Remove Advertisements

Mass Effect - Best RPG series of all time?

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Mass Effect - Best RPG series of all time?

Postby Vanifae » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 am

Dorvan wrote:Well, I sent Veetor to Cerberus, so that wouldn't have been an option for me. At any rate, I still had no problem with outing her father. Yes, I'm sure it was painful for her, but better to have everything out in the open and learn to deal with it than to allow the denial to persist.

I guess I disagree I go for the trust of my companions and I had the persuasion so I pulled it off anyways. I hated Cerberus and did all I could to fuck them over. Giving Veetor to the Migrant Fleet was an easy choice for me and I kept Kal alive. I owed them nothing, sure they brought me back, but only as a tool, and I got the job done then flipped them the bird.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Dorvan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 am

I've got no love for Cerberus either, I just figured that Veetor might have intel that would be important to saving the galaxy, which is what I'm trying to do after all. My character was definitely pissed when he saw what Cerberus had done to Veetor. I did keep Kal alive.

As far as trust of my companions...my Shepard wants to trust of his companions, but he's also able to take a long view of things. Given my options at that point, I wasn't about to let Tali throw her life away to preserve her idyllic view of someone who's dead.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 am

Vanifae wrote:Zaeed is awesome, plus his voice actor is like all over the place in Dragon Age.

Much love for Robin Sachs, but I found Zaeed kinda one-dimensional. All his dialogue was about reminding you that he's harder than a bag of hard things.

At the other end of the spectrum, every time I did anything outside the ship I'd be trotting back to visit Joker, Legion, Mordin and the engineers to see if I'd unlocked any new exchanges. :D
Arcand

Postby Vanifae » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:05 am

Mordin is a favorite of mine. The engineers were awesome. I liked Grunt and of course Tali. Jacob reminded me of my myself and Joker is always classic.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:45 am

Well Zaeed was epic: I view him as a combination of Canderous Ordo and HK-47. Easily one of the characters I liked the most, beyond Garrus/Tali/Legion. People don't like him because he is willing to let civilians die to kill Vido, but I do completly agree with him. You do not let the leader of the Blue Suns get away just to save a few lives.

Dorvan: Regarding Tali, I can say her trial posses an interesting moral question. Do you ignore the crimes Rael'Zorah did just because your friend asked you to and that the dead should not be spat upon, or do you show the evidence against the wishes of your friend, also stopping the war plans of the Quarians against the Geth by making Han'Gerrel and Xen lose their credibility.

I like and hate Tali at the same time. I hate the fact she is so fanatical about reclaiming her world, even though it would cost hundreds of thousands of Quarian lives, but I also admire her determination and selflessness with which she stands for her people. It sorta reminds of a relationship I had with a girl once, and as a good friend of mine said: The best relationships are ones where you can argue over things, not simply agree. I do find the whole Tali fanboys/girls thing disturbing though.

Grunt for me is just a FAR weaker copy of Wrex, not living up to the standard of sheer awesome that is the 1.000 year old merc. Legion is interesting, to say the least, and Garrus, well he is my brother in arms.
Io.Draco

Postby Njall » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 am

Vanifae wrote:Mordin

"What do you want?"
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Minnerva » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:45 am

Njall wrote:Or, of course, this.

i was looking at something to post about this game since i haven't played it only read about it. found this to go with your picture. thought you might get a laugh out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv3k52QOf8w

Minnerva

Postby Arcand » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:04 am

It's been posted before, but it hasn't stopped being awesome. Someone more imaginative than me could do a whole series of Interrupt cartoons like this and I think I'd love it. :D
Arcand

Postby Arcand » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:15 am

Io.Draco wrote:Well Zaeed was epic: I view him as a combination of Canderous Ordo and HK-47. Easily one of the characters I liked the most, beyond Garrus/Tali/Legion. People don't like him because he is willing to let civilians die to kill Vido, but I do completly agree with him. You do not let the leader of the Blue Suns get away just to save a few lives.

I guess I missed the part where the Blue Suns were worse than any of the other mercenary groups we've torn a hole through. Will they suddenly become the Eridani Light Horse* if we free them from Vido's evil influence, or something? :)

*An uncommonly ethical mercenary group from the Battletech universe
Arcand

Postby Njall » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:18 am

Stop.
Obscure geek point awarded: Arcand.
Resume Play.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 am

I guess I missed the part where the Blue Suns were worse than any of the other mercenary groups we've torn a hole through. Will they suddenly become the Eridani Light Horse* if we free them from Vido's evil influence, or something? :)

Not the point of why you should kill Vido. But removing the man in charge does score a serious hit against them.
Io.Draco

Postby Arcand » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:59 am

Io.Draco wrote:

Not the point of why you should kill Vido. But removing the man in charge does score a serious hit against them.

Removing the man in charge won't stop a moderately well organized recreational baseball team. Are you sure it'll stop a large mercenary organization? Deputy commander steps up, codes are changed, and their accountants do some paperwork.

It's barely possible, I guess, that you could set off a power struggle that makes them tear themselves apart, but an organization that unstable doesn't usually get big and famous and last twenty years.
Arcand

Postby Njall » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Arcand wrote:Removing the man in charge won't stop a moderately well organized recreational baseball team. Are you sure it'll stop a large mercenary organization? Deputy commander steps up, codes are changed, and their accountants do some paperwork.

It's barely possible, I guess, that you could set off a power struggle that makes them tear themselves apart, but an organization that unstable doesn't usually get big and famous and last twenty years.

Depends on the unit. Kill off Wolf and the Wolf's Dragoons are in trouble. He's pretty much indispensable. Kill off "The Captain" and the the next in line will make sure that the Black Company will still roll over you and piss on your graves. They'll be more thorough than they might have been about exterminating you though, so that's a plus. :D
Last edited by Njall on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Minnerva » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Io.Draco wrote:

Not the point of why you should kill Vido.........

But removing the man in charge does score a serious hit against them.

Minnerva

Postby Minnerva » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Njall wrote:Stop.
Obscure geek point awarded: Arcand.
Resume Play.

Minnerva

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games