[10] Warmaster Ship

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Warmaster Ship

Postby agetro » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:54 am

Anybody know if the fight was changed in any way? My guild was able to do this all stacked up which helped with excessive charges by the melee adds. This last week stacking up didn't help at all. They were doing point-blank charges.
agetro

Postby Adornus » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:08 am

agetro wrote:Anybody know if the fight was changed in any way? My guild was able to do this all stacked up which helped with excessive charges by the melee adds. This last week stacking up didn't help at all. They were doing point-blank charges.

Yes. They hot fixed it to no minimum charge range. You have to spread now.
Adornus

Postby econ21 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:55 am

Is it true that only one of the two adds (the dreadblade) cleaves? I've read that in several places but various guides are a little unclear on this point - saying the adds are identical except one does shadow damage and one does physical, which would seem to imply both cleave. If only one cleaves, it seems desirable to leave their tank out of the twilight onslaught.
econ21

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:13 am

Only the Dreadblade (in the helm) does the cleave attack.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Cowmmunion » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 am

We always pull him (on the occasions when he is up) into the Twilight Onslaught, and just keep him faced away. If you are having issues with the tank not facing him properly or him wailing on people on his way in, you probably don't have to worry about it too much, as long as people aren't getting too low on health inside the onslaught.
Cowmmunion

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:01 am

Continued from frustrations thread:

Amirya wrote:
Hrobertgar wrote:in 10m a macro WILL work, but I don't beleive it will work in 25m.

/tar twilight sap
/cast <class stun ability>

After he vanishes from the cloud and you are in the area, start spamming your macrr and it will auto target and stun the sapper. You are correct however, the macro will not work while he is in the cloud.

I use that macro, but 1 min cooldown. I usually can get every other (which means I just need to work out stun rotation with the healadin).

Honestly, the sappers are annoying, but I don't find them the issue, we're generally quick. It's the other things (don't get me started on Blade Charge and small swirly things).

I agree that when Serphim (our DK) is around, the sappers seldom get through, but as you mentioned on the guild forums, we have trouble when he isn't there.

With the changes this week, how much "more noticeable" is the charge pathing? I generally have an issue seeing it with people standing in the way, or spell effects littered all over the ground, or because I'm trying to stand in the little swirls while also dpsing the drakes. I usually get hit by 1 or 2 throughout a fight (and I imagine that's because of RNG not targeting in my direction that often, or I'd likely get hit by more.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:23 am

Well, Sappers take priority really since if they go thru that's 20% your ship just lost in health.

When we did Blackhorn originally, we had no dk and he was going down, but we have bunch of slows, my dazing shield, a mage and hunter doing their slows.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Sappers are loads of fun when they die in the cabin doorway.

Edit: Yup, I was wrong.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Calleana » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:30 am

We didn't have a DK for some of our kills on Warmaster and found either I with HoJ or the druid tank with charging stuns would be free when a sapper was around so we would try to stun whenever possible. Normally they died just after the stun expired.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:39 am

I'm not saying a DK is required, but it seems to make it the easiest for us.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:43 am

Skye1013 wrote:With the changes this week, how much "more noticeable" is the charge pathing?

The charge indicator is now red and glows upward so it is no longer just on the ground.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)