Remove Advertisements

[10H] Majordomo Staghelm

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Majordomo Staghelm

Postby Jaitee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:55 pm

does anyone have any info on how much dps is needed to beat him in 10 man?
i know with concentration that a specific number per person isn't really possible but if someone could share what sort of numbers your group usually puts out that would help me to decide when my groups ready DPS wise for this fight
Jaitee

Postby RedAces » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:21 am

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z804 ... 604&e=3189
Kill 15sec before enrage, 235k RaidDPS. 30 - 40k DPS per person. (I was lowest with 31k because its my offspecc and I tanked orbs in the cat phase).
RedAces

Postby Belloc » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 pm

So there's an actual enrage instead of just the soft enrage?
Belloc

Postby fafhrd » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Yeah, everything just starts hitting for much more even if you don't phase switch. I think he hit one during a cat phase for us, and the leaps were each doing about 500k, so I imagine in scorpion phase everyone would have gotten one shot.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby timoseewho » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:55 am

So my guild has put in a whole night's worth of attempts in on this fella so far and I just have a few questions on how you guys deal with certain abilities and have had much success with it. Firstly, the Burning Orbs, how do you divy up the raid to soak them (DPS/DPS, DPS/heal, etc.)? When one of our soakers get pounced, it's pretty much GG for us and we have been trying to adopt the tank/melee1 soaking an orb strategy too. Assuming that all our cat phases go to 7, we're planning on doing our scorpions like this, 7-5-5-0-0, 0 meaning we shift him out before he has a chance to do a cleave, to retain our concentration, does this sound viable? Any help would be appreciated, thanks all!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby McHayes » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:59 am

timoseewho wrote:So my guild has put in a whole night's worth of attempts in on this fella so far and I just have a few questions on how you guys deal with certain abilities and have had much success with it. Firstly, the Burning Orbs, how do you divy up the raid to soak them (DPS/DPS, DPS/heal, etc.)? When one of our soakers get pounced, it's pretty much GG for us and we have been trying to adopt the tank/melee1 soaking an orb strategy too. Assuming that all our cat phases go to 7, we're planning on doing our scorpions like this, 7-5-5-0-0, 0 meaning we shift him out before he has a chance to do a cleave, to retain our concentration, does this sound viable? Any help would be appreciated, thanks all!

Burning orbs; I myself as the tankadin take the closest, wherever it spawns, orb with a dk. What I do is just move the boss there, and adjust it so the DK can still dps it. He will also take control of when he moves out, resulting in me automagically taking the orb again.
The range orb is taken by the usual 2 hunters we have, deterrence is quite nice should they be jumped by uncle cat.

As for our kill tactic; we did the first scorpid stage up to 2 cleaves, then split to cat.
when people were full on concentration we popped BL and burned his ass. Its quite easy to keep your stacks even if you get jumped. we forced people to stand at MAX range, and simply start moving their asses when he'd be around 80/90 energy.
This of course doesnt work that well anymore later on when he gains energy more rapid.
We pushed this first cat phase up to about 9 jumps. about 2 seconds before jump #9th people should be close and ready to run in.

when the 2nd scorpid hits, we take 3 cleaves, then do cat again. 3rd scorpid 3 cleaves then cat again. 4th scorpid we spread at 60/70 energy and burn the boss down in cat phase. so no cleave in that 4th scorpid. we killed staghelm in 2 nights. and basically 1 night of this tactic where we minimize the scorpid phases.

the setup was me tanking, disc priest(amazing for smite healing again and raid cooldowns) and druid healer, feral/rogue/dk melee dps, 2 hunters/mage/elemental shaman(haste buff) as ranged.
Sirq - Warrior Tank
Mchayes - Paladin Tank
McHayes

Postby Chicken » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:42 am

Belloc wrote:So there's an actual enrage instead of just the soft enrage?
Yeah, just the regular 500% extra damage done and 150% extra attack/movement speed after 10 minutes.
Chicken

Postby VikrumthePally » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:23 am

Pretty detailed video guide. Explains the why and the hows and throws in a few tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef6z2ObHPBA
VikrumthePally

Postby melisandyr » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:26 pm

We're currently at 2/7 hm, and about to get Baleroc down (880k wipe makes for a sad panda face).

A couple of people on our team are thinking about trying this one next, rather than going back to Beth'tilac (we've learnt a lot of P1, but struggled to raise the right dps) or beginning Alys.

