League of Legends

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: League of Legends

Postby Euphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:00 am

cds4850 wrote:I just downloaded this last night, going to put a little time in this weekend (but man... my DK is ALMOST 80 and ready to put on a shit ton of crafted/BoE hotness)

The other guys I run with have suggested I start playing Ashe, as Lev is. We'll see how this foray into LoL/DoTAjr. goes. I pretty much expect to be back in WoW in record time.

It's a lot more fun than it looks :) I cancelled my WoW account and started playing LoL pretty much exclusively.

If you're playing on the US servers add Johndrum, I'll play a practice game or two with you and show ya the ropes.
Euphoria

Postby cds4850 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:56 am

Euphoria wrote:It's a lot more fun than it looks :) I cancelled my WoW account and started playing LoL pretty much exclusively.

If you're playing on the US servers add Johndrum, I'll play a practice game or two with you and show ya the ropes.

Hah, we'll see. I might hit you up this weekend.
cds4850

Postby Donut » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Lotta "I rage cause cause other people rage at me" going on here it seems. It's probably cause you guys are just starting out, LoL has a much better community than HoN overall imo.
Donut

Postby Argali » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 pm

It's the curse of DotA! Snobbish elitist people being snobbish and elitist!

RAGGEEEE!
Argali

Postby Arnock » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:38 pm

So I just was in a group where absolutely noone was speaking english, caught a few NOOB and RYZE in the same sentence, so I could tell they weren't too impressed with my ability.

I would guess portugese, but not too sure.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Argali » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:04 pm

You sure they weren't going :

"Wow, this Ryze is awesome, n00bs should learn from him?"
Argali

Postby Arnock » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:15 pm

seeing as I was something like 1/4/3 that game, not so much.

However, just finished my best game yet, 12/4/9 tying for top kills and assists.

Liking this guy, getting the feel for ganking and nuking
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Levantine » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Donut wrote:Lotta "I rage cause cause other people rage at me" going on here it seems. It's probably cause you guys are just starting out, LoL has a much better community than HoN overall imo.

Hey now, I was excessively polite to the fuckbag in game, I just vent on maintankadin because I can.
Levantine

Postby Vixxy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm pretty quiet in-game. I lane where I'm asked to lane, and the only "advice" I try to give people is calling MIA's during early game or trying to get people to move when they've been standing in one place for too long late game. No movement = dead team, and a lot of people don't realize that yet.
Vixxy

Postby Hayz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:58 pm

I was in a game where there was great teamwork and communication, except i still got caught unaware because all 4 other people were a premade from Poland, and i dont speak polish very well, so all i caught was things like "du mie Ryze...." and then ryze shows up and destroys me... not a fun game, one person spoke enough english to go "yea, we're from poland."
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Vixxy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:56 am

A game I had earlier was with 3 or 4 of the other people on my team being all friends, but they weren't real good. Their Evelynn was decent, but the spent most of the match complaining that "we have to win in the next 5 or 10 minutes because so-and-so has to leave" instead of actually trying to win. Both sides were losing inhibitors and in the end the enemy TF went into our base and killed our nexus while the rest of us were in their base working on the same thing.

The game after that more than made up for it though. The other team was pretty good and I thought we were going to get stomped, but once we managed to shut down their TF and Kat we were able to push and they surrendered early, even though I think if they regrouped and countered us they could have aced us and made their own push. It felt pretty good when the other team started jokingly yelling at me in chat that I needed to stop healing so they could get more kills.
Vixxy

Postby Levantine » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:08 am

Totally just put two and two together with skillshot+teleport. Bahahahahahaha ganked.
Levantine

Postby Vixxy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:39 am

Had a pretty embarrassing team in a 4v5, in our favor. The other team outleveled us quickly as you'd imagine, and ganked the hell out of mid and bottom in early game. By the time it moved to team fights we were all around level 8-10 and they were 13-15. For a long time we couldn't go anywhere without getting our asses handed to us, even as a group, and someone on my team kept trying to forfeit. Luckily the first time someone on our team was d/c'ed for a moment, and his vote counted no, and I was the only other one to vote no. After that I managed to do enough burst healing in group fights to keep us up long enough to get a few key kills on their Evelynn and Ashe to bring us back into the game, and once we were back close in levels it was a pretty straightforward steamroll.

I've been trying a more offensive/support Soraka build and it seems pretty nice. I've also decided to try and learn a tanking champion, but haven't decided which one yet. Malphite(sp?) seemed pretty simple, but I don't think I've seen a *good* one anywhere yet. I heard Pantheon is liked by a lot of people, as is Shen, but I don't think the latter really fits my playstyle.
Vixxy

Postby Levantine » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:42 am

I've seen a couple of really good Shens around the place, so I thought I'd try it out. Yeah. I'm terrible at tanking characters in this game.

*hugs Ashe and Sivir*
Levantine

Postby Pallywhackr » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:06 am

I've been enjoying Pantheon recently, going to try out the new hero Malzahar soon.

Add "warangel120" and I'll be happy to play a game. :)
Pallywhackr

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games