[10H] Madness of deathwing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Madness of deathwing

Postby timoseewho » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:46 am

Grommash wrote:Switched to 3 healers and overall the encounter just seems a lot safer, and quite a bit smoother. Disc priest DPS really isn't all that bad either.

We almost consistently get to the last phase with really awesome mana. The problem is reliably snaring the bloods. Has anybody done this without a Hunter? They just seem downright godly for making sure everything is snared 50% right from the start.

We do the whole:

-Burn to 17%
-Kill Shrapnel
-Terrors spawn, push boss sub 17%
-AoE Terrors on top of congealing blood
-Burn boss to 12%
-Kill Shrapnel
-Terrors spawn, push boss sub 12%.

From that point we would probably burn the boss, and well of course AoE down the last set of congealing.

I've come across a few videos without Hunters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB8oy1ZFYVs for one), do you have Shamans? Earthbind Totems aren't bad. What's your DPS lineup?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby gomashon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:06 am

In 25man we used this rotation vs impale. Dunno how useful this is for 10man. Our tanks are dk and feral.
Basically each tank uses his minor cd (barkskin, vampiric blood, Bone shield) + gets a HoSac and a PW:S on every impale.
In addition one "major" cd is required and this can be: PainSup,Survival Instincts, IBF, Army of the dead.
For the first 2 platforms, Frenzied Regen counts as a major cd, due to the 20% hp buff.

platform 1, impale 1: feral - Dream + Barkskin + PW:S + HoSac
platform 1, impale 2: dk - Dream + B-Shield + PW:S + HoSac + VB

platform 2, impale 1: dk - IBF + B-Shield + PW:S + HoSac + VB
platform 2, impale 2: feral - SI + Barkskin + PW:S + HoSac

platform 3, impale 1: feral - PainSup+ FR + Barkskin + PW:S + HoSac
platform 3, impale 2: dk- IBF + B-Shield + PW:S + HoSac + VB

platform 4, impale 1: dk- Dancing weapon + Army + B-Shield + PW:S + HoSac + VB
platform 4, impale 2 + bolt exploding: feral- PainSupp + SI + FR + Barkskin + PW:S + HoSac

Note: Pain supp can be removed entirely from this rotation. To do this simply have the feral use FR on platform 2 and SI on platform 3. The resulting rotation is enough to survive. We had the pain supp so figured might as well use it...
Group Therapy (Ravencrest-EU), 2 raid days per week, 8/8 25-Heroic, always recruiting.
gomashon

Postby Grommash » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:53 am

DK (Blood), Druid (2xFeral), Paladin (Ret and Holy), Warlock (Demo), Priest (Disc and Shadow), Shaman (Resto). Last spot is Mage (Fire), or Rogue (Assassination).

We have a Hunter but he's not reliable ATM.

Our Resto Shaman is a great player but just like in PvP earth bind pulses every 2 seconds and we found that some of them escape at the start due to pulse time (and the fact that they run super fast). I (blood dk) specced desecration, but desecration won't proc on immune mobs so I have to wait until the actual bloods spawn then tab to them and desecrate. Problem with this is by the time it appears it's usually gone, I have to use a plague rune when these terrors are destroying me and desecration as a delay at which it's applied and the first few are already long gone.

We tried the assassination thing but the proc rate isn't very reliable. Even at 2/2 deadly brew a lot of them just get through. We did okay when our Mage was there by opening with blast wave then catching the rest with cone of cold.

Maybe we will be alright but hunter just seems to simplify this heavily. It's basically the only part of the fight we are tripping at currently. We almost always get to this platform and we have gone through the motions of doing P2 enough with plenty of time on enrage left. Just need to reliably snare those little bastards and we should be good to go.
Grommash

Postby Brosterr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 am

Deleting cause i am in idiot and wowhead is wrong.
Brosterr

Postby timoseewho » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:43 pm

@Grommash, how about a glyph'ed Shadowflame from the Warlock?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
timoseewho

Postby Grommash » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:04 pm

I don't trust our Warlock to do it properly lol.

