Remove Advertisements

[10H] Ultraxion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Ultraxion

Postby rijn dael » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:20 pm

d07.RiV wrote:we're pretty concerned about having enough DPS to avoid going far into 6th minute.

I admit to not checking the kills this week, but the best last week were in the just-after-5min range, as 6dps.

While I don't think dps will be an issue if you 6dps, I wouldn't count on getting a sub5min kill if your dps are already concerning you.

One trick that is handy - you don't get lust if you are in the other realm, so having your healers click their buttons just before the pull, then lusting right on the pull for only the dps allows your dps to gain max dps from cd/procs/prepot stacked, while giving healers max benefit for the end of the kill (mage lust is 5min cd iirc, not sure about shaman - we 3heal, so our kills are in the 5:45 range anyway).
rijn dael

Postby timoseewho » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Pro tip above^, we gave it some attempts on Wednesday, will go back on Monday, can't wait to use lust/warp at the beginning this time:]. Our rotation goes a little bit like this, if you can find a way to refine it better, feel free to point it out:

1. tank1 + Cloak of Shadows
2. tank2 + Deterrence
3. hPaladin Divine Shield + Dispersion
4. tank1 + Cloak of Shadows
5. tank2 + Deterrence
6. Ice Block + Dispersion
7. tank1 + Cloak of Shadows
8. tank2 + Deterrence <- hopefully doesn't get to this point lol
Our remaining DPS'ers are a demWarlock and enShaman. We have a hPaladin and rShaman healer. Anything special that these healers can do to make the healing even easier?

And the goal is to kill it after the 7th twilight, which comes around the 5:45 mark.
Last edited by timoseewho on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Kishandra » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Fairly sure you can't divine shield/iceblock through an hour of twilight. At least all our paladins/mages were using DP + hand of sac from someone else or cauterize to get through it.

You need 3 groups of soakers to rotate between the hour of twilights, so you could do something like:

1.) tank1 + deterrence.
2.) tank2 + dispersion.
3.) cloak + cauterize.
4.) repeat

edit: now that I think about it, I think it was more like you could use iceblock/bubble, but it takes you out of the twilight realm just like heroic will, so it doesn't count as a soaker for hour of twilight.
Last edited by Kishandra on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kishandra

Postby timoseewho » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:56 am

Kishandra wrote:Fairly sure you can't divine shield/iceblock through an hour of twilight. At least all our paladins/mages were using DP + hand of sac from someone else or cauterize to get through it.

You need 3 groups of soakers to rotate between the hour of twilights, so you could do something like:

1.) tank1 + deterrence.
2.) tank2 + disperion.
3.) cloak + cauterize.
4.) repeat

Granted we didn't give it too many goes, but when I called for it (the Mage and hPaladin to do their thing with IB/DS), they didn't die:]. Thanks to you though, I reorganized the rotation, because I realized that mine was a little clustered and confusing at times. I'll definitely keep the DP+HoS in mind though.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:20 am

We used divine shield and ice block in our normal mode kill last night (to get the achievement) and it worked just fine.
Belloc

Postby rijn dael » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:59 am

timoseewho wrote:We have a hPaladin and rShaman healer. Anything special that these healers can do to make the healing even easier?

spirit-link totem or w/e it is called is huge - with that up, you can put off losing the 'you died then went back to full hp' buff for much longer, which increases your stability at the tail end of the fight, when everything is going to hell. We actually swapped our disc priest out for an rsham alt for our first kill, it made the last phase so much more reliable.
rijn dael

Postby Jankrd » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:13 am

I'm a bit confused about the bubble and iceblock. Do they work or not? For example one HOT with hpally with bubble and mage with iceblock... Someones say yes, others say no, as well as in this thread. I would be grateful if somebody could clarify this.
Jankrd

Postby Kitmajere » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:58 pm

I know for a fact that they work. We used that exact combo (DS and Iceblock) for our second to last hour of twilight this week on HM Ultraxion 10 man. We saved complete immunities such as those for later in the fight so that the person soaking HoT wouldn't be low going into the insane AoE dmg.
Kitmajere

Postby Jankrd » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Yeah it worked fine, thx.
Jankrd

Postby Adornus » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:18 am

So we downed this guy last night. I got a question from a random on how to go about healing and who gets what buffs as a holy paladin. I decided to make a flow chart this morning when I got into work to describe this fight for a holy paladin.

