Isn't the cap 2.5 AS?
Levantine

Re: League of Legends

Postby Argali » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:44 am

2.5 is the cap, unless it was an undocumented change with the latest patch :S
Argali

Postby Vixxy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 am

It seems there are some pretty crazy people that play this time of morning. My lane partner is the last match I played almost got himself killed three times before the game even started, by running into the bushes, back to the tower, back to the bushes, etc. The funny thing is, he was the only one that ended the match with 0 deaths. He didn't do a lot, but we won, and he did push one or two towers, as well as the final push to make them surrender.

I played the most aggressive Soraka I have yet, and it really showed, although I admit that neither team was real spectacular. Ended with something like 7 kills, 2 deaths, and 16 or 17 assists in a 30 minute game that had *ONE* real teamfight. Which actually worked out well for our tam comp. It was more or less both sides playing tug-of-war in the middle lane with 3 or 4 people at most at a time, but with no real battles, and one or two people hopping out to try and push the side lanes. The only real fights were usually weird chases through the jungle, and for once I was able to push lanes and level pretty significantly pretty quickly every time my Ult wasn't on cooldown, and I could be more than a few seconds away from my team without worrying about them dying.
Vixxy

Postby Hayz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Mightve gotten it backwards and it was like 2.47, either way it was fast, it almost messed up te graphics and sound it was flying quite quickly.
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Vixxy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Played a game where an Akali and myself as Soraka forced a double rage-quit in the bottom lane against a Cho'gath and a Veiger. A good thing too, since our "first blood; double kill" on the bottom was shortly followed by a double kill for the other team on top, and a gank in mid on our Ashe, who was a complete newbie to the game. Our Mundo was pretty terrible as well, always running away from teamfights, but our Katarinna was pretty decent from what I can tell, she just played too aggressively and had bad luck with a lanemate which caused her death. Went 4/0/10 in a 21 minute game. The client crashed before I could see stats but our Akali must have been something like 12/0/8, which for such a short game (and two ragequits) is very impressive.
Vixxy

Postby Euphoria » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:16 am

I had a game last night laning with a Shaco top. We got a double kill before minions and proceeded to do the same thing to them (Karthus and Heimer) two more times. We had six kills in top pre-level 6 before they sent help up. So then we destroyed their tower. One of the very few games I've rushed a frozen mallet as a tank and had it at 11 minutes in.

Think I ended at 14/2/10 as a tank.

Then I played another game, somebody picked Morde so I had to play Ez. And, of course, they were a 5-man premade. I had the best ratio on our team and I was 4/8.

Ugh.
Euphoria

Postby Levantine » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:51 am

Does it count as a Kill Steal if it's from the other side of the map with skillshot and I was aiming for someone else that moved?
Levantine

Postby Vixxy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:55 am

Tried a practice game as Pantheon and hated it. My ELO must be getting up there because I keep winning with pretty terrible teams against noticeably better teams just because a team with Soraka > team without Soraka. It's really that simple X.x

Pop your ult heal as soon as the AoEs in a teamfight start, and even if you don't have good focus fire on their carries or they have superior survivabilty, chances are you'll get more kills just because they have to blow through nearly two lifebars, especially if anyone uses Heal.

Finally getting really good with Flash too. I managed to run 4 enemies around the map forever by using Flash at the right time.

Now if only I could find a tank that I can stand playing. My last game had all ranged carries except for myself as Soraka and an Alister, and I admit I was quite impressed with him. With most Alister's I've seen so far, I've felt like I was playing with/against an Alister Bot. Him and I pushed the top lane so well their Amumu just left and went to jungle. Even survived a 4 man gank long enough for the rest of our team to cross the map and slaughter what was left of them.

Levantine wrote:Does it count as a Kill Steal if it's from the other side of the map with skillshot and I was aiming for someone else that moved?

I'm surprised I've never seen anyone complain about Kill Stealing. I really doubt it's because everyone thinks "as long as it's good for the team it's good for me!"
Vixxy

Postby Levantine » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:03 am

Lol, they didn't call out killsteal or anything, I actually got a "lol gg ashe" from the corki in chat for it.

The best part was that the character I missed was standing right fucking next to me. Sometimes I think it's harder to hit someone at that kind of range than it is from the other end of a lane.
Levantine

Postby Hayz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 am

Just played a 3v3 as fate with a teemo and a nassus against sion heimer cho'gath and went 18/9/8 and blow up 7 buildings. The best part of that game though was when we had had been pushed back and held at the steps while they let inhibs respawn, all the turrets were down, so i bought a guardian anel, gated in, and backdoored their nexus from 3/4. By the time they realized what was going on and ran back from fighting my team mates at the steps, it was too late, i got hit once right as i threw the last card to blow up the nexus. They were really pissed, i thought it was great.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Hayz

Postby Hayz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:29 pm

Question, as eve, does it count as a kill steal when my first attack out of stealth finishes someone off from half health?
OOM, pulling more trash.
Hayz

Postby Levantine » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Totally does cause you were purposefully attacking them.

Also, lol Eve.
Levantine

Postby Vixxy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:50 pm

I've seen one good Eve. We forced the other team to surrender early. I don't think I would have thought the same about that Eve if we had gone into full-on teamfights.
Vixxy

Postby Levantine » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:10 am

I met a mean Eve once. The next time I saw one I made sure I'd put wards down and pot shot her right out of stealth. GG Eve, GG.
Levantine

Postby Rothifer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:59 am

So far I have only played a few actual games and got slaughtered. That was just because I still didn't know what I was doing or even what type of character I would enjoy playing. Since my few humiliating defeats I tried out Master Yi. Can he really be that powerful playing against other people? I still play against bots only with Master Yi but ending the game with 27/0/0 with 300ish creatures killed and 7 buildings is insane! You shouldn't be able to kill turrets alone should you?
Too much talking here and not enough tanking. Stop the bitching and get tanking.

