Star Wars; Old Republic

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Postby Arjuna » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:36 am

Just make sure you send any cybertech patterns to my char Bara, hihi ;)

I have yet to do a single flashpoint, just haven't had the time for it at the correct lvl and then just lvled past it...

Really though, slicing is awesome for getting new patterns!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Pala » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Slicing keeps making money all the way up. There will be some cases that are smaller than the cost of the mission. The level 6 boxes all got the nerf bat so the best money makers are now found in levels 4 and 5. These missions will often crit and bring extra crew skill missions. You can sell an Underworld Trading 340 mission for 15k+ on my server because the mats are worth it. I have slicing on my alt. It was a good supplement to help level Scavenging, UT, and Cybertech on my Agent before I got to 50.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:51 am

crazyharry wrote:Empire side Khem Val is good for a laugh, if killing and eating jedi is what makes you laugh.

There's more to Khem Val than Jedi killing/eating, especially after Act 1.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:10 am

Barathorn wrote:Are there many chests in Flashpoints that yield good items/rewards?

Sadly most flashpoints / operations don't have nodes to slice, some of them have "convenience" short cuts like Slice an elevator to skip a level of mobs.

I can say that even after the nerf Slicing is still completely worth it. If I go out to do my dailies I pick up a minimum of 10-20k credits from random boxes I find. Boxes usually have around 1,500 to 3,000 credits.. if I get a "crit / blue box" then I'll get like.. 8,000
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Barathorn » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:16 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
Barathorn wrote:Are there many chests in Flashpoints that yield good items/rewards?

Sadly most flashpoints / operations don't have nodes to slice, some of them have "convenience" short cuts like Slice an elevator to skip a level of mobs.

I can say that even after the nerf Slicing is still completely worth it. If I go out to do my dailies I pick up a minimum of 10-20k credits from random boxes I find. Boxes usually have around 1,500 to 3,000 credits.. if I get a "crit / blue box" then I'll get like.. 8,000

For me slicing just feels like something that Smugglers and Imperial Agents should have. I will wait to see how much Biochem is nerfed before deciding on anything I think. For now slicing is staying and it is such a fun skill to have. I may change to diplomacy long term but at low level Slicing is giving me a lot of credits even though I started the game after the great slicing nerf had already taken place.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:31 am

Barathorn wrote:For me slicing just feels like something that Smugglers and Imperial Agents should have. I will wait to see how much Biochem is nerfed before deciding on anything I think.

I totally agree about IA's & Smugs feeling natural to be slicers.

The nerf was already done, they lowered the healing done by the end game med packs a bit, made it so personal buffs don't "increase" strengths of medpacks (IE: Pop ALL CD's use med pack & heal for 8,000 Instant + 4000 HoT).

The nerfs are primarily for PvP, like the PvP heal is now on same CD as med packs, PvP Expertise is now an adrenal and also you can't get the 2.5K or 5K heal medals from Med Packs.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Arnock » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Freaking
Revan

That is all.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:38 am

Barathorn wrote:For me slicing just feels like something that Smugglers and Imperial Agents should have. I will wait to see how much Biochem is nerfed before deciding on anything I think. For now slicing is staying and it is such a fun skill to have. I may change to diplomacy long term but at low level Slicing is giving me a lot of credits even though I started the game after the great slicing nerf had already taken place.

Honestly the Biochem nerfs were mainly for PvP because the Rakata Medpac was just out of control burst healing. If anything I regard the change as a PvE buff for tanks since the medpac now gives you a 15% last stand for 15 seconds. Combine that with free stims/adrenals and you'll save yourself 100k/operation easily if you're doing PvE, no way I will ever drop this amazing crew skill.
baleogthefierce

Postby amh » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 am

Anyone else having fun with the GTN? If so, what are you crafting?

The whole money game seems rather simple at the moment (few different end products, materials mostly readily available, plenty of consumers, few crafters), and I'm curious to see how it'll pan out once things settle down (if they haven't already). Would've hit four million credits yesterday, if I hadn't lent out 400k to a friend. I keep thinking "this is it, better slow down", but people keep buying epics, so I'm happy.

Edit:
Well, now I feel stupid. Forgot the up-to-1-crafting-skill limit. Oh well, didn't really use slicing anyway.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:10 am

amh wrote:Anyone else having fun with the GTN? If so, what are you crafting?

The whole money game seems rather simple at the moment (few different end products, materials mostly readily available, plenty of consumers, few crafters), and I'm curious to see how it'll pan out once things settle down (if they haven't already). Would've hit four million credits yesterday, if I hadn't lent out 400k to a friend. I keep thinking "this is it, better slow down", but people keep buying epics, so I'm happy.

Edit:
Well, now I feel stupid. Forgot the up-to-1-crafting-skill limit. Oh well, didn't really use slicing anyway.

I sell mainly stims/adrenals on GTN and those always seem to move very well. Our server has an active PvE community so I suppose that's not a surprise. The GTN interface is so horrible that I try to avoid it whenever possible though.
baleogthefierce

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:36 pm

amh wrote:Anyone else having fun with the GTN? If so, what are you crafting?

