Remove Advertisements

[10H] Morchok

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Morchok

Postby fafhrd » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:04 am

Tamarins wrote:
fafhrd wrote:Hm. So if you have 5 people per group, that would be (I think, depending on how they do the math) 107k per stomp on 3 people in the group, and 214k on each of the closest 2. Is the damage for this increased by the physical damage debuff stomp puts up, and if so do the stomps come more frequently than the debuff fades? Assuming not the latter.

Am I missing something or does 214k sound like a lot of damage for a non-tank to have to eat every 15 seconds? Right, I know there's almost no other raid damage, but...how is a non-tank even going to have that much HP?

It's only 214k on the closest 2, one of whom is a tank - so if the other person is someone who has some decent damage mitigation on a low cooldown (feint, raptor strike, mana shield) and priest bubble, it should be doable I think - if it were less frequent it would be easily doable with raid cooldowns, but since it's 15s it might get rough, you may have to rotate who is the 2nd closest person based on personal cooldowns being up. Buffed HP for DPS is around 160-170k now I think in 391/397 gear?

Everyone else is just taking 107kish before bubbles etc, which I think healers are pretty used to dealing with already.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Jaitee » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:37 pm

the positioning im thinking would be something like this
had to use ascendent councils room since dragon soul isnt on boss blueprint yet

it has the advantage of 5 people in range for each stomp and all 3 healers being in range of everyone

the only weakness i can think off is that if an orb spawns behind him it might take too long for the ranged to get too him though it takes em 12 seconds to detonate and you can get some serious distance in that time
Jaitee

Postby Ezelyn » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:27 am

Jaitee wrote:it has the advantage of 5 people in range for each stomp and all 3 healers being in range of everyone

the only weakness i can think off is that if an orb spawns behind him it might take too long for the ranged to get too him though it takes em 12 seconds to detonate and you can get some serious distance in that time

thx, but i think we will be 10 :D
(Assuming there should be a ranged dps on the skull side)

Do you plan to use your melees on Orbs duty ? or only healers and dps ? if we want to have at least one of them in range from the whole raid, you have too ask a melee to stop dps when orbs are up ?
Ezelyn

Postby Jaitee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Ezelyn wrote:
Jaitee wrote:it has the advantage of 5 people in range for each stomp and all 3 healers being in range of everyone

thx, but i think we will be 10 :D
(Assuming there should be a ranged dps on the skull side)

Do you plan to use your melees on Orbs duty ? or only healers and dps ? if we want to have at least one of them in range from the whole raid, you have too ask a melee to stop dps when orbs are up ?

melee is the yellow circles and the blue circles with flames is ranged all the dps and 1 healer will be on orbs 3 on each side that will take care of any orbs on their side
Jaitee

Postby timoseewho » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:47 pm

This is kind of how I picture it with the 3rd healer being assigned to the 'right' group for soaking purposes, but also helping with healing on the 'left'. The green circle symbolizes the 25yd range for the stomp. Ideally the left group will have the 2 ranged and 1 healer soak, and the right group with the 1 ranged and 2 healers soak. However, I'm unsure if the left healer can handle moving and solo-healing most of the group, but worse comes to worst, the melee can do the soaking. Since one of the Morchok's is delayed, I think we can work it out so that the left group gets the delayed one so a healer on the right can help with the left after topping off his group first.

I've seen a couple of videos and between each of his P2, the order of casts seem to be stomp->stomp->stomp->orb->stomp->orb, where the 3rd and 4th stomps must be taken before the 2 orbs.

Edit: @Jaitee, just realized ours is really similar, kudos!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby fafhrd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:53 pm

This was very frustrating till we switched to 4 healing with our dk's 370ish alt. Kind of fell over after that.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:25 pm

fafhrd wrote:This was very frustrating till we switched to 4 healing with our dk's 370ish alt. Kind of fell over after that.

Pick 1:
1. bring 4 healers
2. don't bring more than 2 melee

Doing anything else adds a lot of pain
baleogthefierce

Postby frontallobe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Pick 1:
1. bring 4 healers

Once we switched to this from our 3 healing, then 2 healing strats, we 2 shot it. Bring 4 healers, spread the bosses away from each other and enjoy your 5 man raid team.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:34 pm

frontallobe wrote:
Pick 1:
1. bring 4 healers

Once we switched to this from our 3 healing, then 2 healing strats, we 2 shot it. Bring 4 healers, spread the bosses away from each other and enjoy your 5 man raid team.

Yup we tried for ages to do it with 4 melee and were tearing our hair out in frustration. Even if you bring 4 healers you still have an issue if you don't have 6 total ranged+healers, since the crystals only target ranged/healers unless there are fewer than 3 alive.
baleogthefierce

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:20 pm

baleogthefierce wrote:
frontallobe wrote:
Pick 1:
1. bring 4 healers

Yup we tried for ages to do it with 4 melee and were tearing our hair out in frustration. Even if you bring 4 healers you still have an issue if you don't have 6 total ranged+healers, since the crystals only target ranged/healers unless there are fewer than 3 alive.

I was under the impression that the crystal targets don't actually matter. You can ignore the beams and just have any 3 players soak it.
Belloc

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Belloc wrote:I was under the impression that the crystal targets don't actually matter. You can ignore the beams and just have any 3 players soak it.

It worked that way on normal, but it doesn't work on heroic. The 3 closest ranged/heals are chosen as the targets, and the only way beams can switch targets is if the current target dies or moves farther from the crystal than every other ranged/healer.
baleogthefierce

Postby illinivb7 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:52 pm

The beam swaps seemed pretty buggy as in sometimes when a healer/ranged would get close it would swap over, other times it would not. With that said it will not swap to a tank or melee unless no more ranged/healer options exist. We did not ever think of bringing more than 2 melee, but to expand on that thought bringing 2 melee makes the fight much simpler imo as your tank/melee are the 2 stomp soakers everytime without ever having to swap people around due to crystals and the line not swapping at times.
illinivb7

Postby timoseewho » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:15 am

I have to say, bringing 4 healers and basically treating this boss like 2 5-man raid teams did it for us.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:49 am

doing this on 25 man (but assuming it has similar mechanics)...I remember specifically being targeted by the beam and having it taken off (as the tank), however as it was a new fight it's possible I misunderstood what was going on.

one piece of advice which I think is just as relevant regardless of the difficulty is something from wowpedia.

"Morchok's attack pattern is very straight forward:
Stomp -> Summon Crystal -> Stomp -> Crystal Explodes, Summon New Crystal -> Stomp -> Crystal Explodes -> Black Blood Phase -> Stomp -> Repeat"

There is always a stomp after the crystal spawns, before it explodes. After we got that grouping and movement down (don't run out until crystal spawns, stomp...okay now) made the fight a pushover after 90% and the initial move away.

tanking this was a little rough for me, however, as I ran out of cooldowns a couple times...basically just having to rely on a guarded by the light proc to float me through the next stomp.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Ezelyn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:58 am

In your 4 healers down, how many dps is needed to kill him before enrage ?
Is 4 people at 23k + 2 tank enought ?

Other question about beam/crystal, if we put a healer (paladin lot of armor) in melee range since we've got only 1 melee in the raid. Can he be targetted by crystals ? is it a spec mechanic like Domo or just a range mechanic ?
Ezelyn

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)