[10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby stevos » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:41 am

A stupid question, but how do you get the warbringer into the big impact points without him putting his frontal conal attack DoT on everyone?
stevos

Postby Brosterr » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:38 am

try to always face them outwards, and make sure the raid stays kinda spread out in the onslaught. there is alot of room to spread around so you arent all so bunched up, use it, tanks getting the outsides facing out.
Brosterr

Postby Bellante » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:44 am

Fenrìr wrote:Ugh, we're totally getting our rears kicked by this boss. We're practically soaking all Onslaughts with the entire raid and attempting to get the barrages as we can (which I think is our failing point).

How muc health does the Skyfire have and how are other people dealing with soaking?

We switched tactics a lot on this boss, and finally got it last night.

What we discovered works really well is to IGNORE all barrages until the ship is under 30%. We all soak onslaughts.

This makes it a lot easier on healers' mana, it makes it much less likely to get random "fuck, I soaked a barrage alone" gibs, and much easier to watch charges. The ship ends fairly low, but that's the idea anyway. It also means you can focus on doing a lot more dps on adds and drakes. If you start noticing that the ship goes down too fast on some try's versus others, it's likely because dps was lacking on drakes.

It feels stupid to ignore a major mechanic like that, but it just works so well.
Bellante

Postby stevos » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 am

Brosterr wrote:try to always face them outwards, and make sure the raid stays kinda spread out in the onslaught. there is alot of room to spread around so you arent all so bunched up, use it, tanks getting the outsides facing out.

Surely no matter how you approach a circle with a mob attached to you, your going to risk having it cast the cleave on the whole raid, since is conal. Ok the adds of it casting at the time you position him is low but i can't see how you can completely avoid it.
stevos

Postby Ezelyn » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:52 am

Bellante wrote:What we discovered works really well is to IGNORE all barrages until the ship is under 30%. We all soak onslaughts.

hi, two questions about this :
- what do you do when the ship in under 30 ? soaking barrage with 2 people and soaking unslaught ?
- when you say there is more dps on dragon, does that means you can reach 2-2-2 ? or is it 2-2-1-1 ?
Ezelyn

Postby Bellante » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 am

Ezelyn wrote:
Bellante wrote:What we discovered works really well is to IGNORE all barrages until the ship is under 30%. We all soak onslaughts.

hi, two questions about this :
- what do you do when the ship in under 30 ? soaking barrage with 2 people and soaking unslaught ?
- when you say there is more dps on dragon, does that means you can reach 2-2-2 ? or is it 2-2-1-1 ?

1: When the ship is under 30%, we have 3 different groups of 2 people soaking in designated areas of the ship, and everyone soaking onslaught.

2: The increased dps on the drakes come from not having to run around spending time on barrages and making sure your partner is going into the barrage with you, dodging fire and blade rush at the same time.

Not entirely sure what you mean by 2-2-1-1, our dps is split up on either drake, killing them at the same time. Perhaps that answers your question?
Bellante

Postby Ezelyn » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:45 pm

was asking if you could kill both dragon on the third wave, thanks for the answers
Ezelyn

Postby timoseewho » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Ezelyn wrote:was asking if you could kill both dragon on the third wave, thanks for the answers

Yea, the main downside to it is that you could end up with the ground adds at half health going into P2, making it a little messier.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Bellante » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:06 am

timoseewho wrote:
Ezelyn wrote:was asking if you could kill both dragon on the third wave, thanks for the answers

Yea, the main downside to it is that you could end up with the ground adds at half health going into P2, making it a little messier.

Using the strat we employed, we simply tanked the 2 adds in the middle, being dps'ed by the rogue, popped BL when drakes were snared with all dps switching (including rogue), and as soon as drakes were down, we returned to the adds of course, focusing down the dreadblade. When the warmaster landed, we normally only had the elite left with 10-20% health left.
Bellante

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:45 pm

With the upcoming 10 percent nerf think it would be better to 3 heal and still beat the enrage? My group set up is kind of melee heavy so I want to 2 heal so our priest can be his MS of shadow ( plus solo soak the things). I just don't know how difficult 2 healing it will be.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:12 pm

I honestly don't see why 3-healing would be better with the 10% when the 10% is just going to make it even easier to 2-heal and kill all the things faster.
Darielle

Postby Winkle » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 am

Darielle wrote:I honestly don't see why 3-healing would be better with the 10% when the 10% is just going to make it even easier to 2-heal and kill all the things faster.

Agreed. 2 healing is adequate, the majority of the time people don't die on this from lack of healing. DPSing everything down quicker in P1 and P2 will just make things that much easier than bringing a 3rd heal.
Winkle

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:59 am

It's a lack of healing when my health runs to 0 cause I didn't want to move out of shockwave!
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Lionnis » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Had a dozen or so tries last night, 3 heals is probably feasible with 0 melee but i'm thinking 2 heals is definitely the way to go. This is a very challenging fight... we're also having trouble the entire f-ing ship covered in fire, i'm assuming the fire graphic bug still exists?
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:55 am

Had a dozen or so tries last night, 3 heals is probably feasible with 0 melee but i'm thinking 2 heals is definitely the way to go. This is a very challenging fight... we're also having trouble the entire f-ing ship covered in fire, i'm assuming the fire graphic bug still exists?

The fire graphic bug is fairly easy to keep in check if you just move on top of the patches that they're shooting water at. But yes, it does exist.
Darielle

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)