Edit:

artifice > rare color crystals

I'm actually just having trouble keeping myself stocked with mats to make them but the rate of return has been really good. I have no competition and I've been steadily increasing my prices for like a week and people keep buying them!
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Arjuna » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:16 am

On the GTN on my server there are usually one to three mods up...I am thinking of starting to put up some epic mid-lvl ones, but are people interested in mods at all? I have no idea myself, just have to try I guess...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Astronomic » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:39 am

Are the craftable mods/enhancements at 50 any better then the ones you can get through the ilum/belsavis dailies?
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby crazyharry » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:11 am

I know there is no good time for maintenance in a global game, but Saturday freakin morning! Man, I hope that's on important bug they are fixing if it couldn't wait till Tuesday, I NEED my lightsaber fix.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:56 pm

crazyharry wrote:I know there is no good time for maintenance in a global game, but Saturday freakin morning! Man, I hope that's on important bug they are fixing if it couldn't wait till Tuesday, I NEED my lightsaber fix.

There is a decent time actually, around 1am pacific. I know because I play around that time and it's terrible in every game I've ever played, even global games. If falls right in a pretty good gap worldwide. Their maintenance started at midnight pacific, and while annoying for me, was probably a good time to start but the ending time probably lasted a little long.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Gracerath » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Has the game come to a grinding halt for anyone else? I hit 50 and don't really have a lot to do. I got all my dailies done for enhancements and mods for my own gear (not gonna work on companion gear). There isn't a great LFG system up and running and pvp isn't all that enticing for a number of reasons. I can't bring myself to play an alt, even on the other side of the fence.

Seems like after anyone hits 50 in my guild, their playtime takes a shit and we can't even get a flashpoint going. I sure would love to see the conclusion of the story on Ilum...

My hopes for the future if I'm going to have any long term success in game-

1)LFG tool of some sort. Make it server only, I don't care but something where I don't have to hang out in fleet and monitor a chat channel.
2)Something to balance out populations to make pvp less suck. No game has really done it right so my faith in this game to do it right is pretty low. More warzones that are going to be able to be played within the same faction is just going to kill off the lesser populated faction of a server. Its great for queues, terrible for population balance.

Maybe I'm just tired of the "WoW formula" which is what every MMO seems to try to emulate these days. I need a virtual reality helmet already.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Is it possible to underman any of the high-level flashpoints as a tank/healer duo + companions?
Passionario

Postby Gracerath » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:17 am

I haven't done them yet so I couldn't say for sure but all the lower level ones seemed to have some sort of "don't stand in the bad" mechanic that would be a pain in the butt to micromanage your companions in order to stay out of it.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:39 am

crazyharry wrote:I know there is no good time for maintenance in a global game, but Saturday freakin morning! Man, I hope that's on important bug they are fixing if it couldn't wait till Tuesday, I NEED my lightsaber fix.

Yeah this upset a LOT of people. While it might be the right time to do it for some people it basically shafted all of Europe.

I got some Battlestar Galactica time in :). Was annoying though to not be able to play when I actually had free time to play. /shrug thats the joy of playing at launch.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Levantine » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:49 am

I know it's petty, but I can't help but be amused at how annoyed you Europeans are getting.

Welcome to the club, imo.

Sincerely,
All of Oceania
Levantine

Postby Barathorn » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:27 am

Levantine wrote:I know it's petty, but I can't help but be amused at how annoyed you Europeans are getting.

Sincerely,
All of Oceania

Blah Blah.

Just because you might accept second rate service doesn't mean I will.

No offense of course. :wink:

The European servers are apparently in Ireland with a full support team in place. Bioware stated that all maintenance would be by time zone pretty early on in development and this isn't the case obviously. This meant it just happened to kill the play time I and apparently a lot of others had set aside.

Joys of playing at launch really. Doesn't make it right though.

Barathorn

Postby Levantine » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:30 am

I has nothing to do with accepting second rate service. I bitch and moan and send strongly worded emails all the time. About everything. Because it's fun.

Besides, companies say lots of things they don't follow through with. They're kinda like polititians in that respect.
Levantine

Postby Passionario » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:41 am

Levantine wrote:I know it's petty, but I can't help but be amused at how annoyed you Europeans are getting.

Sincerely,
All of Oceania

On a semi-related note, every single complaint ever made about video games can technically be summed up as "#firstworldproblems".
Passionario

Postby crazyharry » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:46 am

1 bubble from 50 on my Shadow, 1 champion bag in my pack, 1000 Merc commendations, 1000 WZ commendations, 9890/10000 DS and a song in my heart.

Here is betting I either end up with 18 champ commendations or 6 pairs of gloves :(
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby Sagara » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:34 am

Just spend a whole friggin week of vacation mostly...
taking care of the house for early Spring clean :?

but the rest on SWTOR :lol: Got a couple character in the pipeline: two Troopers which are both insanely fun, and begun a Sith Jugg.

I was a bit surprised by the approach change between Trooper and Vanguard, as well as with the Scoundrel Smuggler.

Also: I'm quickly getting irritated with interrupts being such "do or die" constantly. Not being against it being important from time to time, but I can't think of a single H2, H4 or flashpoint from level 40 onwards where there isn't something monstruously deadly to interrupt.

I feel I'm not being challenged as a healer in more ways than "spam /group to interrupt the GODDAMN Lightning Storm". IF interrupt = 1 THEN Heal = easy ELSE Healing = Near-impossible. Not fun.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games