Remove Advertisements

[10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Postby Rhiannon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Taeron wrote:I have pretty much all the gear I can to this point but I feel incredibly squishy on this fight. Healers are having a problem keeping me up on purple with only 4 heals per 20sec unless I chain CDs. Any tips for paladin tanks or should we just cheese it with an alt DK tank? :)

Healers we have are disco priest, holy paladin and druid.

Thanks.

Is your hpala beaconing you and spamming a pet? Failing that, he can still WoG you without generating stacks, and ofc you should be WoGing yourself. Seal of Insight for what it's worth as well if you're not. The tail end is a lot harder to deal with than the beginning, push back your cd usage until 4 stacks, rotate GoAK, AD and a HoSac or PS for the end of each cycle. Make sure you're standing pretty much right under the boss whenever it's red + purple so that you're not one of the ones getting hit by the red beam. LoH doesn't generate stacks, those if you're dying without forbearance with someone's LoH being off cooldown then that should be fixed.

And if when you mention three healers, you mean you're bringing all three healers to this fight, don't. If you have the dps to three heal it, you have the dps to two heal it and two tank it, which as Belloc said would be infinitely easier. I don't even know what three healers would do on that fight unless you're killing all purples or something.
Rhiannon

Postby gomashon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:38 am

Tell your healers to do some research as to what applies a purple stack and what does not, and how to push more healing with the heals that do apply a stack.
Assign the healer with the biggest heals to do the single target heals to you (instead of getting a 30k heal from a druid you could get a 100k heal from a shaman for example).
Every healer has several things/tricks that help out - find them and take advantage of those. One example is WoG / beacon. Another is Focused Insight.
Group Therapy (Ravencrest-EU), 2 raid days per week, 8/8 25-Heroic, always recruiting.
gomashon

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 am

Glyphed DivProt has a 1min CD and TB trinket also has a 1min CD. Pop one of them at 20secs prior to next summon, and pop the other as that wears off. Major sources of tank damage are applications of the new DoT, as well as the DoT itself. Melee is definitely a smaller component of incoming tank damage. Popping these CDs at this point will give a tank coverage for all new DoTs and DoT ticks for the final part of the phase when the DoT is at higher stacks, greatly alleviating healing requirements. Once the boss summons you still have the DoT ticking on you, but no more melee hits or new stacks being applied, so you can survive without CDs. Both these CDs are available for EVERY phase, leaving GanK and AD (and DivGuard) for other situations.

Using Prismatic/Mastery elixir combo can help with magic damage while maintaining block cap given the lower Mastery level on the TB trinket compared to more up to date trinkets.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Cowmmunion » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:19 am

I know that my healers never have an issue keeping me up when we don't have purple. I pop the DP near the end of every set of oozes, once the void bolt stacks have gotten a bit high. Whenever my stacks of purple get a bit too high and the healers start to panic, I use my bigger cooldowns - AD, GoAK, LoH. It's hard to predict when to use those correctly on this fight - it's pretty much a 'as needed' thing. In purple phases I use my WoG pretty much on cooldown. If you are handling mana voids at all correctly, non purple phases should be a joke, thus all cooldowns should be used on purple. When we had a Ret paladin, we used to also use Hand of Sac on the tank from time to time on purple also.
Cowmmunion

Postby Calleana » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:28 am

We 1 tank and 3 healed this as our healers struggled with 2 tank, 2 healing it, not sure why but they did so we found 1T, 3H much easier.

Beacon and divine light to others seemed to work really well for us and remember you have a lots of external damage reduction cooldowns to help out such as hand of sacrifice and pain suppression. Another good tip somewhere earlier in the thread but so good it bears repeating GaAK duplicated heals from your holy paladin doesn't generate stacks. We found putting together a healer cooldown list for each combination very helpful e.g. aura mastery on red, purple & black.

We had exactly the same combo of healers last week (neither the holy druid nor the priest had healed a kill here before) so here are our logs if they are helpful http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ko2f3wsrvqtc2exu/dashboard/?s=4298&e=4874.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby timoseewho » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:15 am

We've been 1T/2H'ing it since the beginning with great success. We tend to fail when we bring in another healer-_- (due to a DPS missing the night and having to bring in our extra healer), might be because we handle the purple ooze and with more healer means more debuffs perhaps?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby jekoh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Cowmmunion wrote:Whenever my stacks of purple get a bit too high and the healers start to panic, I use my bigger cooldowns - AD, GoAK, LoH. It's hard to predict when to use those correctly on this fight - it's pretty much a 'as needed' thing. In purple phases I use my WoG pretty much on cooldown.

Like Timo, we did it 1T/2H since the beggining
DP glyphed and tol barad trinket to cover the range of dot ticks and application, + cloak with wotlk shadow resistance and resist flask
With purple phase or even without I use AD or GOAK preventively, if you use one per phase, one will always be avalaible for the next phase it avoid to stack to quick purple stack and healer panic. If you wait to be low life or high stack to use the CD, it's too late the correctly timing and manner is to use it preventively not trying to predict
jekoh

Postby gronc2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 am

sorry if it was mentioned already, but I couldn't find it, does our divine guardian 4 piece cause stacks of corruption?

gronc
gronc2

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 am

Why should it? It doesn't heal.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby gronc2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:45 am

yeah stupid question is stupid, sorry

gronc
gronc2

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)