Time for a graphics card upgrade.

Hardware, software, geek stuff

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis, laterna

Re: Time for a graphics card upgrade.

Postby Kelaan » Thu May 12, 2011 8:51 am

Yep. I'd probably just leave the anti-aliasing and other really demanding stuff off (or minimal), frankly.

The performance increase isn't stellar in most of todays games - but at the price that they SEEM to be going for, it's an easy upgrade. Heck, I an tempted to see if I can get a pair of (refurbished) 4870x2's for similar prices from an outlet shop. (:
Kelaan

Postby Arkesh » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:19 pm

valura wrote:Personally, I use an MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin-Frozr II/OC, which is quite affordable at about € 260. If you have more to spend, I can suggest going for the 570 at € 350, the 580 at € 420 or the N590 at € 699.

Each of them offer full SLI support, an output of at least 2560x1600, and full (free) software support.

After seeing quite a few positive reviews and some impressive overclocking potential I've finally reached a decision and unless some nifty graphics card comes out of nowhere I'll be ordering one of the above in 2/3 weeks with a view to grab another at some point before November.
Arkesh

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:35 am

Ok... so this may seem like a stupid question, and I didn't feel it needed a new thread... but...

GPU = video card?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Shamora » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Ok... so this may seem like a stupid question, and I didn't feel it needed a new thread... but...

GPU = video card?

GPU = Graphics Processing Unit

It generally means a video card, but could also be used to specify the processing chip on the video card.
Hearthstone Arena Stats - (Old) 2014
Server: PVP US Barthilas, Horde - <Tribo>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 100 Combat/Subtlety Rogue
Server: PVE US Nagrand/Caelestrasz, Alliance - <Chivalry>
Main: Crusader Shamora, Lvl 100 Protection Paladin
Shamora

Previous

Return to Tech Stuff