Remove Advertisements

Star Wars; Old Republic

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Postby Aalryn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:07 pm

I just went out and -finally- bought mass effect for my 360 to get myself into the bioware spirit...

I think i'm going to wait until I finish Lost Odyssey first though.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Aldonza » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:59 am

Lightbeard wrote:Since they are adding bounty hunters it sucks that if they allow droids we won't be able to play as models like the IG series they'd probaly stick with the HK droids.

Instead of Bounty Hunters being Sith only it'd be cool if you were allowed to choose your side and take jobs from both sides.

The Trooper seems like early suit design for Clone/Storm Troopers

Was the IG series even developed way back then? There is a substantial time difference between KOTOR and the original trilogy. If the unit series hadn't been developed, then there is no sense for it to be there. Also, as cool as IG-88 was in Tales of the Bounty Hunter, HK > IG.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Elladan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:34 am

Fridmarr wrote:Props on that trailer though, it definitely got my attention.

It was stunningly well done indeed! Blew my mind first time I saw it

And I've also been looking forward to this game. Once I got the idea I knew every piece of the story and how the gameplay worked, I lost interest. Guess I need something new and how much deeper can a universe potentially be than Star Wars

I'm going backpacking through Latin-America for 8 months first, so don't make them rush it ;)
Elladan

Postby Isetnefret » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:12 am

LotRO is a good game. I still have an account. I just don't play for the simple fact that my social network is on WoW, and that's what makes it fun and holds my interest.
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby Aalryn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:49 am

Isetnefret wrote:LotRO is a good game. I still have an account. I just don't play for the simple fact that my social network is on WoW, and that's what makes it fun and holds my interest.

agreed. I really like how lotro handles their story telling. There isn't a lot to do in the game from an end game standpoint, but I still log on every few days to run a watcher and turtle raid. Plust the 9.99$ monthly fee is a nice break from the normal.

(currently i'm spending about an hour a day doing ixp and crafting solo instances to finish leveling my uber mini 1st age mace)

Aalryn

Postby Arnock » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Isetnefret wrote:LotRO is a good game. I still have an account. I just don't play for the simple fact that my social network is on WoW, and that's what makes it fun and holds my interest.

I wouldn't mind checking out LotRO, always was a big fan of tolkien.

Although I can't really afford to play 2 MMO's right now =/
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Arnock » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:44 pm

Now that I think about it, having a Jedi playable in the start would make a LOT more sense in this game than in SWG.

IIRC SWG takes place during the original trilogy, when jedi were next to extinct except for a few (like kenobi and yoda) that escaped the purge, so having thousands of people running around as jedi in game would be really stupid.

where in the time where this new MMO is supposed to take place, jedi were more common, and larg scale jedi vs. sith were present

/starwarsnerd
Arnock

Postby Aalryn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Arnock wrote:Now that I think about it, having a Jedi playable in the start would make a LOT more sense in this game than in SWG.

IIRC SWG takes place during the original trilogy, when jedi were next to extinct except for a few (like kenobi and yoda) that escaped the purge, so having thousands of people running around as jedi in game would be really stupid.

where in the time where this new MMO is supposed to take place, jedi were more common, and larg scale jedi vs. sith were present

/starwarsnerd

odd.. I was talking to an old friend about this game compared to SWG and he said the EXACT same thing.

Aalryn

Postby Klimpen » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 am

I do like the SW Universe, Old Republic especially, so I'm quite excited by this game's potential.

There's also a 40k MMO being dev'd atm. 40k's an amazing universe as long as people don't take it too seriously.

And I'd probably put my money on Blizzard's new MMO IP being SciFi based.

Hopefully we exit this with at least one good SciFi MMO existing [I dislike Eve with a passion].
Klimpen

Postby Lumennon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:01 am

Star Wars; Old Republic

No. Star Trek Online. :>
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
Lumennon
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:11 am

Aalryn wrote:

odd.. I was talking to an old friend about this game compared to SWG and he said the EXACT same thing.

Queue twilight zone music....

But to be honest, I still do wish jedi were more of a 'hero' class, that you had to do something in order to unlock the ability to play them.
Arnock

Postby Torquemada » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:31 am

Aalryn wrote:I just went out and -finally- bought mass effect for my 360 to get myself into the bioware spirit...

I think i'm going to wait until I finish Lost Odyssey first though.

I am a huge fan of just about everything Bioware, from BG 1&2, to NWN, Jade Empire, and KotoR. I've even been a fan of the "based on" games, such was IWD, KotoR 2, and Fallout. But I wasn't able to get into Mass Effect for the simple reason that it's a shooter and I'm not a fan of shooters so much.

WoW was my first MMO. Tried Matrix when it was free and uninstalled it about an hour after I started. Played LotRO for about a week. As long as SW:ToR is immersive like the games it's based on, I might be hooked as a fan. Also, the Bioware brand has a great deal of street cred in my house.
Torquemada

Postby Naturalhigh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:43 am

Arnock wrote:Now that I think about it, having a Jedi playable in the start would make a LOT more sense in this game than in SWG.

/starwarsnerd

I hope they dont make Jedi a starting class, they'd become the new "huntard" and would never be as exclusive and special as they always were. Making Jedi more easily obtainable than in SWG would be more sensible rather than unlocking them or starting as them. Plus, Jedi are supposed to be OP, so how can they be OP when you have to balance them out with other classes from the start to the end?
Yes, i do know everything. Just not all at once

Under court order, i hereby officially derail this thread:
And now for something completely different
Naturalhigh

Postby culhag » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:13 am

I don't think the "common jedi" is all that powerful.
Sure some Jedi masters are very powerful, but that's like saying (in wow) that DKs should be very powerful because Arthas is a DK.

If you're a jedi in the game it'll be a random no-name jedi that isn't much better than a skilled bounty hunter.

Remember Obi-Wan got owned by Jango Fett in ep2. ;)
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:35 am

Aldonza wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:Since they are adding bounty hunters it sucks that if they allow droids we won't be able to play as models like the IG series they'd probaly stick with the HK droids.

Instead of Bounty Hunters being Sith only it'd be cool if you were allowed to choose your side and take jobs from both sides.

The Trooper seems like early suit design for Clone/Storm Troopers

Was the IG series even developed way back then? There is a substantial time difference between KOTOR and the original trilogy. If the unit series hadn't been developed, then there is no sense for it to be there. Also, as cool as IG-88 was in Tales of the Bounty Hunter, HK > IG.

No the IG series weren't built back then otherwise I'd say it'd be cool to play as them.

The 4 IG robots will take down any HK :P 1v1 too bad they died though :(
Lightbeard

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games