I was hoping for some feedback on what the dps requirements are for this fight. I know concentration helps a lot, but if we're hitting 172k dps (10 man) as a ceiling on Baleroc, is this sufficient gearing for Majordomo?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks.
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:19 am

Read the thread melis, I linked our kill with dps-req and all. Browse this log and you'll see how much dps+ we got. Watch for the Concentration-buffs (Konzentration in german).
"Ungewöhnliche Konz" = 25%
"Außergewöhnliche Konz" = 50%
"Epische Konz" = 75%
"Legendäre Konz" = 100%
RedAces

Postby fafhrd » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:04 pm

If you can kill bael before or around the enrage malis you'll be fine on Domo. Even using one more healer on domo and a strat that doesn't give people max concentration uptime we've only seen the domo enrage once, on a botched attempt.

There are also a TON of different ways to do the fight depending on whether you want to rely on DPS, healing, cooldowns, movement, etc.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Ezelyn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:34 am

Hi, maybe i can give some advice after our down last night.
We were 2/7 HM before Domo (Shannox Ryolith, 0 try on baleroc, 0 on Alyz, only 1 night attempt on Beth).

First night : normal strategy 6dps, 3 heals, 1 tank
doing pretty much like in normal mode (push aoe scorpion until we cant heal the next one). He enrages at about 10%.

After this, we tried another strategy wich leads to the easy down :
1 tank (feral), 2 heals (double holyladin :) ), 7 dps (enhancement+elemental sham, unholy dk, mage*2, hunt, shadow priest)
With this comp we do :
- 6 scorpion
- 7 lynx
- 0 scorpion
- 7 lynx
- 0 scorpion etc...
Like some said, we are all moving at 70 energy to avoid the first aoe.
Important think is : try to put all pillars on the north, bring domo 10yards to south, bring all pillar on south etc... (since you don't stay in scorpion, they don't despawn before the first 3 during the next phase)

to see how easy it is from a heal perspective Link
Last edited by Ezelyn on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ezelyn

Postby Brosterr » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:12 am

We do similar to the above idea. If you have a prot paladin you might want to do this.

First scrop have 2 people out, everyone else behind, then the tank in front alone. This means you have 3 out and one more person going out transitions fast. The key to this is being fast, so 2 out helps. The tank can put up all his major CD's right before the first hit and they will last till the second, he will survive both. Then pop ardent defender to survive the third. The whole raid will have 100% right here. Spread out, if you have a mage have them stack and blink out and pop hero. The whole raid burning at 100% before he leaps is massive dps. We then go-----

8 jumps
stack till last seed is done using all raid cd's because you have them (we also have 2 pallys and a mage so when the seeds come out we have them get a safe distance out and bubble/block the seeds off. I have not seen enough of people saying to do this, it is pro. It adds up to way less damage you take during this seed phase. The damage still registers though so make sure they are at range to do it, and do it before the first hit and get back.)
8 jumps
pally tank can ardent 1 more this time, have the raid move out the second the first swing goes off (AD buys idk, 5 seconds, but why not)
8 jumps with tank+1 dps soaking an orb
should die right here, but from this point on dont take any more scorp swings, just stack and leave before the swing.
Brosterr

Postby domipal » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Bubble/HoP BEFORE the seed phase (when everyone is running in to stack) and you won't get the seed on you at all.
domipal

Postby Sophotrates » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 am

Brosterr wrote:The tank can put up all his major CD's right before the first hit and they will last till the second, he will survive both.

We're probably going to try this boss later this week (6% Ryolith hc wipe) and was wondering what CD's you use. Never thought that you could solo survive a scythe with just normal CD's, not even a first scythe.
I suppose you use GoAK. Divine Protection and BH trinket only last 10 sec, is that enough to cover both? And do you glyph DP? As it sounds like a waste just for this opening tactic as it's very nice for the cat phases.
I can get a Aura Mastery in there too, and maybe a Pain Suppression, depending on setup. Again, is it needed?

And thanks for the HoP/bubble suggestion, didn't know it and will certainly tell our holy paladin. Does this also work with iceblock (I guess yes) and deterrence (I guess no)? As we have 2 mages and 2 hunters in our raid. Combine this with a holy paladin (bubble self, HoP raidmember) and a protection paladin (HoP raidmember) and you got 7 seeds less, which makes that phase almost trivial.

Thanks,
Sophotrates
Sophotrates

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)