Remove Advertisements

[10] Madness of Deathwing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Madness of Deathwing

Postby superworm » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 am

Imo, the biggest problem tanks could encounter is in P2, when you need to tank the 2 Elementium Terrors, which put a stacking bleed on the tank. Impale should only happen once on each platform, if you use 1T/2H strategy.
superworm

Re: [10] Madness of Deathwing

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 am

Part of the benefit of delaying limb damage is healer mana. I would also describe this as:

DPS limb - burn mutated tentacle hard - Burn Bolt - Wait on Hemorage so Healers can recover mana - burn blood - DPS limb.

Early on for ph2 we had a Bear tank and had our Warrior equip a shield to hold 1 terror while we burn it, and play ping-pong with the other to control tank stacks. Now our bear has switched to DK, and it is no issue. With all the nerfs we have even eliminated all holding periods and simply nuke each limb down and the DK has enough CDs to survive the 1 impale per platform and still survive the 1 group of Terrors by himself without the warrior holding one. DK tank = OP champ in DS.

I will say that the group my Mage PuGs in has been doing 2T, 3H for about 4 weeks (we started during 5% nerf) and dps can be a little tight on second impale with people padding the meter during limb-cataclysm casts, but otherwise there is no issue in the fight; there is even enough dps to finish ph2 prior to the second set of Terrors. An interesting thing the PuG group does is have the raid stack near the limb after the bolt, too draw the Hemorage Bloods to the raid rather than waste time running to them.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)