Remove Advertisements

[10H] Spine of Deathwing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Spine of Deathwing

Postby timoseewho » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:07 pm

About Mages, would a 385 Mage alt be better than a 395 Hunter main? Keeping in mind that the Mage doesn't have 4P.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Kishandra » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:31 pm

timoseewho wrote:About Mages, would a 385 Mage alt be better than a 395 Hunter main? Keeping in mind that the Mage doesn't have 4P.

Yes.
Kishandra

Postby timoseewho » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Kishandra wrote:
timoseewho wrote:About Mages, would a 385 Mage alt be better than a 395 Hunter main? Keeping in mind that the Mage doesn't have 4P.

Yes.

Oops, I missed that part in your post><, cool!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby rijn dael » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:45 am

Not sure if there's a better place to ask it - but I want to know for this fight :P

Is there a way on WoL to show player damage abilities against tendons?

I can see everyones damage total against tendons, and if I mouse over, I can see their top5 abilities + 'other' - but if I click on their name, I get shown their overall damage abilities for that fight - not tendon damage.

:(
rijn dael

Postby madmessias » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 am

rijn dael wrote:Not sure if there's a better place to ask it - but I want to know for this fight :P

I can see everyones damage total against tendons, and if I mouse over, I can see their top5 abilities + 'other' - but if I click on their name, I get shown their overall damage abilities for that fight - not tendon damage.

Creatures>Creatures> Burning tendons>Damage by actor :)
madmessias

Postby rijn dael » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Madmessias, that shows the total damage againt the tendons by player, but not by players abilities.

What I really want is what you see on Creatures>Creatures> Burning tendons>Damage by Spell - except for only one player, since my raid has multiple of the same class.
rijn dael

Postby madmessias » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:53 pm

rijn dael wrote:Madmessias, that shows the total damage againt the tendons by player, but not by players abilities.

What I really want is what you see on Creatures>Creatures> Burning tendons>Damage by Spell - except for only one player, since my raid has multiple of the same class.

Ah my bad.
Analyze>Damage done>By source>Target=Burning Tendon
madmessias

Postby rijn dael » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Same problem :P

It will show the damage done to tendon, and if you hover over that, the tooltip shows the damage to tendon by ability - but if you click, it is showing damage done to all targets - you will notice when you click the players damage, it doesn't match the damage done by abilities in the tooltip.

My problem is the tooltip information is what I want - except I need to see the lower damage abilities which make up 'other'
rijn dael

Postby Kishandra » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:03 pm

The only way to do it in WoL, as far as I know:

First, find out the exact times that the tendon spawned and despawned at.
Then, go to analyze: damage done, and type in: targetName = "Burning Tendons" in the expression box. (this is because left tendon and right tendon are treated as different mobs by WoL).
Finally, in the URL of the page you are looking at, the end of the URL looks like: s=####&e=####
Replace those 2 numbers with the start and end times that you obtained from browsing the log.

This is one area where recount/skada > WoL.
Kishandra

Postby rijn dael » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are basically doing the same thing as selecting a portion of the timeline graph, and clicking "zoom with tables" by doing that?

It will still show damage to other targets (eg dots still ticking on bloods, incidental aoe damage to bloods, etc?).

Or is the expression editor able to set the data shown by the graph/table data? (if so, might need some more info, cause it isn't doing that atm).

Btw, skada can't do it either - it only shows tendon damage by player, not abilities by player to the tendon - recount might be able to, although it would store pets seperately, I might need to install it and test.

For example (random log) -
Player damage to tendon
Hover over 'Madlax', and you see 55k shadowbolt volley damage to tendon (cotc trinket).
Click on Madlax to view his full damage breakdown, and you get the below:
Player breakdown for tendon alive period
Notice, 270k Shadowbolt Volley in that timerange, because he hits other targets - the detail page doesn't limit to only burning tendon damage.

I can get a rough idea of what he was doing, but not really figure out what makes up the 151.9k of 'other' damage he did, because theres way too much cleave damage in there.
rijn dael

Postby Kishandra » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Guess it's recount then, but yes, it's essentially trimming the graph to when the tendon is up. I use the method I listed above for my damage, which is always 100% focused on the tendon for that period so I guess it works.

I know for sure recount is able to do it (although you won't be able to split it up tendon by tendon the way you can in WoL) since I do it all the time when people ask me what % of their tendon damage was from this spell or ability that they're testing out.
Kishandra

Postby Cema » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:24 pm

downed it 3 days ago in 10H

if these informations can help you ... random informations inc

1 tank : me (prot pally)
3 healers : disc using smite / pally / druid
6 dps : combat rogue/sp(legendary)/arcane mage(legendary)/demonoly warlock(legendary)/fury/feral druid (offtanking during P3 and sometimes in P2)

We encoutered many problems on this boss, the dps and healing required is extreme even in 10M. We tried to do it with 2 healers and 7 dps but it proved impossible due to the amount of dispel/healing required and at the same time we didn't really had the dps to do the tendons in 2 rounds with only 6 dps

Our dps had to buy the new valor trinket with 1.30 minute cooldown to increase their dps during the tendon and this proved sufficient with a round on tendons every 1.30 minute

Then the problem was the number of adds spawning after we killed the first tendon. They were just too many and they were destroying me so after quite a number of try we figured out that we had to kill some without feeding the amalgamation wich meant that our feral druid had to tank the amalgamation while the other dps were killing alot of blood. But doing this we were losing time and time is the most precious thing on this boss. Never ever loose time on spine heroic. Loosing time means more blood spawning means you will be overwhelmed quickly. So we had to change our mind and stack every single mob on me the longer we could before our feral druid had to shapeshift to save my ass. Then we were doing aoe on blood while having the amalgamation standing near to be able to cleave it without feeding it.

