Star Wars; Old Republic

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Postby Baelor » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:19 am

Passionario wrote:Is it possible to underman any of the high-level flashpoints as a tank/healer duo + companions?

Plus, there are interrupts to consider. Sometimes the tank can't handle the interrupting alone and a DPS needs to contribute. As far as I know, companions don't get a boss-level interrupt.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Baelor wrote:
Passionario wrote:Is it possible to underman any of the high-level flashpoints as a tank/healer duo + companions?

Plus, there are interrupts to consider. Sometimes the tank can't handle the interrupting alone and a DPS needs to contribute. As far as I know, companions don't get a boss-level interrupt.

Mechanics become too unforgiving for using companions in the high level FP's. Along with the damage requirements are way higher than what the companions put out.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Krazed » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Most normal Mode FP's are doable with a tank, healer, dps and one companion. I've done most of them that way, and it requires some management of the companion. It could be possible to use a companion tank with 'gear' and a presence stim. As for HM FP's I have no idea. The tank in the group decided to pull a flake/douche move.

Not Doable list: Colociod war games (however its spelled)

Intresting/stratgery might be needed
Foundry: HK-47 1.0, and Revan (if you didn't know this to bad)
Directive 7: The last boss and the big robot before the bonus boss.
False Empror: HK-47 2.0 (If you didn't know this to bad.), and Malgus just because of the way it has to end (also if you didn't know this... yea).
The Red Reaper: Last boss can be annoying.
Through nature's inflexible grace I'm learning to live - Dream Theater
Krazed

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:07 am

Would someone be kind enough to drop todays official patch notes in here for us "work impaired"? Thank You.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Arnock » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:29 am

General
Fixed a bug that could cause the Global Cooldown to appear as if it has been cancelled when it is actually still in effect, resulting in a feeling of unresponsiveness to input.
Corrected an issue that could cause an ability icon to appear usable but be unresponsive to clicks or keypresses for several seconds.
Players revived by other players, including by in-combat revival abilities, now revive with 25% of maximum health.

Jedi Knight

Guardian
Freezing Force: Now correctly lasts 9 seconds (up from 6 seconds).

Jedi Consular

Sage
Mental Alacrity: Now correctly costs no Force to activate.
Salvation: No longer heals targets twice on application. It now correctly heals all affected targets once when applied.

Smuggler

Scoundrel
Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.
K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.
Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Imperial Agent

Operative
Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.
Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.
Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Bounty Hunter

Mercenary
Sweeping Blasters can now be made free with Thermal Sensor Override.

Powertech
Oil Slick now correctly costs no heat to activate.

Flashpoints and Operations

Flashpoints

Directive 7
Bulwark's Area of Effect cone abilities now properly fire in the direction Bulwark is facing.
Some of Bulwark's abilities were incorrectly susceptible to interruption. Bulwark is now immune to interrupts.

The False Emperor
Fixed a conversation that could cause the cinematic with Arkis Wode to function incorrectly.

The Foundry
Fixed an issue that could prevent the final fight in this Flashpoint from beginning after the cinematic.
The final boss can no longer become stuck in an invulnerable state; there was still a small window where this could occur.

The Red Reaper
Lord Kherus now grants less experience.
Some of Lord Kherus's abilities have had their damage values adjusted to be more in line with the level of the Flashpoint.
Players now enter into melee range with Lord Kherus in order to stop him from throwing crates.

Operations

Eternity Vault
Players no longer randomly die in this Operation after being in Gharj's lava.

Karagga's Palace
Foreman Crusher's enrage now includes a movement speed increase, allowing him to catch players who attempt to run.
Fixed an issue that prevented the Materials Disposal Unit's main control station from becoming useable again after the Operation Group is defeated by the G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator on 16-man Hard Mode.
Fixed an issue that prevented the G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator from deploying the correct number of Proximity Pulse Mines and Security Stun Drones during combat.
The damage from G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator's sticky pulse grenade will scales appropriately for the selected Operation difficulty level.
Karagga no longer fires his Unstable Energy twice in a row.
Taking the shuttle after defeating Karagga no longer transports players to the incorrect hangar.
Walls that were missing in Karagga's Palace are now in place.

Bug Fixes

General
Fixed an issue that prevented some players in Operations Groups from receiving credit for the missions "[WEEKLY] Deadly Operations," "[WEEKLY] Galactic Operations," and "Journey to the Belsavis Depths." The entire Operations Group now receives credit when the objective is completed.

