Remove Advertisements

[10H] Baleroc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Baleroc

Postby Kitmajere » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:35 pm

We've been two healing, solo tanking, and had two people/shard since the beginning. For reference we had a disc priest and holy pally healing, with a prot pally tank.
Shard tanking: I prefer two-soaking to three since it throws out a lot fewer tormenteds to the raid. We do switch to three soaking if the shard healer has tormented, though. Just have the people taking the first half of the shard be the less squishy ones, and they can go to 14-15ish while the next person takes the remainder. Less squishy classes are - dps druids, dks, locks, enhance shammys, ret pallys... basically anyone with either passive mitigation or a short cd damage reduction. We also rotate cds for them, or did for our early kills, for mana reasons. There are a lot available depending on your healing comp - Sacs (even the tank can do this), DG, Barrier, PS, AM... etc. We also didn't have a spriest or feral, so for the first two shards we have a dk or lock take up to 18-20 stacks with their own mitigation plus an external.
There's also the healing strat to think about: Our healers switch duties every shard so that they both get mana breathers. However, some (most?) just let 1 healer get a ton of stacks early and then tank heal for the rest. Specifically, for an alt run, we let the disc priest heal the spriest for the first shard, while healer 2 healed the tank. Jobs were then switched. The same thing happened when dispersion was up again (healer 2 takes the tank for that shard, then back to crystal healing after). In general, the torment healing is the more difficult duty and you should put your more-geared, better single target, or non-tormented healer on that.
And the boss tanking strat: I guess since the nerf you can 3 heal and meet the dps check, but it isn't really necessary. Two tanking *definitely* doesn't really add that much anymore since DB is what... two hits now? That's the only scary part for a block tank. Now that I finally have 4p I rotate that cancelauraed cd with a dodge clicky trinket, and AD if I'm not topped before the next hit is about to come. You also have a bit of time to LoH before the hit happens.

[Sorry for the novel.]
Kitmajere

Re: [10H] Baleroc

Postby Ghastard » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:21 pm

We just downed him this week with 2 heals. My OS is holy so I healed along with our resto shammy.
Strat:
-fight starts, both heals healing tank
-1st shard pops, tank pops CDs, Heroism, Divine Favor (Holypally), both healers spam heal the 1st shard soaker.
-we use a spriest for entire 1st shard by using AuraMastery at 6 stacks, RallyingCry at 13 stacks, dispersion around 19 stacks.
-Both healers get to 85-95 stacks from that 1st shard
-2nd shard pops, 1 healer (holypally for us) heals this shard, with 2 people soaking using their own dam reduc CDs.
-3rd shard pops, 2nd healer (sham for us) heals this shard, 1st healer is on tank, this shard gets the 2nd healer 120+ stacks, that healer now stays on tank rest of fight, 1st healer has 120+ stacks now stays on shard healing rest of fight, so when 4th shard pops we switch to 3 dps soaking.
-once both heals are 120-130+ stacks, what we did was just have both healers turn their stacks in the healing buff, and keep that healing buff up. 1 healer always healing tank, the 2nd healer healing shard soakers, and spot healing tank to keep up the healing buff.
Ghastard

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)