Heroic Morchok (25)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Heroic Morchok (25)

Postby Glowry » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:31 am

Hello, I'm trying to get some information about H-Morchok. I have not done the fight, but have read about it.

From what I read about the feedback and strategies, it seems like guilds will tank Morchok and his twin (Kohcrom) very far away from each other.

- Why do they do this?
- Is the entire raid still stacked up on Morchok?
- Does the Kohcrom not stomp?
- If the Kohcrom stomps, how does the OT survive this being so far away from the rest of the raid?

Any answers would help, thanks.
Glowry

Re: Heroic Morchok (25)

Postby Winkle » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:31 am

They are twins,your basically fighting two of the same boss simultaneously.

It seems like guilds will tank Morchok and his twin (Kohcrom) very far away from each other. Why do they do this?

Both still have 25 yards on their stomps, both still spawn orbs they require soaking, both still do the blood thingy. Basically you don't want them overlapping.

- Is the entire raid still stacked up on Morchok?

Nope, half on Morchok half on Kohcrom

- Does the Kohcrom not stomp?

He stomps, and does everything else Morchok does.

- If the Kohcrom stomps, how does the OT survive this being so far away from the rest of the raid?

He's surrounded by half the raid grp.
Winkle

Postby Sydious » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:22 am

Any idea how to cope with "Crush Armor" on Heroic (10) (Reduces an enemy's armor by 10% for 20 sec. Effect stacks up to 10 times.) Do both tanks simply continue to take stacks up until the Black Blood of the Earth?
Sydious

Postby Rhagen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:38 am

Sydious wrote:Any idea how to cope with "Crush Armor" on Heroic (10) (Reduces an enemy's armor by 10% for 20 sec. Effect stacks up to 10 times.) Do both tanks simply continue to take stacks up until the Black Blood of the Earth?

He doesn't do Crush Armor on heroic.
Rhagen

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:04 am

I...just got timed out with a long post...so I'll just cover the basics.

from wowpedia:
Morchok's attack pattern is very straight forward:
Stomp -> Summon Crystal -> Stomp -> Crystal Explodes, Summon New Crystal -> Stomp -> Crystal Explodes -> Black Blood Phase -> Stomp -> Repeat

there is ALWAYS a stomp between when a crystal spawns and when it explodes. make sure when a crystal spawns everyone stays stacked for the stomp and THEN goes to the crystal - as it helps with healing quite a bit. healers in our kill were oom at the end and anything you can do to help is good.

rogues are amazing soakers with feint as it's always off cd and they can get some very good numbers just standing and dpsing the entire time (there has to be someone else to eat the extra damage during each stomp, nearest to the boss with the tank).

Enrage isn't tight (one guild on my server with good dps 8 healed it), but I found myself without a cd for a few stomps which could be dicey. The hardest part of the fight for us was getting the split down -> into our first set of crystals, as there's so much movement/healing. after that it's really just about healing.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Ventras » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:37 am

Proactively casting WoG at maximum health just before a stomp for overhealing shield and blowing a minor CD after the stomp seemed enough for our kill. Better save Ardent Defender or GoAK for the last 10%.
“In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.”
Ventras

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)