Items

Bug Fixes
Comparative tooltips for researched items no longer have their stats reversed.

Missions and NPCs

Missions

Imperial
Declaration of War: The mission will now progress as intended when players interact with their ship's holoterminal.
Debriefing: The ship Holoterminal conversation related to this mission is no longer repeatable.
The Eagle's Nest: The Assassin's Fortress mission is now correctly a prerequisite for this mission.
Number One with a Bullet: Corrected an issue that prevented Bounty Hunters from leaving The Founder.
The Mandalorian Killer: Thendys Noori no longer continues to heal Kellian Jarro after she has surrendered.
Reallocation: The final mission conversation will now begin as intended when players interact with their ship's holoterminal.
The Voice of Darkness: Fixed an issue that could cause Class Story mission progression to enter an incorrect state.

Republic
Death Spiral: Fixed an issue that prevented Jedi Knights who completed the Commander Rayfel encounter from using the shuttle back to Belsavis Orbital Station.

NPCs

Bug Fixes
Kintan Behemoths no longer occasionally walk on top of trees when in combat.

PvP

Warzones

General
Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving mission rewards for completing Warzones.

Voidstar
Players are no longer able to climb out of the attacking team spawn area in the hangar before the match starts.

World PvP

Ilum
Additional base turrets now protect the taxi location inside each faction's base.

Space Combat

General
Added two daily mission commendations to the high-level space dailies Operation Ascendant Pride (Imperial) and Operation New Eclipse (Republic).

UI

General
Attempting to loot an item in a group when the Master Looter is off-planet now generates an error message.

Bug Fixes
The leader of an Operations Group will no longer receive an incorrect message informing them that their companion has been dismissed.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Special items related to different editions of the game have been re-sent if they were deleted by the mail system prior to being claimed.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 am

*sigh* I can't believe they STILL haven't fixed the Rakata Weapons.. For those who don't know yet.. The Rakata Weapons that drop from hard & nightmare operation final bosses have incorrect stats.

The Tier Weapons each have 4 modifications, Barrel(or Hilt), Enhancement, Color Crystal & Mod.

All Rakata gear *should* have rank 58 modifications, Columi has Rank 56 & Tionese has Rank 51.

Currently the Rakata Weapons have the following mods.. 51,56,51,51 which makes it BARELY better than the weapons 2 tiers below when it's supposed to be the BiS..
Shyrtandros

Postby Arnock » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:12 pm

It kinda bothers me that they still haven't fixed the commando channel times.

When you use full auto or mortar volley(both 3 second channels) you don't fire for ~2 seconds, and the 3rd shot occurs after the channel time is complete.

Also, has anyone else noticed that there doesn't seem to be a want for tanks in any of their guild's servers? I've been trying to find a decent raiding guild, but everyone seems to be looking for dps, and I really don't feel like doing shadow dps =/
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:26 pm

Arnock wrote:It kinda bothers me that they still haven't fixed the commando channel times.

When you use full auto or mortar volley(both 3 second channels) you don't fire for ~2 seconds, and the 3rd shot occurs after the channel time is complete.

Also, has anyone else noticed that there doesn't seem to be a want for tanks in any of their guild's servers? I've been trying to find a decent raiding guild, but everyone seems to be looking for dps, and I really don't feel like doing shadow dps =/

My main is a 50 Vanguard so I HATE the Full Auto & Mortar Volley Delays with a passion..

I created my vanguard to tank, and since my guild is currently the highest progressed Republic 8 man group for the server I've already got a lot of BiS DPS & Tank Gear .. however I spend 80% of the time DPS'ing because BW has made all of the raid content with little or no tanks needed..

All 10 of the 8 man operation boss fights only require 1 tank, many groups will run with 2 and to be honost I have no clue why.. there are a handful of fights that have ZERO need for a tank..

I got excited because there is 1 boss in Karagga's that applies a tank debuff that you would assume would require you to use 2 tanks to drop the debuff stacks.. we 1 shot it on the first try on hardmode with 1 tank.. I was very bummed out..

As someone who has found the greatest pleasure when it comes to raiding through being a tank I can only imagine how hard it's going to be for people to get into tank roles when 5/8 are dps, 2/8 are heals and only 1/8 are tanks. :(
Shyrtandros

Postby crazyharry » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:13 pm

They really need to fix the PVP daily. Yesterday 4 wins, Daily recording 1/3. 5 wins today and I am up to 2/3. Infuriating.

