Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Passionario » Fri May 13, 2016 12:29 am

Outside of golden legendaries, I don't think I've ever seen that much dust in a single pack.

If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu May 19, 2016 9:41 am

I had come over to the Kripp school of thought on disenchanting - that there's no reason to do it until you need to craft something or the card gets nerfed - but today I gave in and hit the button for the 15k dust I'd saved. I crafted golden copies of legendaries I was missing, plus any other cards I didn't have in non-golden form, and now I have all but two cards from the Old Gods set. I don't have Cho'Gall because I forgot about him until I was writing this, and I absolutely refuse to craft the Boogeymonster.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:44 am

I'm having serious trouble making the last pick in a Priest arena draft. It's between three legendaries, see here: http://i.imgur.com/NTYVOdi.jpg

I'm thinking Velen is the worst of the three picks here. Ysera is the best card but too slow; Volazj is less slow and could provide presence, something very useful in arena. I think this deck is already too slow and won't go far. I'm seriously torn.

Edit: I eventually picked Volazj, and went 6 wins. Best run with Priest since the Old Gods launch.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:06 pm

I'm trying out an aggro Druid deck I came up with. What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/2nxGAUp.png
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:25 am

Have you tried the new Raven card in it?
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:16 am

I've been away since last Monday, so not yet.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:02 pm

The Druid deck wasn't all that good, so I stopped with that. I've been playing a lot of Priest this week instead, and I am loving Resurrect Control Priest. 72% win rate so far from rank 16 to 10.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:44 am

Nice! What's the decklist?
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:19 am

I started losing again when I went back to the deck (it's pretty bad against Warrior). From memory:

2x Circle of Healing
2x Power Word: Shield
1x Flash Heal
2x Resurrect
2x Shadow Word: Pain
2x Injured Blademaster
2x Shadow Word: Death
1x Thoughtsteal
2x Auchenai Soul Priest
1x Barnes
2x Priest of the Feast
2x Excavated Evil
2x Onyx Bishop
2x Entomb
1x Sylvanas
1x Emperor Thaurissan
1x Ragnaros
1x Ysera
1x Y'Shaarj

It needs some refining. I've been a little disappointed in Barnes, but very happy with the Resurrect package. The 1-off Flash Heal feels weird, it's there for combo with Auchenai/Blademaster/Priest of the Feast, but it seems like I maybe I should have either 2 or none. Y'Shaarj isn't bad but 10 mana cards are hard to play.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Did you see this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/4yp9pm/top_30_legend_na_priest/

List: http://imgur.com/a/6bAum

Similar to what you have but it looks a little more streamlined.

Not sure I like the Forbidden Shapings in there - if you're always casting it at 8 anyway just play Rag for goodness sake - the fact that you lose battlecries makes it really bad at lower costs. I think I'd take those out for Rag and probably Cairne. Or you could try Arcane Giants as that list is really spellheavy.
... the fact that more potential voters are swayed by a few trivial comments 10 years ago than a candidate literally collapsing is not a good sign and tends to indicate that even if Trump wins, it won't matter.

No electorate that stupid is going to survive long, one way or another.
Jabari

Postby Passionario » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:02 am

And now everyone on the ladder is playing it. Joy.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:30 am

This week's new flavour is Menagerie Paladin (Dragon Paladin with Vilefin Inquisitors, Zoobots and Menagerie Magicians). I threw one together quickly and played a single game, and it's got potential but I needed more card draw (this is why Zoo is a Warlock deck). I didn't run the Curator on that try because it was too expensive for the low curve deck. Will experiment more when I have time.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:28 pm

http://i.imgur.com/IPmxUyS.png
This deck is amazing. I've not played it much, and it obviously has terrible early game, but the board flood combos are hilarious. I've not even had a match last long enough to Yogg, yet.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:10 pm

Had a Rogue quest, and it's always been my worst class by far. After a few losses with my N'zoth Rogue, went to reddit and found this:

http://imgur.com/m3uz0R4

Holy smokes is this fun to play. Switched out the Sap for Brann after a couple games, and it's 5-1 so far.

Went infinite Brann/Twilight/Shadowcaster against a Control Warrior, which was hilarious. :lol:
... the fact that more potential voters are swayed by a few trivial comments 10 years ago than a candidate literally collapsing is not a good sign and tends to indicate that even if Trump wins, it won't matter.

No electorate that stupid is going to survive long, one way or another.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:27 am

Hmm, Runic Egg is an interesting one. I guess it works in a Warrior-heavy meta.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:35 am

Another round of card nerfs inc.

- Rockbiter costs 2 mana.
- Execute costs 2 mana.
- Call of the Wild costs 9 mana.
- Charge costs 1 mana, does not increase attack, and gives the minion "Can't attack heroes this turn" (the second time this card has had a full redesign to stop OTKs).
- Yogg Saron will now stop casting spells if it is destroyed, silenced, transformed, or returned to the hand.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:53 am

So who's excited for the new expansion on Thursday? This looks to me like the strongest set since GvG, for good or ill.
There's a lot of negativity over on Reddit particularly about Rogue (Rogue got fewer good cards this time, though the good ones they got a really good), but other than that Blizz are doing a good job of diversifying the decks each class can play.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:56 am

KysenMurrin

Previous

Return to Other Games