Then we killed the 2nd tendon and the end of the world began literally cause there were so many bloods spawning after that ... that they completely destroyed me cause I didn't have a single Dragon Soul token (bad luck on drops .. and I still don't have any T13 NORMAL part).
Speaking about tanking on this boss, your gear has to be good, cause you have to be block capped and at the same time missing a blood is not allowed. Bloods hit for 30k on leather and cloth wearers, 60k crit, if a blood hits a player more than thrice he is oftenly dead (especially at the end of the fight when everybody but the tank has only 100k HP). You have to pick the bloods quickly, and after 8 minutes of fight there is something like 1 blood spawning/respawning every second. But more, you have to keep a good avoidance for the end of the fight because if not you could be killed by the bloods in 1 gcd.
So all in all you have to be block capped and have 6% hit (bloods are lvl 87) and the more dodge/parry you can.
I was ilvl 392 which is low (our dps are mostly ilvl ~401 )so I had to replace every single rare gem by an epic one to gain stamina and avoidance (yeah full epic gems on T12 heroic.. really http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/a ... a/advanced)

And then after our dps/healers replaced all their rare gems by epic one ... we killed it

Cooldown managing and good timing on this fight is really important. The more we progressed througt it the more I understood that I had to keep my big cooldowns for the very end of the fight, the last amalgamation, it's really important that you have all your cooldowns during the last minute of the fight, you wont live without defensive cooldown on you more than 0,5 second because you will have a shitload of mobs on you

Some more points that can be usefull

Defensive rotation I used on every amalgamation
1 - Holy shield
2 - Valor point trinket
3 - Holy shield
at this point the amalgamation was oftenly low on health
4 - Divine protection
5 - 4part T12 bonus = 12% parry
at this point amalgamation dead, few bloods, no cooldown or Holy shield if many bloods (after P2). I was swaping to seal of insight after P2

Defensive rotation during last minute of the fight
1 - Holy shield
2 - Divine protection
5 - 4part T12 bonus = 12% parry + Hand of sacrifice
3 - Holy shield
4 - Valor point trinket
5 - Ardent defender
6 - Holy shield
7 - Guardian of ancient king
8 - Pain suppression

Stats for the kill
193k hp unbuffed / 16% dodge / 16% parry / block capped / 6% hit / 6% expertise with glyph

Spec : who the fuck cares

Glyph : glyph of holy wrath is your best friend on this shit. Use it on cooldown but save it for the moment amalgamation explode. Oftenly you will have you amalgamation as target and some blood will spawn while you are not able to target your mates. Just holy wrath at this moment, then use your 3 seconds to come back to your raid during the explosion and save their ass

Our best dps on tendons were the arcane mage, the fury warrior, then the combat rogue and SP. Demonoly warlock was extremely usefull for big aoe phase on bloods. The combat rogue is usefull to aoe down slowly the bloods at the end of the fight to help the tank survive. The arcane mage and the shadow priest were dpsing tentacles on grips

Holy pally was trying to make me get the blood of neltharion debuff as long as he was not overwhelmed by more important things to do

Feeding amalgamation and rolling them is an important thing. You can get rid of many bloods every time you kill a tendon. Just kill tentacles, grab amalgamations, aoe down bloods and roll. It's not easy to do because it has to be done quickly and without cooldown on the raid, cooldowns have to be saved for the real aoe on bloods during P2 and P3. If you're good at it you can get rid of roughly a total ~20 bloods by feeding amalgamations and rolling them

You can feed amalgamations with more than 9 bloods I believe. Just try to kill the bloods on the same point. The amalgamation will feed on the spot and take all the bloods during the lag and will realize only 0,5 after that is has 9 stacks. Don't expect to get rid of all the bloods by doing this but it can surely help. One more thing to say about amalgamation is that you will need to feed them really quickly at the end of the fight. 2 fire aoe = ok. 3 = wipe. After the first round on the second tendon I used to taunt them from our feral druid when they had 400k hp left and boom .. give them 9 stack in one second while the dps were finishing them.

Don't try to dps the tendon as a tank after the first one is dead. Protect the raid, protect your healers. What we did was
1st tendon - I was helping at dps and the healers too
2nd tendon - dps used potions
3rd tendon - bloodlust

good luck
Cema

Postby bvennik » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:29 am

rijn dael wrote:Not sure if there's a better place to ask it - but I want to know for this fight :P

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p ... 01&e=11450

Is this what you want?
bvennik

Postby rijn dael » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:13 pm

You have made my day sir :-)

Is there a syntactical way to include a specific doomguard in that(guid maybe?) - I can manually include pets by name, but doomguard is a generic guardian, not a named pet.
/hug

Pets added, but no way to determine who owns the doomguard

Sidenote for anyone wanting this in game, recount does show it - but excludes pets and guardians.

/happydance.

@Cema - do you have a video of your kill? Or logs?

Trying to figure out how you handle one tank with bloods + amalg, but from the sound of things you aoe them down evenly, then burst aoe kill them all at once?
Sounds like once your feral swaps to tank role he just burns them one after another to 400k hp, where you taunt them and tank till you are ready to burn 9 at once in aoe?
rijn dael

Postby Cema » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:22 pm

We don't wait the amalgamation to be at 400k hp to burn the bloods in aoe. We just burn them during the dps on the amalgamation with a cooldown on the raid. You just can't stop dps on the amalgamation. You have to aoe the bloods the clever way with the amalgamation standing 1 yard away from them so it takes big damages from aoe too

log : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j ... 514&e=4179
vid (holy pov) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fzNQytBb_Y
Cema

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)