My server is absolutely flooded with tanks, seems like every second person who is not a Sorc is a Vanguard or Powertech.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby Aubade » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:15 pm

Visited a couple old friends yesterday, and they were playing SWOTOR. Looked pretty awesome, wish I could play it!
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Barathorn » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:48 am

I think the state of the game considering its only a month old is pretty good for people from a leveling prospective. I appreciate that there may be a lack of things to do at 50 but as I only got the game 2 weeks ago I am playing through it on 3 characters and having a blast. The crew skills area is very clever and I am quite enjoying that aspect of the game.

None of my friends are level 50 yet so we don't know about the imbalances and issues there may be at that level but I do know that PVP 1-49 simply isn't as broken as everyone is crying about and I am really enjoying it.

Its a good game. I am not sure on the longevity of it but I guess that is the joy of playing from launch or close to launch, you have no idea what is coming.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby crazyharry » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:51 am

Level 10 - 49 PVP is currently a lot more fun than being a newbie in level 50 due to the huge impact no expertise has and the randomness involved in getting geared up.

I have to 50s with 2 pieces of 50 PVP gear each, my Shadow can do some damage but dies in seconds and my commando has a bit more longevity due to being ranged but currently crits for less than geared players non crit :( Its quite depressing to land 3 grav rounds in a row for a grand total of 1.2k damage then get 3500, 3900, 3700 flash up in red on your screen

I was really hoping to get back into raiding with SWTOR but RL came along and veto'd that idea.

I am hoping SWTOR manages to pull through the initial release teething problems as I am having great fun inspite of being cannon fodder.

Complaint wise Biochem is still outshining the other proffessions, sorc/sages really should not be able to spec a root onto their knockback and BW seem to be addressing every possible angle regarding commando ability delay other than the freakin obvious 2 second wind up due to the animation. Oh yeah, consular hats.... WTF BioWare, WTF!!!
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
crazyharry

Postby valura » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:59 am

Lost out on 2 very rare random world drops in the last two days. On monday, while doing missions in group on Taris, the RD-07A Spider Bracers drop, but I only noticed because I noticed my chatpanel showed "<player> has looted <item>"... WTF?
Thinking it's some kind of weird bug, I ignore it for the time being, but then it frigging happened again. Yesterday, again on Taris, and once more doing missions in group, RD-07A Spider Belt dropped and once again it only showed in the chatpanel when someone else looted it. No fragging chance to roll on it, while I'm on my gunslinger :( :( :(

Ended up opening a ticket and found out that modifiable (orange) gear with empty sockets which drops outside Flashpoints (aka the worlddrops), is considered by the loot generator to be equal to white (common) gear.

And then I noticed that the people who looted the items put them up on the Galactic Market for 75k (bracers) and 100k (belt), because they're extremely hard to find :cry:
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (92) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (79) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (90) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: If the queue allows me, Draenor-EU. Otherwise, my own personnally crafted Hell.

Postby Kelaan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:08 am

crazyharry wrote:Level 10 - 49 PVP is currently a lot more fun than being a newbie in level 50 due to the huge impact no expertise has and the randomness involved in getting geared up.

Is there any benefit to pvping before 50? Does it let you earn currency or tokens that you can use at level 50 on max level gear, or is every new player in pvp going to be going through a meat grinder to get expertise gear?
Kelaan

Postby crazyharry » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:44 am

pvp pre 50 can net you some nice gear at levels 20 and 40 and weapons every 4 levels from 14. you earn warzone commendations from pvp which is used to buy the pvp loots. for level 50 gear you buy a bag that cost 800 commendations in total (but 600 of them have been traded in for mercenary commendations) 800 is about 10 - 12 games depending on win ratio and if you farm medals pr not. bags are unique and cant be opened till you are level 50, so you can buy 1 before 50 and if you max your commendations you will have enough for 5 more when you hit 50. these bags are a source of frustration for many players as they have a 25% chance of containing loot or will otherwise contain 3 champion tokens. it takes between 14 and 74 champion tokens to buy a piece of loot. some people have opened 20 bags and got nothing but tokens and others have got the same loot item several times in a row, so there is a large element of randomness to loot. sorry of post npt to clear, typing on phone on moving train.
crazyharry

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games