postby Pallywhackr » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:29 am

Euphoria wrote:And then you get stunned and your ult is wasted.

Malzahar suffers from the same problems Mordekaiser does, namely, half of his abilities can be cleansed. This pretty much forces you to take ignite for a summoner spell.

I rarely ulti in team battles with him unless the fight is going in our favor...and that's usually to halt enemies trying to flee. It's also useful when trying to make an escape, as the stun remains on my target even if I stop the channel.

My summoner spells depend on if I'll be soloing a lane in the beginning or not, if I'm not I go Ignite/Ghost and if I am Clarity/Ghost. I'm usually found covering the middle solo so I usually take Clarity, with Clarity I can handle the middle for a VERY long time. And since Malzahar's ulti is his only real escape mechanism I prefer to keep Ghost out there just in case.

I got fucked up by Katarina so many times when I first started playing this game that I derive very sick pleasure from interrupting her ulti. :lol:
Pallywhackr

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:20 am

WHY AM I SO BAD AT HON

RAWR
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Vixxy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:06 am

Holy. Shit. Kennen.

Had a game where our Kennen completely DOMINATED. He had 7 kills before anyone else got their first, and the other team wasn't exactly bad. We pushed a hard and fast win though, even skipping over a few turrets accidentally to get some kills off chasers and ended up pushing ones further along with our minions killing the ones behind us.
Vixxy

Postby Levantine » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Kennen has some amazing burst. o.O
Levantine

Postby Argali » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Kennen is good on prolonged fights due to his stun, he's not much of a danger if you can back off after he does his mini combo that gets 2 marks of storm on you. I died a lot to the first Kennen I met, but after that not so much.
Argali

Postby aranil » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:09 pm

trying out Tristana. the rocket jump/blastershot thing is really kinda cool, keep shoving people towards turrets or into creeps.
aranil

Postby Vixxy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:04 pm

I had a game with some awkwardly nice people. My lanemate and I were having some real problems. He kept being reckless and dying, and I kept dying as a result. Either from trying to keep him up too long and getting pulled away from my turret, or retreating to the turret and then the other team just tower-diving and stun-combo'ing me. Either way, we basically fed the top until we gave up the turret and moved to more team-fights. Figured the game wasn't going well, but we held on for a bit, and neither of us were ever criticized for dying. Quite the opposite. I was complimented and thanked multiple times after teamfights for the good playing and heals. We rocked a couple teamfights even with the fed players and they surrendered early.
Vixxy

Postby aranil » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Okay, noob question, what does fed mean?
aranil

Postby Levantine » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 am

You get a bunch of xp and gold for killing another player. When your opponent in the lane you happen to be in is horrible and you kill them repeatedly whenever you see them and they can't touch you, they're effectively feeding you xp and gold to more quickly progress your toon at the same time, stunting their own character's growth and wealth.
Levantine

Postby Levantine » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:20 am

So I got Kayle on a whim and she's actually pretty interesting now that they changed her passive.

I felt pretty strong being able to do some respectable damage while having my ulti hanging around for the carry and spot healing people.
Levantine

Postby Euphoria » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:09 am

Had a team last night with Morde (me), Kayle, Olaf, Trynd, and Zilean. Our Trynd was a damage machine in the hands of a very reckless player. Olaf sucked, and Zilean was just there. Kayle and I each took a lane and it took at least 3 people to drop either of us. I think our Kayle ended up with 3 towers destroyed and 12 kills, I went 14/4/10 with another few towers. Our Trynd ended up 18/14/9 or something stupid like that.

Either way, Kayle is a nasty pusher and can actually KILL people now. I was impressed.
Euphoria

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:07 am

Not gonna lie Tristanna is really OP lategame
Lightbeard

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:09 am

I'm trying to decide what hero to buy first with IF points. I wanted Twitch but he costs so damn much I'm not gonna bother. I'm going to buy a 1350 hero before a 3150 I'm trying to decide between Fiddlesticks, Sion, or Dr.Mundo
Last edited by Lightbeard on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lightbeard

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:10 am

aranil wrote:Okay, noob question, what does fed mean?

It means that someone died to a person to much they gave them a bunch of levels and items.
Lightbeard

Postby Vixxy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:20 am

Got into a game with some random partial premade, and we did pretty well. Lost one or two towers, but once we started pushing it snowballed from there. They had a REALLY annoying Eve but we managed to shut her down. The great thing was, the game after that, I ended up playing against those same guys on the partial premade, and we utterly facerolled them. Our Shaco was a ganking nightmare, and our Annie did some amazing stuff herself. Myself and a Cho laned together and we did some pretty nasty pushing to shut down one of their stronger players early, and even have 4 or 5 kills before we moved on to teamfights. The best part was it put me up to a +15 w/l ratio both overall and with Soraka alone, which I'm pretty proud of since I only tend to play 2 or 3 games a day.
Vixxy

Postby Vixxy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:22 am

Lightbeard wrote:I'm trying to decide what hero to buy first with IF points. I wanted Twitch but he costs so damn much I'm not gonna bother. I'm going to buy a 1350 hero before a 3150 I'm trying to decide between Fiddlesticks, Sion, or Dr.Mundo

Of those I hate seeing a Fiddlesticks the most (on the enemy team, I mean), but he's pretty easy to shut down if he doesn't go mid or is denied a lot laning. Never seen a really impressive Sion, but Mundo can do some really nice damage. I've personally not tried any of them yet.
Vixxy

Postby Argali » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:44 am

Trist is a carry. Carry heroes tend to be OP mid to late game.
Argali

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:59 pm

I know just saying I hate that midget :(

I've been playing Nasus and I'm really loving him right now.

Friday or Saturday we need a Maintankadin game
Lightbeard

Postby Aubade » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Lightbeard wrote:Friday or Saturday we need a Maintankadin game

You really wanna get wrecked that bad?

Either way, i'm down. but we need a time.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
- Aubade Level 88+ Blood Elf Paladin - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbade Level 85+ Blood Elf Death Knight - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbabe Level 85+ Undead Mage - BloodScalp - Casual
Aubade

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Aubade wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:Friday or Saturday we need a Maintankadin game

You really wanna get wrecked that bad?

Either way, i'm down. but we need a time.

I think I'm going to find out why ur called Awbad :)

Do you think we should make a new post to setup games or something?
Lightbeard

Postby Argali » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Dirty US players.
Argali

Postby aranil » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Argali wrote:Dirty US players.

I just had my annual bath!
aranil

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:28 pm