We should be fine tonight. Our Fire Mage is typically spot on with snares and our Survival Hunter will be on. So I imagine a Blast Wave, into a Freezing trap followed by some cone of cold and glyphed Shadowflame would probably do the job!
Grommash

Postby Mokoshne » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:07 am

working on this fight atm, in regards to phase 2 this is what we are going to run with

- Burn to 17%
- Kill Elementium Fragments
- Terrors Spawn, Kill them like normal mode.
- Burn boss to 15%, kill bloods.
- HOLD ON BOSS
- Kill Elementium Fragments
- Terrors Spawn, tank them in timezone, DPS Burn boss
- DW hits 12%, Pull terrors onto Bloods and cleave them down
- BURN BOSS
- DW Hits 5%, Kill bloods
- Nuke boss

is this a fairly decent method of tackling the encounter, any things someone with a kill could pick at?
Mokoshne

Postby Grommash » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:37 am

From what I can tell that looks fine. Some people like single targeting down the Terrors (safer) and others like to AoE both sets of Terrors on top of the bloods. I've seen some videos where people will AoE Terror #1 with Blood #1, do Blood #2 and then proceed to AoE down Terror #2 with Blood #3. But like your strategy outlines, I've seen that as well (single target first terrors and then hold and AoE down the second terrors with the second set of bloods as well).

It LARGELY depends on what you're comfortable with, where the bloods end up spawning, your DPS and more importantly how long you have left on enrage when hitting the last platform. I found that single targeting the terrors down was the most controlled and 'safest' method, but it also makes your P2 longer. Those who have very little time upon hitting the last platform might be forced to AoE down both sets of terrors with bloods because waiting isn't an option. I think as long as you hit the last platform with 3 minutes (plus change) left on enrage your strategy might work.
Grommash

Postby timoseewho » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 pm

What exactly happens when an Impale hits the aspects? I'm talking specifically that Impale on the blue platform (which we do last) that happens around the same time as the bolt hits. Do they flip you off and stop helping you lol?
timoseewho

Postby Grommash » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:07 pm

They have a set amount of health so they can actually take a couple impales before dying. As long as they don't actually die there isn't any negative consequences.

I actually saw a video once of someone solo tanking and their whole group just ran away from the corruption and let it impale an aspect until the debuff wore off.

The damage does ramp up pretty quickly because it keeps stacking. So the first impale does 800k, the second does 1.6 million and so forth.
Grommash

Postby Oatz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Cema--thanks so much for the help. We killed it last Thursday.

Here's out video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXztwwiqkU4

One of my guildies actually asked about you in our video--I think it was while we were on the 2nd platform. I told him you were the real deal :)

We 2-tanked, 2-healed, though the feral Druid was cat for a lot of the fight. We saved hero for the 10%-->0% burn. We waited to burn until the 2nd set of terrors was dead. We also did Kalecgos last. We didn't use dream for 15/10%, but did use it around 4-5%.
Oatz

Postby Grommash » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:17 am

We killed it. Actually one shot it tonight lol. All in all we wiped more to Heroic Morchok this reset than both Deathwing encounters combined.

We stopped lusting on the blue platform and as soon as we were done with the second set of bloods we simply popped lust, any DPS CD (along with DPS pots) and burned the boss down. Mage blastwaved the third set, followed with a cone of cold and I chased after them with desecration in my spec so they could get back on the boss. All in all I think the adds were 3-4 seconds from hitting the boss (which is actually a lot of time). Seemed super clean to us!
Grommash

Postby timoseewho » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:34 pm

I hate this fight-_-, in a 3 hour raid, we wasted 5 attempts from people dying jumping from the 3rd to 4th platform (yellow to blue).... anyone know how to reproduce this problem so I tell my raiders NOT to do what they're doing?

For anyone having the same issue, do you happen to have people dying going from yellow->blue?
Last edited by timoseewho on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
timoseewho

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm pretty sure you can't reproduce it. It's latency and bad luck, afaik.
Belloc

Postby Cema » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Gj Oatz

edit : lol @ "are you 100% sure he wasn't trolling?" ah ah ah :D
Cema

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)