Remove Advertisements

Home/World latency and adjusting for it with Haste

Hardware, software, geek stuff

Moderators: laterna, Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Home/World latency and adjusting for it with Haste

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:43 am

In Wrath it was fairly simple - look at the number with ms behind it and adjust accordingly. Now we have "Home" and "World" latencies, which of the two should I look at when fine-tuning my DPS rotations? What is the actual difference? From what I understand the "Home" latency is basically for the chat and the "World" latency is for the character movement and action performance. Is this the case, and should I even worry about it with my average latency hardly ever above 11 ms?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Re: Home/World latency and adjusting for it with Haste

Postby Pizbit » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Pyrea wrote:In Wrath it was fairly simple - look at the number with ms behind it and adjust accordingly. Now we have "Home" and "World" latencies, which of the two should I look at when fine-tuning my DPS rotations? What is the actual difference? From what I understand the "Home" latency is basically for the chat and the "World" latency is for the character movement and action performance. Is this the case, and should I even worry about it with my average latency hardly ever above 11 ms?

11ms? Is this post a joke? You latency is nowhere near even close to be an noticeable let alone an issue.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:30 am

When I did this in wrath I had a 200-350 ms latency.

let me reformulate my question to make it a bit clearer. Which latency is the one to look at with respect to haste adjustments?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Jeremoot » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 am

If you have under 100ms latency, you don't need to worry about it. World latency affects combat.
Jeremoot

Return to Tech Stuff