Remove Advertisements

[10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Postby melisandyr » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:58 pm

It's written above, but if you give the adds a couple of seconds to fixate, then you don't get any fixate overlaps, and no-one has more than one hitting them.
This makes the healing tolerable.

For tank cooldowns, I found I could get good coverage of the tanked phase by:
- triggering guarded by the light for the first six seconds;
- pushing glyphed divine protection at 3 stacks
- pushing mirror of broken images when divine protection faded
- using word of glory on cooldown whenever blue or purple were active
- switching to seal of insight when purple was up, to take a bit of stress from our healers
- use GOAK whenever we had a really nasty combination (green and red for us)
- save Ardent defender for when you have an emergency (with so many combinations this will happen once in the fight at least)
- having LoH ready as a second life (when glyphed you could use this twice if you get a bad combination in the early two_
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby Juugimus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 pm

So in our first night of attempts we got him down to about 40%.

Today I had this crazy idea. His melee damage doesn't seem to be that high. Tonight when I go in I'm going to equip this with my MIrror.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50361

I have tested it and they DO stack unless something has changed since last patch.

You have a couple hours to talk me out of it :lol:

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Juugimus wrote:Today I had this crazy idea. His melee damage doesn't seem to be that high. Tonight when I go in I'm going to equip this with my MIrror.

It's not crazy. Don't stack them, though, use separately. With HS -> Fang -> Mirror -> DP (glyphed) you have 100% coverage of damage reduction on every tanking rotation (HS when it's just melee and the DoT isn't a real problem, MR cooldown when it is). GAnK and AD are available for emergencies.

Also, consider resist elixir. Name of the game on H-Yor'shaj is minimizing required healing. Blizzard finally made TDR count for something.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Juugimus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Meloree wrote:
Juugimus wrote:Today I had this crazy idea. His melee damage doesn't seem to be that high. Tonight when I go in I'm going to equip this with my MIrror.

It's not crazy. Don't stack them, though, use separately. With HS -> Fang -> Mirror -> DP (glyphed) you have 100% coverage of damage reduction on every tanking rotation (HS when it's just melee and the DoT isn't a real problem, MR cooldown when it is). GAnK and AD are available for emergencies.

Also, consider resist elixir. Name of the game on H-Yor'shaj is minimizing required healing. Blizzard finally made TDR count for something.

That's a good idea Mel. I'm already using the resist elixir. And I'm using a FL cloak that I threw +20 Shadow resist on. We'll see how it goes.

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Repartee » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:20 pm

How long does each wave last? Reason I ask is because those 4 cd's have 40 seconds of coverage...
When 40 seconds are remaining in an ooze cycle, how many stacks of void bolt is on the tank?
This will help planning the HS, Fang, Mirror, DP cycle.
Would be great to have DP run out right as the 8 stack wears off.

I can't test as we already did it on normal this week. Holidays + SWTOR wrecked our raiding week.
Repartee

Postby Juugimus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Repartee wrote:How long does each wave last? Reason I ask is because those 4 cd's have 40 seconds of coverage...
When 40 seconds are remaining in an ooze cycle, how many stacks of void bolt is on the tank?
This will help planning the HS, Fang, Mirror, DP cycle.
Would be great to have DP run out right as the 8 stack wears off.

I can't test as we already did it on normal this week. Holidays + SWTOR wrecked our raiding week.

So, if you pop HS when he starts attacking again, Fang at 2 stacks, Mirror when Fang runs out then DP, you still have a few seconds left on DP when the next blobs come out.

*Edit

Fang seems to be helping a lot. I haven't been getting those quick tank deaths on bad purple combos. Seems to make the healing a lot more manageable.

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby jekoh » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:19 am

Juugimus wrote:Fang seems to be helping a lot. I haven't been getting those quick tank deaths on bad purple combos. Seems to make the healing a lot more manageable.

I don't use Fang, I kept a trinket with more stamina but it is not a bad idea, I use some others stuff :
- a cloak with +20 shadow resistance (wotlk enchant) better than +250 armor - http://www.wowhead.com/item=37334
- the magical resistance flask (+90 all magical resistance)
- a second head with wotlk arcanum : +30 stam / +25 shadow resist instead of arcanum of the earthern ring ( 90 stam / 35 dodge) - http://www.wowhead.com/item=44139
- I put also the meta Effulgent Shadowspirit Diamond +81 Stamina and Reduce Spell Damage Taken by 2% but not sure it is worth the game

with these and priest shadow buff, I am all the fight 330 shadow resistance which smooth a lot the void bolt damage and dots so the healers manage more easily the purple ooze avoiding some explosions

I even think if I was leatherworking I would remove my bracer enchant for http://www.wowhead.com/spell=57696 +70 shadow resistance instead of +50 dodge
jekoh

Postby Juugimus » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:06 am

I use the cloak and the flask as well. Hadn't thought of the Helm enchant.

I'm using the fang because, even though I'm losing some stam on the trinket, the main causes of death are heavy bursts of magic damage (mainly shadow but some fire and nature as well). Being able to dial up extra resist on demand for those periods really helps mitigate the main tank killers and I'm able to resist more than the extra 5k health I would gain with another stam trinket.. Outside of those periods of burst damage, I'm spending more time trying to chip in damage to the boss or adds as the damage at those times is negligible.

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:16 am

Question of the day: anyone knows what heals -do not- trigger purple?
So far I've seen Death Strike and raidwide Frenzied Regen don't, I heard Lay on Hands doesn't either but have no confirm of it, anyone got some?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:14 am

Worldie wrote:Question of the day: anyone knows what heals -do not- trigger purple?
So far I've seen Death Strike and raidwide Frenzied Regen don't, I heard Lay on Hands doesn't either but have no confirm of it, anyone got some?

LoH doesn't, WoG doesn't, Beacon doesn't, healthstone + health pot don't, seal of insight + souldrinker don't.

Scales of life heal does from what I recall.
Rhiannon

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:59 am

Are we sure about WoG? I was afraid of using it...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Juugimus » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:16 am

Worldie wrote:Are we sure about WoG? I was afraid of using it...

Positive it doesn't. I've been using it every attempt.

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby stevos » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:49 am

Anyone tried eye for an eye on this fight as tank.

Its a dps race and since its also zero movement fight as tank, or close to it, i was wondering if Eye would do some decent dps from the shadow dmg you take.
stevos

Postby madmessias » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:55 am

stevos wrote:Anyone tried eye for an eye on this fight as tank.

Its a dps race and since its also zero movement fight as tank, or close to it, i was wondering if Eye would do some decent dps from the shadow dmg you take.

about 1% for me last two weeks, and i got 1talent in it. (Solotanked it) so def worth it
madmessias

Postby Masanori » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Rhiannon wrote:LoH doesn't, WoG doesn't, Beacon doesn't, healthstone + health pot don't, seal of insight + souldrinker don't.

Pardon my curiosity, but Souldrinker's Drain Life doesn't? I've always been swapping it out for the Mandible when Deep Corruption was in play, but if it's confirmed that it doesn't affect the stacks then that is a load off of my mind in that encounter. :)

I did, however, feel like using a healthstone did apply a stack -- but that could be a timely heal as well from an external source that I didn't notice.
Masanori
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)