Powerpoint 2007

Hardware, software, geek stuff

Moderators: laterna, Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Powerpoint 2007

Postby Arjuna » Thu May 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi guys! (and the rare girls)

I'm currently at work(yay, maintankadin access at work! :D ) and I have a problem. The computers here are pretty limited, and I have encountered a problem that I don't know how to fix. Not even google could help me... :(

I'm trying to print out a powerpoint presentation with the "notes pages" layout, but the text gets misaligned. I found that it's a known bug and requires a SP(most likely we don't have that here), and now I wonder how I can possibly manage to fix this problem!

*PowerPoint tries to use the internal information of TTY printers to aid in text layout. However, the drivers for TTY printers, such as the Windows "Generic/Text Only" drivers, do not correctly use TrueType fonts. Therefore, the text layout is incorrect.
*Printer drivers provide some layout information to PowerPoint. Some printer drivers provide incorrect information to PowerPoint, which causes text to be misaligned when it is printed. PowerPoint now determines whether the information that the printer driver provides is correct.

I never was any good with the office pack, especially not with fixing problems in it without being able to install anything...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Return to Tech Stuff