Barathorn
Rothifer

Postby Vixxy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:07 am

Had my first hour-long match. It was pretty brutal. Our Jax was off protecting bunnies during a few key teamfights early on, and really-really late game we just didn't stand a chance with our teamcomp. Too many supports and not enough "umph". Plus we had a Taric. I've never seen a Taric that looked like he knew what he was doing. All Taric's I've seen so far remind me of my friend who used to play a cleric in D&D; he was always too busy zoning off in his own little fantasy world to realize that the devil just materialized in the flesh and is t-bagging his wife.

Rothifer wrote:So far I have only played a few actual games and got slaughtered. That was just because I still didn't know what I was doing or even what type of character I would enjoy playing. Since my few humiliating defeats I tried out Master Yi. Can he really be that powerful playing against other people? I still play against bots only with Master Yi but ending the game with 27/0/0 with 300ish creatures killed and 7 buildings is insane! You shouldn't be able to kill turrets alone should you?

He can be, especially if he's fed. I've seen a few Yi's that single handedly win the game by solo'ing turrets and inhibitors late game while the rest of their team is defending. Don't get me wrong though, you'll never go 27/0/-- in a real match. At least, it's very unlikely. Bots are really stupid. They don't chase, and they never really run (at least not far). They also don't teamfight, which is the biggest difference between practice matches and real games.
Vixxy

Postby Argali » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Levantine wrote:Does it count as a Kill Steal if it's from the other side of the map with skillshot and I was aiming for someone else that moved?

What do you mean? You were purposefully aiming for that person, honestly!
Argali

Postby Levantine » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:26 pm

I totally was, you got me, it was alllllll in my plan for srs.

:3
Levantine

Postby Aubade » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Finally got enough IP to buy my akali back <3.... just finished an epic 5v5 game with yi that lasted almost an hour and 15 minutes. it ended with a 4v5 team match while i snuck in the back door and finished their nexus while they weren't looking.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
- Aubade Level 88+ Blood Elf Paladin - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbade Level 85+ Blood Elf Death Knight - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbabe Level 85+ Undead Mage - BloodScalp - Casual
Aubade

Postby Levantine » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Speaking of ninjas, I've seen a bunch of Shen's and a few Akali's, but no Kennen's? I know he's expensive and hasn't been free since I've been playing, but neither have a bunch of other characters I've seen.

E: Ohay he's free this week. Time to try him out since I r bad at Shen and Akali.
Levantine

Postby Argali » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Aubade wrote:Finally got enough IP to buy my akali back <3.... just finished an epic 5v5 game with yi that lasted almost an hour and 15 minutes. it ended with a 4v5 team match while i snuck in the back door and finished their nexus while they weren't looking.

Try reaching lvl 21, being able to get tier 3 runes, and finding out that each of the planned rune set-up for your characters cost 20k IP each.

The bane of free-to-play MMO subscription model.
Argali

Postby Hayz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Ive been having some success with eve actually, even when people buy wards and oracles elixir, you just have to be aware of what they're doing and know how best to counter that. If people are forgetting me some, I'll sneak in and finish them off from half health with a well placed ravage and ult chain, if they're using oracle I'll wait until they're distracted by minions or a fellow champ then open up on them or just go and solo push a tower with her ult. I have had some pretty insane kills, one of them being a 2 vs 3 against our favor, myself and a ryze against a full tank malph, an ashe, and a trist. I went in at about half health, hit the malph with stun from stealth, and moved on to the two carrys, ryze popped his ult and dropped malph and took the others to half, once malph died i was healed to full (love that part of her ability) and had taken down trist and had ashe at about 1/4, at which point she was easy for the two of us to finish off. Maybe my success is because im at a lower play level, but I've seen some very well played eve's. Its all about changing your playstyle based on the situation, and a lot of people just tunnel in on what they do in one situation the whole match. Built right, I've taken squishy champions down in 3 hits. Ravage has a nice AP ratio and at 18 well built i can hit ravage for about 700+, then 300+ from lich bane, and a few quick hits along with hate spike spam can drop a 1500-2k champ FAST

Edit: Anyone having trouble launching after the new patch? it gets stuck at copying 10% then freezes and closes with an error message...
OOM, pulling more trash.
Hayz

Postby wantpizza » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Mostly scrubby at this game still.

I like Sivir, Ashe and Poppy. Usually end with 2-5 kills & 10 deaths cause when I kill ppl twice the same way they notice me.

I really like Poppy's playstyle but most of the tanks on my team kinda suck and opponents like focusing the underlevelled melee dps smashing the squishy's faces.
wantpizza

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:50 pm

I haven't bought HON since the BETA ended so im playing LoL until I can get the money. My name is Bobdoyle and my summoner is Unclephillip if anyone wants to play sometime.
Lightbeard

Postby Pallywhackr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Anybody else enjoying Malzahar? Still working out some of the kinks, but I really enjoy playing him. Only thing I dislike is the fact that he channels his ulti (which has a low range), so I have to pop my other abilities before using my ulti...which against any good player will have outranged my ulti by the time I get everything I need up. Easiest way I've found to overcome this little issue is to stick my Malefic Visions on a minion and wait for it to jump to the nearest champion. Stick a Null Zone under them and it's Nether Grasp time!
Pallywhackr

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games