Remove Advertisements

[10H] Hagara

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Hagara

Postby timoseewho » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:13 pm

How have people been dealing with Focused Assault without a Paladin healer? Just heal through it?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:08 am

Apparently bears and death knights are much better for this since they don't rely on block. If not, as I mentioned above, you can taunt her from range and then taunt it back, from the few tries we did when I was tanking, this worked perfectly and nobody got hit (although this also kinda requires a paladin healer since other taunt classes are melee or need to shapeshift). Just healing through it was really, really, bad - unless you have GotAK, you will need spam heals every time, which opens a lot of room for failure for random reasons.

Whew, got it.
Normal phase was pretty hectic, with no real switch assignments, people just tried to avoid getting more than 3 stacks. Sometimes the tank or a melee got a huge amount of stacks by accident, but its not fatal as long as they don't get hit by shattered ice. Had a DK tank this time, a rotation of defensive CDs and 2 hands of sac was enough (plus additional spam healing when a healer got iceblocked).
For lightning phase we had two groups of two people each, running in opposite directions, while the rest stay in the middle (healing CDs are used here). If the linking people don't screw up, this phase is really easy. The pillar damage could be ignored for the most part.
For frost phase we did our best to stay as one group, eventually a few people got left behind if they had to run in to dodge the wall, we just tried to make sure there's a healer in reach of everyone. All dispels were done inside the bubble, which was very important. This phase was pretty long, but after quite a few attempts nobody was dying from it anymore.
The boss enraged after the 4th transition phase, but she died before the stun ended.
d07.RiV

Postby McHayes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:36 am

Bears(or DK's) are indeed much better to let them tank Hagara, I kinda forced our bear to tank it when I magically had to 'go away for a bit' and they handled FA much easier. Another annoying issue is that she becomes immune to taunt after 5 taunts so first FA is 2 taunts, 2nd FA is 2 taunts, and last FA the healerdin would taunt and needed a bubble. Luckily we use plenty of paladins in a 10man raid for it to cause no troubles.

I haven't read too much on shattered ice which is the reason I dwelled into this thread. It seems she only casts it to a player _in front_ of her. This is 100% accurate for normal(killing normal cus of holidays >_>). I've yet to test this on Heroic, but it seems plausible.
Also 'infront of her' as an 180° angle. Melee grabbing an icelance could easily get it if they position themselves just one degree infront of her. It's been causing random deaths if a player was getting a lot ice lances. But if she only casts this infront of her it shouldn't be that big of a deal, though it would need a bit of testing on heroic.
Sirq - Warrior Tank
Mchayes - Paladin Tank
McHayes

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 am

Never heard of it, not sure. We're trying to avoid getting more than 2-3 stacks, and using an aura mastery by the end of each beam phase (2 hpallies).
d07.RiV

Postby Adornus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 am

Here's a breakdown of some things we learned for our H Hagara kill.

Normal Phase:
  • We had the tank stack slightly off-center. With this, we had the ice tombs stack directly in the center as to not LoS the tank and healers.
  • We had a holy pally taunt off Focused Assault each time. However, since there is a DR on taunt and gives an immunity, we ran the following rotation: First (both taunted), Second (All three taunted, bubble used on third), Third (First two taunted, last eaten with Sac + 50% tank CD), Fourth (All three taunted, BoP used on third)
  • Shattered Ice was one shotting, a lot. Thus, we would have someone step in to take over stacks during the FA cast. This generally mimized any Shatter Ice one-shots (we still had some screw ups though).

Ice Phase:
  • We had all ranged + tank (druid) stack up in middle. We had 3 melee run around the outside. We healed through the damage in the middle which also allowed the range to turret each of the pillars.
  • We didn't dispell anyone in the ranged group and just healed through it.
  • Generally, each ice phase cost healers around 40% of their mana.

Lightning Phase:
  • Had two groups of two run around the outside to chain the lightning. Everyone else stack in the middle.
  • Healers were split: one dedicated to each two man group and the last to the rest of the raid.
  • Usually healing CDs were used by the dedicated healers.
Adornus

Postby Bellante » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:57 am

Adornus wrote:[*]Shattered Ice was one shotting, a lot. Thus, we would have someone step in to take over stacks during the FA cast. This generally mimized any Shatter Ice one-shots (we still had some screw ups though).[/list]

A tip (which I believe was mentioned in this thread somewhere): Only people 180 degrees in front of the boss get hit by shattered ice. In other words, you can place her (and the raid) in such a way that only the tank gets hit. That does mean he will be taking shitloads of damage from Ice lance, which can be helped by the melee dps trying to intervene a bit. We killed her last night, 3 healing, no taunting off, plenty of time until enrage. This sort of positioning is a lot easier to pull off if you don't taunt off and just heal through FA, but I realise that might not be everyone's idea of a good time.

Here's a log for damage taken by Shattered Ice for our kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c ... 868&e=7277

I think she only shot the tank in the face right after pull, and that was it, she didn't do it again, probably because noone else was in front of her.

Vid of this sort of tactic is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9yZS_Xu ... e=youtu.be
Bellante

Postby Phonic » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Anyone have a video of the group standing in the bubble and healing through?
Phonic

Postby Bellante » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Phonic wrote:Anyone have a video of the group standing in the bubble and healing through?

We messed with this during progress, and tbh, it's completely pointless. We 3 healed it, and killed with over a minute to spare, so just run around in a big group and play it safe, dispelling people with the debuff when they run to the outer edge.

Aspect of the pack really saves the day.
Bellante

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:18 am

Just a couple of questions about Focused Assault.

what's the cooldown on this? 1 min?

What seems to be the general avg of damage that people are experiencing?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Kishandra » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:28 am

Fenrìr wrote:Just a couple of questions about Focused Assault.

what's the cooldown on this? 1 min?

What seems to be the general avg of damage that people are experiencing?

About 15 sec, and 50k/half sec for 5 sec.
Last edited by Kishandra on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kishandra

Postby Adornus » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:53 am

Phonic wrote:Anyone have a video of the group standing in the bubble and healing through?

I can try and fraps one this week for ya. I didn't get our first kill vid because I was lazy.

We actually found this tactic to be easier since our DPS couldn't handle where to move for dispells.

EDIT - I got a FRAPS of us standing in bubble tonight. I'll post it up here after raid so it should be up for the morning.
Adornus

Postby Adornus » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxdXNlR4qXc
Adornus

Postby Phonic » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks!!
Phonic

Postby Adornus » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Phonic wrote:Thanks!!

Essentially we just pop one CD a piece (I pop DF, there is a Hymm, and tree-form). This is more than plenty for healing it feels like.

That was also the first time (and attempt) we tried using the strat where we pulled her to the outer edge to avoid Shattered Ice on anyone but the tank. It seemed like it worked.
Adornus

Postby Schroom » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:22 am

mh well focused assault seems like NO problem at all, I just put on my Stamina gear and go for 240+ HP. then it's survivable even without cooldown (to keep the healers fromg etting a heart attack I used devine shield on first and GOAK on 2nd none the less ;-) )

the one thing that is killing us is the lightning phase. it's just TOO much damage.
frost phase is really funny tho as a paladin, hand of freedom, bubble, AD ftw!
Schroom

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)