Adornus

Postby Ezelyn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:47 am

I love this flow chart :)

got a question about healing assignment.
We are doing this with Paladin + Priest.
How should we assign them (tank + raid, full raid), what spec to use (disc holy ?) and which crystals ?

Holy priest green => raid duty
Paladin red + blue => tank duty at start and raid duty after 3min ?
i'm not sure how could i manage my mana during the last 2 min without blue (im the priest), neither hymne or manatide

i'm pretty sure a drood instead of priest would be a good improvment, doesn't it ?
paladin on red + blue, drood on green, drood take care about tanks and paladin rollface the fight ?
Ezelyn

Postby Adornus » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:52 am

There's no reason to setup a tank healer. If your holy pally casts every three holy radiances on the tank, they'll be fine. LoD makes things a lot easier.

As long as the pally gets blue, it works out. You could have the other healer take red and the hpal take green and blue (what we did our first kill) or have the hpal take both red and blue (what we did last night). It all depends on comfortable you feel with him to roll his face properly.

I joke about it, but honestly, it is probably solo healable by a holy pally with an external mana cool down or two. Last night I put up about 66k hps, and I still had 16 million in over heals and we never had anyone hit time loop. The hardest part would honestly be closer to the start than the end. In fact, we may try this next weekend, and if so I will fraps it.
Adornus

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:35 pm

I would love to see that video lol. It kind of makes since.. you'd get the boss down faster/ less fuck ups. and tanks should have enough CD's to handle everything. So if tanks manage CD's right and you get boomkin innervate you should be golden. I love that chart and I'd love to see it solo healed. I picture needing at least a disc priest lol.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:21 am

Adornus wrote:There's no reason to setup a tank healer. If your holy pally casts every three holy radiances on the tank, they'll be fine. LoD makes things a lot easier.

The only reason for tanks to get damage spikes is if they taunt too early after fading light, due to the 100% damage taken debuff. Most tanks can keep defensive cooldowns up for the entire fight, so they should hardly take any more damage then everyone else.
d07.RiV

Postby Adornus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:04 pm

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:I would love to see that video lol. It kind of makes since.. you'd get the boss down faster/ less fuck ups. and tanks should have enough CD's to handle everything. So if tanks manage CD's right and you get boomkin innervate you should be golden. I love that chart and I'd love to see it solo healed. I picture needing at least a disc priest lol.

It sounds like we may do it the coming Sunday if we get the first four down quick enough (pretty much all dependent on how quick with get Hagara). I WILL be frapsing it if we do it and it will go up on youtube that night. Here are my logs from last night. I took red and blue because our holy priest just said, "there's no reason to take anything if you have a holy pally in the raid.".

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/07ftxalw ... 227&e=2549

As far as CD rotation, I'm thinking (since the kill will probably come around 4:45 or so). Also, you want to cast Plea on CD over the Heroic Wills. Have the boomy/feral cast innervate on CD as well. We have Warr and Druid as tanks with 4pc. The most healing intensive parts, and most mana burned, will be between 2:00 and 3:30 (with most mana between 2:45 and 3:30 - expect about 50%). If you can hit blue in decent shape with mana (15% + Divinity up + Pot up), with everyone up, you should be okay to make it.

Admittedly, I don't know exact CDs on tank CDs, so those could probably change based on 2m or 3m.

Prepot Volcanic
0:00 - Hero (DPS)
0:30 - Frenzied Regen 4pc
1:00 - Divine Favor
1:30 - Red comes out
1:45 - Wings
2:00 - Rallying Cry
2:30 - Somewhere around here you'll need boomy tranq or hymm from spriest
3:30 - Blue Comes out
3:45 - Wings
4:00 - Frenzied Regen 4pc
4:00 - Hero (Healer)