Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Paxen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Jabari wrote:
Paxen wrote:I opened my second Legendary today! I now have two Malygos...

Oh wow, that's awful. I guess you get the epic of your choice, but that's still really unfortunate. :(

I could use a couple of Ancients of Lore, yeah. And 400 dust is way better than the common card it replaced, so it's not too bad. Still a sucky feeling, especially as I've considered dusting my first copy more than once...
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:02 pm

For some reason I've started really liking Hunter arena. I find I'm picking it whenever I get the chance. Doesn't always work out so well.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:41 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:For some reason I've started really liking Hunter arena. I find I'm picking it whenever I get the chance. Doesn't always work out so well.

I made one deck that had the option for four UtH... Only picked up the first two and passed on the other two because I was worried about not having card draw and something else (got the Buzzard in place of one and forget what the other pickup was.) After playing the deck, I wish I'd picked up at least a third one... would've been fun.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:05 am

Down to the line, my Zoolock vs a Hunter - I was dead next turn, he had 5 hp and I had soulfire (no minions on the board). I Life Tap for...a Leper Gnome. Dammit, that can't attack! But wait...

Mortal Coil the Gnome, and he deathrattles the hunter to death :D
Paxen

Postby Kai » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:39 am

KysenMurrin wrote:For some reason I've started really liking Hunter arena. I find I'm picking it whenever I get the chance. Doesn't always work out so well.

if hunter only had a reasonable hero power, it would be 2nd only to mage in arena. the class cards are so good, multishot, unleash, deadly shot, kill command, huntmaster, animal companion and I probably forgot some. that the hero power doesn't really do anything on turn 2 if you don't have a minion is a huge blow though. but after a lot of other class cards got nerfed over time, hunter is definitely one of the better ones now. while it was clearly the worst when beta was released.
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:21 pm

New Druid card from the Curse of Naxxramas adventure set:

4 mana, Poison Seeds: Destroy all minions and summon 2/2 Treants to replace them.

Hard removal is one of Druid's weak points, but that's a hell of a downside. Still, probably a good card - better than Twisting Nether.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:56 am

Hmm, that's pretty awful removal, really. Their new trees get to act before yours do, which is a real problem. Useless against rush/zoo decks too.

Fun combo with Soul of the Forest though. *laugh*

When I had first started playing, I somehow quickly opened up 2 Lightwells in the first few packs that I got. Thought that it was a pretty cool card - here's my current priest deck: (have a Win 5 Priest/Warlock quest right now)

(All one-ofs are things I only have one of right now.)

1: 2*Cleric, 2*Inner Fire, 2*PW:S, 2*Smite
2: 2*Sunfury Protector, 2*Lightwell, 2*SW:P
3: 1*Demolisher, 1*Acolyte of Pain, 2*SW:D
4: 2*Yeti, 2*Tazdingo
5: 2*Guru-Berserker, 1*Auctioneer, 2*Holy Nova
6: 1*Temple Enforcer
10: 2*MC

My observations/questions:
- The Acolyte is not really useful, I want a second Demolisher there.
- I don't have any Injured Blademasters at all. Not sure if those are better than Taz/Yeti without CoH in the deck anyway.
- Auctioneer vs Drake? I want a 2nd one of one of those. Tons of spells for the Auctioneer, and a turn 6 Auctioneer + PW:S is pretty amusing. Also need to figure out what to remove for it.
- Yes, there are two MCs. The second is an experiment right now (and was very, very good last night vs a control warrior - took a Sunwalker, and then a Hogger two turns later).

Ideas/comments?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Shamora » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Jabari » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:38 pm

hahaha so true.

Actually, the priest deck up there handles warlock zoo just fine. Warrior zoo on the other hand (stupid Warsong Commanders)...
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:53 am

I decided to just join the crowd and try zoo Warlock. And I lost. Repeatedly. Sigh.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:55 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I decided to just join the crowd and try zoo Warlock. And I lost. Repeatedly. Sigh.

Maybe your rank is too low? I tried it around rank 15, to great success. Lower than that I lost - I think Doomguards are a key piece I'm missing. Zoo plays so many cards that the Warlock cards that force you to discard get even better.

I'm intrigued by zoo Warrior. Warsong Commander sounds great in the zoo shell, but what do you do for card draw?
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm playing it around rank 9/10, losing to Hunter and Druid, plus pretty much anything control that comes up.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:09 am

Wow. I went back to an old, mostly-for-fun Shaman deck that has loads of taunt and big minions (key piece: Molten Giants), and I am destroying it on the ladder. 5 win streak right now. Seems to be particularly brutal against Hunter, even when you build up a board, thanks to the taunt.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:20 pm

Hmm, why Moltens instead of Earth Ele (if you want something big like that)?

Have gone from 14 to 10 in about 10 games with the shaman deck. I don't have EE, and I'm trying it now with Taz (instead of DoA, I like the bigger body), Knife Juggler, and Squire (cause Nebu runs them). Only have one MTT, using an Auctioneer in the other "card draw" spot.

Also opened a Black Knight, which has already single-handedly won me one game - stupid broken card.

It's a nice, cheap deck other than the TBK though - no other legendaries/epics at all. Don't have Bloodmage, and I don't know that I'd run it even if I did. (Had a Kobold for a while, and never had a situation where Kobold->LS would have mattered.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Earth Elemental is far too expensive. 5 mana then locking 3 the next turn leaves you crippled if you're trying to swing a match against aggro.

This isn't really a good deck, mind you. I was surprised at winning so many matches with it.

I created this deck pretty much by taking an old one I played with and deciding to just throw in more big minions. Maybe I can get some advice on turning it into a useful anti-rush deck. Here's the current list:

Earth Shock x 2
Lightning Bolt x 2
Rockbiter x 2
Bloodmage Thalnos
Flametongue Totem x 1
Stormforged Waraxe x 1
Sunfury Protector x 2
Feral Spirit x 2
Hex x 2
Lightning Storm x 2
Mana Tide Totem x 2
Defender of Argus x 2
Azure Drake x 2
Cairne Bloodhoof
Fire Elemental x 2
Ragnaros
Alexstrasza
Molten Giant x 2

The key parts for what I want to do are the Molten Giants and Alexstrasza, plus the taunt givers - they enable a big late game swing versus Hunter and Zoo. Cairne I can probably do without.

I have the Flametongue in there partly because this has very weak early game, so I think improving early game is where I need to focus.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games